2021 Winter Meeting Minutes & Updates

necunningham122

May 14, 2021, 7:26:49 PM5/14/21
to New England District-Lightning Class
Hello!

**Please read the entire message as it includes important updates!**

Please see the minutes from the 2021 NE Lightning District Winter Meeting (attached). Upon reading you will notice we have agreed to try Slack as a method of group communication. At this point I have sent an invitation to each email in the Google Group. If you received an invitation to join Slack at multiple email addresses you only need to accept the invite once; create your Slack account with the email you use the most. Please note, WE WILL CONTINUE TO UPDATE THE GOOGLE GROUP. Slack will serve as a supplemental group communication tool on a trial basis for the 2021 season. Please sign up for Slack through the invite link you received through email. You may need to create a password. Once you join, please add a photo and update your name!

Here is a link to some handy Slack tutorials: https://slack.com/help/categories/360000049063
If you would like a personal demonstration, please get in touch with me and I will gladly help out!

I'm sure you're wondering "why are we adding more forms of communication?". The short of it is that we (Bob, myself) would like to revamp the communication efforts within the District. Slack--which works on mobile, desktop, and web--is a comprehensive group communication tool. Slack is the perfect forum to ask questions, look for crew, share stories, post photos--everything that you wouldn't want to send in a massive email chain.

All relevant District info (schedules, updates, results, etc.) will be posted in Slack and shared in the Google Group. We think that Slack offers the best experience for our style of group communication, so please engage with it!

Again, the Google Group will remain updated--Slack will be tried for the 2021 season. PLEASE reach out to me with your questions! I know change is messy, but we hope that everyone will give Slack their full, true effort.

Slack is not public-facing (such as Facebook), so anyone who would like to join will need an invite. Please send the invite link to those who want to maintain contact with the District. Below is the link to join the "New England Lightning District" Slack workspace:

Sincerely yours,
Nathan Cunningham
14360
2021 NE DISTRICT WINTER MEETING Minutes.doc

robert dresser

May 14, 2021, 7:29:53 PM5/14/21
to New England District-Lightning Class, necunningham122
Will the schedule (Regattas, NORs and SIs) also be posted on the ILCA site this year?

Bob Shapiro

May 14, 2021, 9:10:42 PM5/14/21
to robert dresser, New England District-Lightning Class, necunningham122
Each fleet is responsible for posting their regatta(s) on the ILCA web site.  At this point all of the District regattas for 2021 are already there.  Only exception is the Squam August one day which is not yet decided if it will happen or not.  NORs and SIs can be posted there and should definitely be posted on SLack and to the Google Group.

Mark Gardner

May 18, 2021, 6:31:38 PM5/18/21
to Bob Shapiro, robert dresser, 'robert dresser' via New England District-Lightning Class, necunningham122
Never have duplicate NOR's. Duplicates lead to errors.
Always link to a NOR.