Spark 100TB sort record using Netty

Reynold Xin

Nov 7, 2014, 4:19:02 AM11/7/14
to ne...@googlegroups.com
Hi Netty group,

Just want to keep you guys posted about this. We recently participated in the Sort Benchmark using the latest version of Spark. Netty played a nontrivial part in the performance improvements!

Norman / Trustin: Thanks for fixing the bugs I reported so quickly and the feedback on our code!  In the Spark project, we are switching data plane (shuffle and broadcast) to Netty, and possibly control plane messaging in the future too.

Nov 7, 2014, 4:25:49 AM11/7/14
to ne...@googlegroups.com, Reynold Xin
That is awesome! Thanks a lot for the email. This really made my day :)

--
Norman Maurer

이희승 (Trustin Lee)

Nov 19, 2014, 4:57:59 AM11/19/14
to ne...@googlegroups.com, Reynold Xin
Yeah, I'm very happy to know this great news, Reynold! Thank you for sharing. :-)