electrode labels

Joseph Picone

Jun 2, 2019, 8:16:48 AM6/2/19
to nedc_tuh_eeg
Dear Colleagues,

Standardization of labels in EEGs is another one of those frustrating
problems.

Attached is a table containing a listing of all the electrode labels
that appear in TUH EEG v1.1.0. We are trying to document these as part
of a manual we have released for TUH EEG:

https://www.isip.piconepress.com/projects/tuh_eeg/downloads/tuh_eeg/v1.1.0/_DOCS/electrodes_and_channels_v18.docx

This is proving to be difficult because the technicians at TUH are not
as accessible as we had hoped. Some of these labels have not been used
in recent years; others might be specific to a neurologist no longer at
TUH, etc.

I am hoping some of you can help us with these labels. Perhaps your
institution uses similar labels?

If you can fill in some of the entries in the table and send that to us,
we would be very appreciative.

Thanks in advance,

-Joe
electrodes.docx

Joseph Picone

Jul 5, 2019, 10:24:19 PM7/5/19
to nedc_tuh_eeg
We have released a new version of our document describing the electrodes
and channels in the TUH EEG Corpus:

https://www.isip.piconepress.com/publications/reports/2019/tuh_eeg/electrodes/

We explain how and why the data is organized in EDF files. This document
also describes montages, electrode placement, etc. Many of our users
have asked about this, so hopefully this document now addresses your
concerns.

Early next week we will release some Python code that demonstrates how
to correctly read a file, decode the channel labels, and access the
signal data in the correct order.

As always, let us know if you have questions.

-Joe

=======
Subject: electrode labels
Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2019 07:16:40 -0500