Welcome to New People

Sunclad

Aug 16, 2020, 2:05:43 PM8/16/20
to Naturists
Just a brief welcome to a few new people.  If you remain moderated, that is because you failed to show you were a real person or answered the Q&A to get in.  At least one of you received an e-mail outside fo this group requesting you do so.  If there is no response in 30-days, you will be unsubscribed per the group policy.

DMK
Moderator

pkel...@yahoo.com

Aug 16, 2020, 2:21:34 PM8/16/20
to natu...@googlegroups.com
I am, and have always been a real person.
Patrick Kelly, DVM

--
External Page: http://www.sunclad.com/gnaturists/
Postings To: natu...@googlegroups.com

Donald Steele

Aug 16, 2020, 3:00:51 PM8/16/20
to natu...@googlegroups.com
how do i know if im moderated? im real

Donald Steele

Stephen Taylor

Aug 16, 2020, 9:57:53 PM8/16/20
to natu...@googlegroups.com
I don't mind being moderated... but as other newbies observed I can't really tell, either...

Marcus Guem

Aug 16, 2020, 10:59:48 PM8/16/20
to natu...@googlegroups.com
Are we supposed to take part of this thread to prove that we aren't ai
generated text machines?

because I have bad news for all of us - you know, real people...
https://www.technologyreview.com/2020/08/14/1006780/ai-gpt-3-fake-blog-reached-top-of-hacker-news/

:)

M.
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/naturists/CAKx-m5gf5FyRBWNjs34h9LKSokNQzKqhLEgRy4MgGkMM3tYtGA%40mail.gmail.com.

Ride...@comcast.net

Aug 17, 2020, 8:14:58 AM8/17/20
to natu...@googlegroups.com

Sunclad

Aug 17, 2020, 10:08:07 AM8/17/20
to Naturists
Your message posted so you are OK... all in this thread.

Here's the key.  No one needs to post here to prove anything.  Only 2 names remain moderated awaiting them to either contact me, or attempt to post something here.  Under "moderation" the user's post do not appear until I have seen and cleared it.  When a message is attempted, I get an e-mail saying I need to check in, I do that, and allow the message to post.  This pretty much handles the need.

When someone subscribed via Google Groups there is a small Q&A session asking the person to introduce themselves.  Only I see that.  This proved to me they are  areal person and not a spam or junk robot.  Often a junk mailer will subscribe to a list and liw dormant for a while to throw off a moderation team.  Then the junk mailing begins.  By asking someone to say a few words we eliminate the greater part of the possibility it is a junk mailer.

During the 30-day period I set, if junk mail comes in, it is "moderated" for me to see first.  If its junk, I can delete it and no one sees it, and I remove that user.  If it's a legitimate post, I can allow it to post to the list and remove any moderated status from their user account.  Having moderation is helpful if someone's account gets hacked.  If junk appears I can usually delete it quickly and place that account on moderation until the user fixes the problem by changing their password.  In rare occasions they may have to subscribe under a new address.  Rare... but can happen.

I periodically also check the list for "bouncing" users, meaning that they are not getting list messages.  This happens if a person changes their e-mail address and doesn't fix it here and their old account is closed.  Also if they fail to check e-mail and their INBOX cannot receive more mail.  Those folks I just remove without fanfare, maybe 1-2 times a year.

DMK

D. Kirkpatrick

Aug 17, 2020, 10:16:08 AM8/17/20
to natu...@googlegroups.com, Stephen Taylor
On 8/16/2020 9:57 PM, Stephen Taylor wrote:
> I don't mind being moderated... but as other newbies observed I can't
> really tell, either...

If your message appears on the list, you are all set to go.  as noted
only 2 potential users are "moderated" at this time, and if they attempt
to post, the system catches the message and holds it for me to accept.

The Google Groups system is going through some updates to its interface
and recently changed some functions.  They used to send out a message
when a person is accepted to the list.  I guess they are not doing that
anymore if you did not know you were on the list.  Communications with
moderators can be very slim at times from Google.

DMK

Gmail

Aug 17, 2020, 11:08:59 AM8/17/20
to natu...@googlegroups.com
Can you remove me?  I have no interest in this forum. I tried unsubscribing using the unsubscribe link, but it made no difference.  Still getting emails. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 17, 2020, at 7:08 AM, Sunclad <sun...@sunclad.com> wrote:

--
External Page: http://www.sunclad.com/gnaturists/
Postings To: natu...@googlegroups.com

Nudist OfTheNorthwest

Aug 17, 2020, 9:13:21 PM8/17/20
to natu...@googlegroups.com
Greetings and Salutations!

Real Couple, out of Lacey, WA.

Hope everything is going well with you. Stay safe, stay healthy, be nude.

Martin and CJ

EastIndian Male