Inspired by Calculus math circle in Cary, NC, on Mondays in March

Maria Droujkova

Feb 26, 2014, 8:22:21 AM2/26/14
to CHS, natur...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Good news - share with friends! We are running the new and improved "Inspired by Calculus" session of the Natural Math circle in March.

What: Adventures inspired by calculus, for children ages 7-11* and their grown-ups
When: 5:30 - 6:30 pm Mondays March 3, 10, 17, 24, 31
Where: Spacious and fun DZone conference room, second floor at 150 Preston Executive Drive, Cary "Now with more giant beanbags than ever!"
Who: Materials for the math circle are developed by Dr. Maria Droujkova and Yelena McManaman (naturalmath.com) and Kalid Azad (betterexplained.com). Participating kids and parents like adventures, exploration, art, and humor, in the context of advanced mathematics.
Register: we keep groups small, so spaces are limited; pay $100** and register online - http://www.moebiusnoodles.com/product/inspired-calculus-march-2014/

In this session, we will focus more on making and modeling. We will build physical and virtual models of bodies of revolution, explore fractals further, and tackle some integration.

(*) Older and younger kids are welcome, if you think that will work well. Talk to me if you are not sure.
(**) Need-based partial or full scholarships available. Email ma...@naturalmath.com to apply.

Cheers,
Dr. Maria Droujkova