Chapter 8 ready for review

1 view

Matt Hinze

Jan 20, 2010, 11:13:45 PM1/20/10
to mvc2inacti...@googlegroups.com
Chapter 8 is a port of chapter 2 from the first book. I changed it to use a different domain and added some text (so it made sense in the context of the current chapter 2), but otherwise left it alone.  Please take a look and send along any feedback.

Also, I haven't had any feedback on chapter 11, the security chapter, and I could use some.  Has anyone used the AntiXSS library?  I think a blurb about that would make an excellent addition.

Thanks,
Matt
MVC2iA_CH_08.docx

Dariusz Tarczynski

Jan 21, 2010, 5:42:03 AM1/21/10
to mvc2inacti...@googlegroups.com
Hi all.
Bellow my comments:
CustomerPrioroty => spelling
we add several several items => to many "several" :-)
When using the ASP.NET MVC Framework, a controller is part of the presentation layer. => Is that realy true?

Best regards
Darek

2010/1/21 Matt Hinze <mhi...@gmail.com>
--
--------------------
Please feel free to comment on the progress of the book, the content, and the code samples.  All code and text is available on the book's GitHub site at http://github.com/jeffreypalermo/mvc2inaction.  We hope developing this book out in the open and with your feedback makes it a great book for the community.

--
Pozdrawiam
Dariusz Tarczyński

charliesolomon

Jan 21, 2010, 6:01:35 PM1/21/10
to mvc2inaction-discuss
The sentence "For this book, persistence is just not that interesting"
was in the first book... I understand the point, but for this edition
maybe the phrase "For this book" should be changed to "When thinking
about the domain model". Jeffrey put a chapter up for review that
goes goes in-depth with persistence using NHibernate (ch 23?)... so it
is a *little* interesting for this book (at least I thought it was.)

Matt Hinze

Jan 21, 2010, 6:06:57 PM1/21/10
to mvc2inacti...@googlegroups.com
Absolutely.  This will go in.  More please!  =)

Thanh Dao

Jan 24, 2010, 3:36:04 PM1/24/10
to mvc2inaction-discuss
Hi Matt,

Page 8 - "...points that will be an our technical base for success..."
not sure but I think it should read "...points that will be our
technical base for success..."

Regards,
Thanh