Chapter 19 ready for review

Matt Hinze

Mar 2, 2010, 1:57:35 AM3/2/10
to mvc2inacti...@googlegroups.com
I've attached Chapter 19, Lightweight Controllers, for your review.
Thanks again for all your feedback - it's very helpful.

Matt

MVC2iA_CH_19.docx

Matt Hinze

Mar 2, 2010, 2:02:18 AM3/2/10
to mvc2inacti...@googlegroups.com
Oops, forgot to run it through spell check first. Here's an updated version.
MVC2iA_CH_19.docx

Jag Reehal

Mar 7, 2010, 12:57:53 PM3/7/10
to mvc2inacti...@googlegroups.com
Matt,

Haven't finished reading the chapter yet.

In the KeepingControllersLightweight solution rename the parameter
DesinationType to DestinationType in the AutoMappedViewResult class.

Cheers,

Jag

> --
> --------------------
> Please feel free to comment on the progress of the book, the content, and the code samples.  All code and text is available on the book's GitHub site at http://github.com/jeffreypalermo/mvc2inaction.  We hope developing this book out in the open and with your feedback makes it a great book for the community.

charliesolomon

Mar 14, 2010, 12:00:36 AM3/14/10
to mvc2inaction-discuss
Matt:

Great chapter... I love the concept of using an array of custom
action filters... I'll be checking out the source code for more
inspiration.

Here are a few minor things I found (sorry I don't have Word installed
to give you a marked up doc):

I stumbled over this sentence:
"and how the User object communicates it should be sent the message"
How about this:
"and when an 'Order Shipped' message should be sent"

"We cannot instantiate them, no can we supply them with non-constant
parameters"
Should be:
"We cannot instantiate them, nor can we supply them with non-constant
parameters"

"We've seen that a classes dependencies should be managed from
outside"
Should be:
"We've seen that a class' dependencies should be managed from outside"

Or, I'd accept class's... but Justice Clarence Thomas would dissent:
http://grammar.quickanddirtytips.com/apostrophe-plural-grammar-rules.aspx

"As an application grows, it's dependency graph"
Should be:
"As an application grows, its dependency graph"

"In the next section we'll take lighten our controller even further"
Should be:
"In the next section we'll lighten our controller even further"

-Charlie