Extracting tech3

Dani Schulze

Jun 7, 2021, 3:20:58 PM6/7/21
to MplusAutomation
Dear Michael and Joshua,

unfortunately I cant parse tech3 output from my files.
readModels() yields either an empty list or an error (<simpleError in extractTech3(outfiletext, fileInfo, curfile): Object 'fileInfo' not found>), depending on the model.
The covariance matrices are present in Mplus, of course.

My setup:
  • Tested with Mplus 7 and 8.4
  • Tested simple CFA models (-> empty list) as well as a sort of experimental moderated non-linear factor models (-> error). Those include some model constraints. If you need input on the latter, see Bauer (2017) or I could attach the output.
Things I looked up:
I would be gratefull if you have a quick idea what's going wrong (or what I am doing wrong). Otherwise I will go down the path of writing something up on my own.

Thanks!