읽지 않은 첫 메시지로 건너뛰기

Ray Danner

읽지 않음,
2023. 1. 29. 오전 11:51:4423. 1. 29.
받는사람 Motus Wildlife Tracking System
Dear colleagues,

I'm curious if you can direct me to resources methods for triangulation with Motus. I have searched the literature and this group's discussions, but I can't find much. Any guidance would be appreciated!

Thank you!

Sincerely,
Ray

Degroote, Lucas

읽지 않음,
2023. 1. 30. 오후 12:35:5623. 1. 30.
받는사람 motu...@googlegroups.com

Ray,

Are you interested in triangulation with receiving stations or on the ground tracking? I haven’t done a recent lit search but the only paper on the former that I’m aware of is Lenske’s. Alternatively, Paxton uses trilateration which could potentially be adapted. Based on Lenske’s paper and my experience, the stations would have to be close to get simultaneous detections.

If you’re interested in tandem ground tracking we were able to use a simple linear regression between signal strength and known distance to estimate distance of individuals not sighted. I could send you more information on that if it would be helpful.

Sincerely,

Luke DeGroote

Avian Conservation Scientist

Powdermill Nature Reserve