spaces and non-latin characters in the mongoose.conf variables

hattifattener

Sep 1, 2013, 12:42:23 PM9/1/13
to mongoos...@googlegroups.com
It would be very useful to support spaces, non-latin characters and maybe quotes in the path variables document_root and cgi_interpreter.

Sergey Lyubka

Sep 2, 2013, 5:54:02 AM9/2/13
to mongoose-users
That is already the case, to the best of my knowledge.
What problem do you have?

On Sun, Sep 1, 2013 at 5:42 PM, hattifattener <y.voun...@gmail.com> wrote:
It would be very useful to support spaces, non-latin characters and maybe quotes in the path variables document_root and cgi_interpreter.

Youry Vountesmery

Sep 3, 2013, 10:11:15 AM9/3/13
to mongoos...@googlegroups.com
Here is my test configuration:

I have a server installed to "C:\Program Files\Mongoose\mongoose.exe"

CGI launcher at "C:\Program Files\Mongoose\cgi.cmd"

server root at "C:\Program Files\Mongoose\htdocs"

mongoose.conf variables:

cgi_pattern **.vbs$|**.cmd$
cgi_interpreter cgi.cmd
authentication_domain localhost
enable_directory_listing no
index_files index.lp
access_control_list -0.0.0.0/0,+127.0.0.1
listening_ports 8888
document_root htdocs
num_threads 32
request_timeout_ms 3000
error_log_file error.log
access_log_file access.log

Here is my problems:

1) On Windows XP cgi launch give error 500 (CGI program sent malformed
or too big (>16384 bytes) HTTP headers: [])
It is because of space in "Pogram Files".
Moved to the directory without spaces server work fine.
On Window 7 and above, spaces in path are accepted.

2) National (for example cyrillic) characters in folder names are not
accepted on any windows.

Reported problem has been reproduced for mongoose ver. 3.8 and 3.9 development.

Thank you in advance for your help.

2013/9/2, Sergey Lyubka <val...@gmail.com>:
--
/with/the/best/*