rec.arts.poems - 16 new messages in 9 topics - digest

2 vues
Passer au premier message non lu

rec.arts.poems group

non lue,
23 nov. 2009, 03 h 07 min 42 s2009-11-23
à rec.arts.poems digest subscribers

rec.arts.poems
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.arts.poems?hl=en

rec.art...@googlegroups.com

Today's topics:

* Truck Stop Woman: the video (made by Michael Lindberg of Sweden) - 6
messages, 5 authors
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.arts.poems/t/7a4fa17d38819f58?hl=en
* Some WalkaboutsVerse, etc. - 1 messages, 1 author
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.arts.poems/t/814b79fd82e78ebe?hl=en
* GOLDEN REWARD - 1 messages, 1 author
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.arts.poems/t/05dd96efe9559b4f?hl=en
* Del Ranch $.99 taco bar & open mic Sunday - 3 messages, 2 authors
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.arts.poems/t/1707688b79e1e2d0?hl=en
* Know how the term "Black Friday" got started? - 1 messages, 1 author
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.arts.poems/t/c6c5da4b56c5f970?hl=en
* MySpace in China - 1 messages, 1 author
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.arts.poems/t/15e3fd03ad6f288e?hl=en
* Meat Plow's Twinkie addiction - 1 messages, 1 author
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.arts.poems/t/46bc587f380ba8f0?hl=en
* Karla / Sonnet - 1 messages, 1 author
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.arts.poems/t/7d50a4cc0cbe591d?hl=en
* on crap - 1 messages, 1 author
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.arts.poems/t/27e9a7ee1a78df18?hl=en

TOPIC: Truck Stop Woman: the video (made by Michael Lindberg of Sweden)
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.arts.poems/t/7a4fa17d38819f58?hl=en

== 1 of 6 ==
Date: Sat, Nov 21 2009 11:17 pm
From: "Orson Wells as CitizenCain"

"Critic Al" <m...@home.now> wrote in message
> What does "In corporation with Will Dockery mean"? Are you a corporation?

Yea, haven't you ever heard of "Douchebags, Inc.?"

== 2 of 6 ==
Date: Sun, Nov 22 2009 7:01 am
From: George Dance

On Nov 21, 4:42 am, Will Dockery <will.dock...@gmail.com> wrote:
> My pal Michael Lindberg of Sweden put together a nice video
> interpretation of "Truck Stop Woman", which seems to be well-liked
> over in Europe right now...
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvtQEf7bnfs
>
> > > Actually I feel I must come to the defense of Will. He's a decent dude
> > > who never started any trouble with anyone in this newsgroup.
>
> > > He's always been polite to his critics. Even when Gary Gamble made fun
> > > of the death of a woman that Will loved.
>
> > And the film from the last days of that era will soon be brought to
> > light.
>
> > Here are some of the stills from the 1996 Shadowville All-Stars
> > film... including footage of the late Rick Howe, who Rick Edwards &
> > Henry Conley both knew. He used to be a part of the downtown open mic
> > scene of 1995-97, when The Loft, Human Experience Theatre, Bizarre
> > Earth & The Brewery (a coffeeshop next door to where Fountain City is
> > now) were the only places in downtown Shadowville, & we did fine. Sure
> > could have used that Loft balcony, though... which was over a decade
> > away:
>
> >http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture...
>
> > Stay tuned...
>
> > --
> > "Red Lipped Stranger & other stories" by Will Dockery:http://www.myspace.com/willdockery>http://www.myspace.com/chucklysaght

I commented on YT, telling Mr. Lindberg that "The video is interesting
(especially considering it relies only on stills, the sound quality is
light years ahead of the earlier live videos on YT, and the song
itself grows on me with every listen." I also had some complaints
about the accompanying text, which he was gracious enough to
acknowledge and re-edit to some degree. Definitely if I want to hear
TSW (and it is one I like to give a listen to now and then), that's
the page I'll go to. fer now.

== 3 of 6 ==
Date: Sun, Nov 22 2009 7:20 am
From: Meat Plow

On Sat, 21 Nov 2009 17:08:23 -0400, "Critic Al" <m...@home.now>wrote:

>What does "In corporation with Will Dockery mean"? Are you a corporation?

It means that Willy made a typing boo boo....

== 4 of 6 ==
Date: Sun, Nov 22 2009 9:04 am
From: "G&tSP"

On Nov 22, 10:20 am, Meat Plow <m...@petitmorte.net> wrote:
> On Sat, 21 Nov 2009 17:08:23 -0400, "Critic Al" <m...@home.now>wrote:
>
> >What does "In corporation with Will Dockery mean"? Are you a corporation?
>
> It means that Willy made a typing boo boo....

Dumbass: the writer's name was Michael.

== 5 of 6 ==
Date: Sun, Nov 22 2009 10:48 am
From: Meat Plow

On Sun, 22 Nov 2009 09:04:25 -0800 (PST), "G&tSP"
<gan...@yahoo.ca>wrote:

>On Nov 22, 10:20?am, Meat Plow <m...@petitmorte.net> wrote:
>> On Sat, 21 Nov 2009 17:08:23 -0400, "Critic Al" <m...@home.now>wrote:
>>
>> >What does "In corporation with Will Dockery mean"? Are you a corporation?
>>
>> It means that Willy made a typing boo boo....
>
>Dumbass: the writer's name was Michael.

Aw aint this special! My little addict is all worky up. Settle down
now and shut the fuck up like a good boi.

== 6 of 6 ==
Date: Sun, Nov 22 2009 6:13 pm
From: Will Dockery

On Nov 22, 10:01 am, George Dance <georgedanc...@yahoo.ca> wrote:
> On Nov 21, 4:42 am, Will Dockery wrote:
>
> > My pal Michael Lindberg of Sweden put together a nice video
> > interpretation of "Truck Stop Woman", which seems to be well-liked
> > over in Europe right now...
>
> >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvtQEf7bnfs

> > > And the film from the last days of that era will soon be brought to
> > > light.
>
> > > Here are some of the stills from the 1996 Shadowville All-Stars
> > > film... including footage of the late Rick Howe, who Rick Edwards &
> > > Henry Conley both knew. He used to be a part of the downtown open mic
> > > scene of 1995-97, when The Loft, Human Experience Theatre, Bizarre
> > > Earth & The Brewery (a coffeeshop next door to where Fountain City is
> > > now) were the only places in downtown Shadowville, & we did fine. Sure
> > > could have used that Loft balcony, though... which was over a decade
> > > away:
>
> > >http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture...
>
> > > Stay tuned...
>
> > > "Red Lipped Stranger & other stories" by Will Dockery:http://www.myspace.com/willdockery>http://www.myspace.com/chucklysaght
>
> I commented on YT, telling Mr. Lindberg that "The video is interesting
> (especially considering it relies only on stills, the sound quality is
> light years ahead of the earlier live videos on YT, and the song
> itself grows on me with every listen." I also had some complaints
> about the accompanying text, which he was gracious enough to
> acknowledge and re-edit to some degree. Definitely if I want to hear
> TSW (and it is one I like to give a listen to now and then), that's
> the page I'll go to. fer now.

Yes, Michael did a good job, I think.

--
"Truck Stop Woman" by Will Dockery (the video):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvtQEf7bnfs

TOPIC: Some WalkaboutsVerse, etc.
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.arts.poems/t/814b79fd82e78ebe?hl=en

== 1 of 1 ==
Date: Sun, Nov 22 2009 2:51 am
From: walkaboutsverse

Poem 166 of 230: COLOURFUL LLANDUDNO - SUMMER 2001

Seated within the Greenery,
Looking up, from a plate of toast
(Reddened with beans and tomatoes),
Along Chapel Street’s three-storey
Flats in white with red or yellow,
Or white with a brown or a blue
(White with almost every hue),
I thought: “Colourful Llandudno.”

From http://blogs.myspace.com/walkaboutsverse (e-book)
Or http://walkaboutsverse.sitegoz.com (e-scroll)
(C) David Franks 2003

On Nov 21, 11:17 am, walkaboutsverse <david1fra...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Poem 184 of 230: THE QUICK CLUBBERS' TROT IN NEWCASTLE - AUTUMN 2001
>
> Fridays, Saturdays,
>     Latish in the night,
> Bringing a smile,
>     Making quite a sight
> Down the steep-sloped Side,
>     High on their heels -
> Bonny, blithe ladies,
>     Done with their meals
> Or earlier clubs,
>     Seeking the next spot,
> And risking it with
>     Their quick clubbers' trot.
>
> Fromhttp://blogs.myspace.com/walkaboutsverse(e-book)
> Orhttp://walkaboutsverse.sitegoz.com(e-scroll)
> (C) David Franks 2003
>
> On Nov 20, 11:20 am, walkaboutsverse <david1fra...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> > Poem 37 of 230: RODEO DRIVE
>
> > On visiting Los Angeles,
> >     I thought I’d walk Rodeo Drive.
> > I’d passed a few up-market shops
> >     When an hombre said, “Take one please.”
>
> > ‘Twas info. on exploitation,
> >     Which I read that night in my room.
> > It mentioned of the unfair gap -
> >     Sweatshop-wages to profit-on.
>
> > I left him to visit the john,
> >     Which was all clad in marble stone.
> > Then I walked past more fortune gowns
> >     To lunch: four bucks - fair profit-on.
>
> > Fromhttp://blogs.myspace.com/walkaboutsverse(e-book)
> > Orhttp://walkaboutsverse.sitegoz.com(e-scroll)
> > (C) David Franks 2003
>
> > On Nov 19, 10:51 am, walkaboutsverse <david1fra...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > > Poem 36 of 230: WALKABOUT MEXICO
>
> > > In late December,
> > >     1996,
> > > I can remember
> > >     Being in a fix -
> > > For time and pesos -
> > >     And, thus, unable
> > > To see Mexico’s
> > >     Sights commendable.
>
> > > So, in Tijuana,
> > >     I enjoyed the show
> > > At a miniature
> > >     Rep. of Mexico.
>
> > > Fromhttp://blogs.myspace.com/walkaboutsverse(e-book)
> > > Orhttp://walkaboutsverse.sitegoz.com(e-scroll)
> > > (C) David Franks 2003

> read more »- Hide quoted text -

TOPIC: GOLDEN REWARD

Date: Sun, Nov 22 2009 3:02 am
From: rksingh

GOLDEN REWARD

With sudden twists and turns

popping up each new day

life still awaits intrigues

through meandering pathways

I search the golden light

the rising Capricorn

held for a Sunday child

the labyrinths are dark

and scary but I know

the way in is the way out

I can’t trip along the way

like others in blind alleys

the guardian angel

leads me to golden reward

--R.K.SINGH

TOPIC: Del Ranch $.99 taco bar & open mic Sunday
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.arts.poems/t/1707688b79e1e2d0?hl=en

== 1 of 3 ==
Date: Sun, Nov 22 2009 11:52 am
From: "Orson Wells as CitizenCain"

"Will Dockery" <will.d...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> No prob[SMACK]

You don't even TRY to hide the fact that you're a post-editing douche, DO
you?

== 2 of 3 ==
Date: Sun, Nov 22 2009 11:52 am
From: "Orson Wells as CitizenCain"

> No prob[SMACK]

You don't even TRY to hide the fact that you're a post-editing douche, DO
you?

== 3 of 3 ==
Date: Sun, Nov 22 2009 6:10 pm
From: Will Dockery

"Orson Wells as CitizenCain" <noem...@here.invalidd> wrote:

> You don't even TRY to hide

From you? No...

--
"Truck Stop Woman" by Will Dockery (the video):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvtQEf7bnfs

TOPIC: Know how the term "Black Friday" got started?

Date: Sun, Nov 22 2009 4:54 pm
From: Fred Hall

On Sat, 21 Nov 2009 20:21:59 -0600, "\"The Great One\""
<hones...@centurytel.net> wrote:

>"Gregory Hall" <greg...@home.fake> wrote in message news:3a64p0....@news.alt.net...
>> Back in the good old days they used to have slave auctions on Friday.
>> --
>> Gregory Hall
>
>We should have just "leased" them so they could be returned back to Africa...

No surprise that you would post a racist comment.

Not the first time you've done this, false christian scum.
--

"No need to put up with a newsgroup full of incorrect information by
self-appointed know it alls, with unbearable arrogance. No need to fight

Dr Frank aka RobertM and a thousand other socks says goodbye to alt.cellular.sprintpcs
in August 2004

TOPIC: MySpace in China

Date: Sun, Nov 22 2009 6:16 pm
From: Will Dockery

George Dance <georgedanc...@yahoo.ca> wrote:
>Peter J Ross <p...@example.invalid> wrote:
>
> > > China has
>
> > three billion residents
>
> So China's another subject you know nothing about, PJ. You're a
> veritable Renaissance ignoramus, aren't you?> --

Poor PJR... his "persecution campaign" seems to have bounced back at
him... Karma Bombs, y'know.

--
"Truck Stop Woman" by Will Dockery (the video):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvtQEf7bnfs

TOPIC: Meat Plow's Twinkie addiction

Date: Sun, Nov 22 2009 6:20 pm
From: Will Dockery

On Nov 18, 5:36 pm, "G&tSP" <gand...@yahoo.ca> wrote:
> On Nov 18, 11:43 am, Meat Plow <m...@petitmorte.net> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 18 Nov 2009 03:32:23 -0800 (PST), "G&tSP"
> > <gand...@yahoo.ca>wrote:
>
> > >Seriously, though, I'm getting concerned about Meat Pie. He's
> > >going through some pretty severe mood swings -- his behavior is
> > >becoming increasingly erratic -- and I'm wondering if it could be due
> > >to all those Twinkies.
>
> >  just plain fucking retarded.
>
> Maybe that's all it is. But you do seem to be getting worse.

MP seems to have his good days and his bad days...

--
"Truck Stop Woman" by Will Dockery (the video):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvtQEf7bnfs

TOPIC: Karla / Sonnet

Date: Sun, Nov 22 2009 8:33 pm
From: Karla

Sonnet

You look at me with eyes I can't perceive
Outside the pillowed fortress where we play,
They flicker ciphers meant to make me leave
Or wanton glints contrived to have me stay.
Like San Francisco buried in the mist,
Coit Tower winking just beyond our reach,
To parse a warning when another gist
Forecasts in driftwood scattered on the beach.
We feast in nights trans-shifting and explore
The hazy border that would know its end,
Whose ears to close against the dawning roar,
Where vows repent and acts soon reprehend.
So loosed the firefly afar from home:
It sparks because, but glimmer tricks, may roam.

Karla

TOPIC: on crap

Date: Mon, Nov 23 2009 11:12 pm
From: "Michael Cook"

"Antti" <anttino...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> crap does not just happen
> it takes complicated process es
> to turn something
> into steaming pile of shit

i can dig it

mdc

To change the way you get mail from this group, visit:
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.arts.poems/subscribe?hl=en

To report abuse, send email explaining the problem to ab...@googlegroups.com

Google Groups: http://groups.google.com/?hl=en
Répondre à tous