Black Dog / PJR

Peter J Ross

Nov 13, 2009, 10:11:02 PM11/13/09
Black Dog
---------

Cerberus never sleeps

/subridet Cerberus/

between his teeth are heroes' sinews
and in his midden whole fingers

/irridet Cerberus/

I recognise a perfume, was it yours?
I asked Ed what he fought for
and he said literally this earth

/sternuit Cerberus/

the silent, steady skim
of his master's iron oars
holds Cerberus a-wait

it won't be long to wait
not too long to wait

--
PJR :-)

<http://pjr.lasnobberia.net/verse/>

Rik

Nov 14, 2009, 7:07:35 AM11/14/09

It's an intriguing read, Peter, but it's not toddling into my loving
arms yet.

Cerebus: smiles; mocks; sneezes. The poem works better after I looked
up the translations.

'Ed' annoys me - I want a context for him and my scant graecoroman
myth knowledge base isn't giving me one. War veteran (given the
November posting)? Which would make sense of the 'heroes' and 'fought'
references.

'perfume' - a disjoint too far? The word is too gender-specific (in my
vocab) to sit easy in my reading of the piece.

'Black Dog' doesn't take me in the direction of Cerebus; rather I'm
thinking of Black Shuck - how much damage is done to the idea behind
the poem if one replaces the other? The last two strophes would need
rewriting, but then I'm not loving that closing strophe so I wouldn't
cry ...

HTH etc.

Rik, knee deep.

Gwyneth

Nov 16, 2009, 12:45:20 PM11/16/09
Peter J Ross wrote:

Hi Peter,

I've read the other comments (etc.) so this
reply is made in that context.

> Black Dog
> ---------
I have no problem connecting the Black Dog
with Cerberus. But I'm not sure what the title
actually adds to anything.

> Cerberus never sleeps
>
> /subridet Cerberus/

(I didn't know there was a subreddit specifically
for Cerberus. And, sadly, having read it that way,
it's very difficult to un-read it.)

Apart from that, these two lines make me want to
read more.

> between his teeth are heroes' sinews
> and in his midden whole fingers

The first of these two lines is not a problem, though
it is slightly flat.
But I don't think of dogs having middens. And, even
if they do, I don't think of them burying finger bones
in them. Even "whole fingers" are pretty small and I'd
expect them to be eaten immediately, not left for later.
Nor do I associate middens with the classics.
The sound similarity of midden and middle is a stupid
distraction that I can't avoid.

> /irridet Cerberus/

I had to look this up.
(You'd like my Latin dictionary - it's actually Latin-
Spanish and sometimes seems to have a strong element of
redundancy. There is no obvious cognate here, though.)

> I recognise a perfume, was it yours?

Not sure about the tense change.
Not sure, either, that this links well enough to the
next lines to be part of the same stanza.

> I asked Ed what he fought for
> and he said literally this earth

Maybe the lack of punctuation helps leave the purpose
of "literally" ambiguous.
I don't know who Ed is. And that seems to be important.

> /sternuit Cerberus/
This had to be sneezes (since starling isn't a verb!).

> the silent, steady skim
> of his master's iron oars
> holds Cerberus a-wait

Hmm. Too much unhelpful double meaning in here.
I'm bothered by iron oars - wouldn't they rust?
And "iron ore" seems to be no more than a distraction,
as does the wait/weight echo.

Whether or not you pronounce Cerberus with a soft "c",
there are an awful lot of sibilants here.

> it won't be long to wait
> not too long to wait

I keep looking at the ending and re-reading it and
trying to make up my mind to dislike it, but I can't
decide.

I'm definitely ambivalent about this piece. It's not
one of your best. At least not yet. I'll be interested
to see where it goes if you re-write it.

g.

Message has been deleted

Will Dockery

Nov 16, 2009, 4:43:58 PM11/16/09
Cythera <cyth...@my-deja.com> wrote:

> Whoa, what a title. Right away I hear Jimmy Page's guitar: dada dada
> DAda, etc. Love it; I'm on the hook

Yes, exactly the way I heard it, from a glance at the title... here's
a great one from Earls Court 1975:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6L4GixccLU

--
"Red Lipped Stranger & other stories" by Will Dockery:
http://www.myspace.com/willdockery

Will Dockery

Nov 16, 2009, 9:17:42 PM11/16/09
Rik <rik.ro...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Black Dog

<snipped for copyright purposes>

Led Zeppelin Black Dog Guitar Video Lesson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yoGXwH-bTc

"...JamPlay.com's own Matt Brown teaches you Led Zeppelin's "Black
Dog". Within minutes you'll be shredding like Jimmy Page."

For the full lesson, visit:
http://www.jamplay.com/guitar-lessons...

"...If you like what you see, subscribe to our YouTube channel to be
notified when we add other guitar lessons!"

> It's an intriguing read but it's not toddling into my loving arms yet.

To say the least.

Will Dockery

Nov 16, 2009, 9:32:38 PM11/16/09
Shakespeare Sonnet-a-Day
Sonnet #98

From you have I been absent in the spring,
When proud-pied April dress'd in all his trim
Hath put a spirit of youth in every thing,
That heavy Saturn laugh'd and leap'd with him.
Yet nor the lays of birds nor the sweet smell
Of different flowers in odour and in hue
Could make me any summer's story tell,
Or from their proud lap pluck them where they grew;
Nor did I wonder at the lily's white,
Nor praise the deep vermilion in the rose;
They were but sweet, but figures of delight,
Drawn after you, you pattern of all those.
Yet seem'd it winter still, and, you away,
As with your shadow I with these did play.

-William Shakespeare

Will Dockery

Nov 18, 2009, 4:03:55 PM11/18/09
China has a seperate MySpace going (interesting article on Wikipedia,
btw) and the Chinese are pretty picky about what info goes in or out
of the country. I found a way to invite & meet Chines folks, though.
You go directly to the individual page and "add friend" there... I've
befriended maybe a dozen folks there, so far (one excellent folk
rocker, who I blogged on!). Go to the very back of my friends list
(the last page) and you can catch a few there, nice folks. Now, about
commenting on their pages, again, you have to actually go to their
page and post the comment from there! And don't attach anything, I
found out, just a simple "Pleased to meet you, hope you guess my name,
oh yeah." kind of thing...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_censorship_in_the_People's_Republic_of_China

Another curious detail I would like to know more about, is that when I
post on Chinese MySpace, my profile photo from six months ago appears
there! Strange days indeed, most peculiar...

Posted by Will Dockery on November 18, 2009 - Wednesday - 3:59 PM

Orson Wells as CitizenCain

Nov 19, 2009, 6:30:25 AM11/19/09

"Will Dockery" <will.d...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> China has a seperate MySpace going (interesting article on Wikipedia,
> btw) and the Chinese are pretty picky about what info goes in or out
> of the country. I found a way to invite & meet Chines folks, though.
> You go directly to the individual page and "add friend" there... I've
> befriended maybe a dozen folks there, so far

A repugnant douchebag like you making contacts in China? Do you WANT our
trade agreements to fail, Dockery?

Rob Cypher

Nov 20, 2009, 2:34:32 PM11/20/09

purple

Nov 20, 2009, 3:09:07 PM11/20/09
On 2009-11-20 13:34:32 -0600, Rob Cypher <bal...@aol.com> said:

> No,

I can't deal with this idiot, yeah I must admit that he's a punk ass bitch

Peter J Ross

Nov 20, 2009, 5:16:20 PM11/20/09
In rec.arts.poems on Wed, 18 Nov 2009 13:03:55 -0800 (PST), Will
Dockery <will.d...@gmail.com> wrote:

> China has
three billion residents who think Will Dockery writes unspeakable
shit.

George Dance

Nov 20, 2009, 7:08:39 PM11/20/09
On Nov 20, 5:16 pm, Peter J Ross <p...@example.invalid> wrote:
> In rec.arts.poems on Wed, 18 Nov 2009 13:03:55 -0800 (PST), Will
>
> Dockery <will.dock...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > China has
>
> three billion residents

So China's another subject you know nothing about, PJ. You're a
veritable Renaissance ignoramus, aren't you?

Will Dockery

Nov 20, 2009, 8:36:05 PM11/20/09
On Nov 20, 5:16 pm, Peter J Ross <p...@example.invalid> wrote:

> writes unspeakable shit.
>
> --
> PJR :-)

Given your example below, PJR, as DMH would write...

> Cerberus never sleeps
>
>    /subridet Cerberus/
>
> between his teeth are heroes' sinews
> and in his midden whole fingers
>
>    /irridet Cerberus/
>
> I recognise a

<snipped PJR junk-poem>

"We know." -Dennis M. Hammes, Litt. D.

the messenjah

Nov 21, 2009, 11:21:08 AM11/21/09
On Nov 18, 4:03 pm, Will Dockery <will.dock...@gmail.com> wrote:
> China has a seperate MySpace going (interesting article on Wikipedia,
> btw) and the Chinese are pretty picky about what info goes in or out
> of the country. I found a way to invite & meet Chines folks, though.
> You go directly to the individual page and "add friend" there... I've
> befriended maybe a dozen folks there, so far (one excellent folk
> rocker, who I blogged on!). Go to the very back of my friends list
> (the last page) and you can catch a few there, nice folks. Now, about
> commenting on their pages, again, you have to actually go to their
> page and post the comment from there! And don't attach anything, I
> found out, just a simple "Pleased to meet you, hope you guess my name,
> oh yeah." kind of thing...
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_censorship_in_the_People's_Repu...

> Another curious detail I would like to know more about, is that when I
> post on Chinese MySpace, my profile photo from six months ago appears
> there! Strange days indeed, most peculiar...

I like the Lennon reference... I'd love to go to China... Meat City...

http://www.myspace.com/chucklysaght

Will Dockery

Nov 21, 2009, 12:20:01 PM11/21/09
On Nov 21, 11:21 am, the messenjah <theguyontheb...@veryfast.biz>
wrote:

> On Nov 18, 4:03 pm, Will Dockery wrote:
>
> > China has a seperate MySpace going (interesting article on Wikipedia,
> > btw) and the Chinese are pretty picky about what info goes in or out
> > of the country. I found a way to invite & meet Chines folks, though.
> > You go directly to the individual page and "add friend" there... I've
> > befriended maybe a dozen folks there, so far (one excellent folk
> > rocker, who I blogged on!). Go to the very back of my friends list
> > (the last page) and you can catch a few there, nice folks. Now, about
> > commenting on their pages, again, you have to actually go to their
> > page and post the comment from there! And don't attach anything, I
> > found out, just a simple "Pleased to meet you, hope you guess my name,
> > oh yeah." kind of thing...
>
> >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_censorship_in_the_People's_Repu...
>
> > Another curious detail I would like to know more about, is that when I
> > post on Chinese MySpace, my profile photo from six months ago appears
> > there! Strange days indeed, most peculiar...
>
> I like the Lennon reference... I'd love to go to China... Meat City...

I'd like a complete tour of Asia, and the folks there sure seem to dig
my sound... hey, check out the Truck Stop Woman video, put together
for my audience in Sweden by Michael Lindberg:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvtQEf7bnfs

Orson Wells as CitizenCain

Nov 22, 2009, 2:14:18 AM11/22/09

"the messenjah" <theguyo...@veryfast.biz> wrote in message

> Strange, most peculiar...
http://www.myspace.com/chucklysaght

[ insert Chuck spam here ]

Will Dockery

Nov 22, 2009, 9:16:13 PM11/22/09
George Dance <georgedanc...@yahoo.ca> wrote:
>Peter J Ross <p...@example.invalid> wrote:
>
> > > China has
>
> > three billion residents
>
> So China's another subject you know nothing about, PJ. You're a
> veritable Renaissance ignoramus, aren't you?> --

Poor PJR... his "persecution campaign" seems to have bounced back at
him... Karma Bombs, y'know.

--
"Truck Stop Woman" by Will Dockery (the video):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvtQEf7bnfs

K. A. Cannon

Nov 23, 2009, 1:28:32 PM11/23/09
the messenjah <theguyo...@veryfast.biz> posted
<1f17f5e6-1473-480e...@z7g2000vbl.googlegroups.com> in
rec.arts.poems on Sat, 21 Nov 2009 08:21:08 -0800 (PST):

>I like the Lennon reference... I'd love to go to China... Meat City...

That pretty much sums up Chuckles.
Sees China as a place to get sex.

Not the culture, not the history, not the music, not the scenery...
None of that....

You are such a scurrilous cretin Lysaght.

--
K. A. Cannon
kevin.a.cannon at gmail dot com

Don't worry about the world coming to an end today.
It's already tomorrow in Australia.
-Charles Schultz

COOSN-266-06-02374
Hammer of Thor, April 2005
PIERRE SALINGER MEMORIAL HOOK, LINE & SINKER June 2007
Barbara Woodhouse Memorial Dog Whistle X 2
#9 People ruining UseNet lits.
#6 Top Assholes on the Net lits.
#5 Most hated Usenetizens of all time
#15 AUK psychos and felons lits
#5 Cog in the AUK Hate Machine

http://www.themonastery.org/dev/cert/ulc_certificate_view.swf?id=10010810040414

Message has been deleted

Will Dockery

Nov 23, 2009, 2:17:33 PM11/23/09
On Nov 23, 2:00 pm, Meat Plow <m...@petitmorte.net> wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Nov 2009 13:28:32 -0500, K. A. Cannon
> <kcan...@insurgent.orgy>wrote:
>
> >the messenjah <theguyontheb...@veryfast.biz> posted
> ><1f17f5e6-1473-480e-8a3e-065f51696...@z7g2000vbl.googlegroups.com> in

> >rec.arts.poems on Sat, 21 Nov 2009 08:21:08 -0800 (PST):
>
> >>I like the Lennon reference... I'd love to go to China... Meat City...
>
> >That pretty much sums up Chuckles.
> >Sees China as a place to get sex.
>
> >Not the culture, not the history, not the music, not the scenery...
> >None of that....
>
> >You are such a scurrilous cretin Lysaght.
>
> That's all women are to Kluck. Sex objects. He thinks that since there
> are like 2 billion Chinese women over there that they'll all be
> waiting for him with their legs spread wide.

With 2 billion women, a guy could stand to get lucky a time or two...
heh.

--
"Waking Up Now" by Will Dockery (the video):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8_Yp-dIPCY

G&tSP

Nov 23, 2009, 8:41:54 PM11/23/09

MP's population estimate is even worse than PJ's. There are less than
1-1/2 billion people in China, and considerably less than half (40%
maybe?) are women. Not good pickup prospects for a guy at all.

the messenjah

Nov 24, 2009, 9:25:07 AM11/24/09
On Nov 23, 1:28 pm, K. A. Cannon <kcan...@insurgent.orgy> wrote:
> the messenjah <theguyontheb...@veryfast.biz> posted
> <1f17f5e6-1473-480e-8a3e-065f51696...@z7g2000vbl.googlegroups.com> in

> rec.arts.poems on Sat, 21 Nov 2009 08:21:08 -0800 (PST):
>
> >I like the Lennon reference... I'd love to go to China... Meat City...
>
> That pretty much sums upChuckles.
> Sees China as a place to get sex.
>
> Not the culture, not the history, not the music, not the scenery...
> None of that....
>
> You are such a scurrilous cretin Lysaght.

please be obsessed with me... make fun of me... accuse me of heinous
acts i would never think of doing... make fun of my family... my
job... my life... because you know, it's all about me... but you know
what they say... and they do say it... if you are obsessed with
someone's life, chances are you have no life of your own... but don't
let that stop ya... have at it...

http://www.myspace.com/chucklysaght

> --
> K. A. Cannon
> kevin.a.cannon at gmail dot com
>
> Don't worry about the world coming to an end today.
> It's already tomorrow in Australia.
> -Charles Schultz
>
> COOSN-266-06-02374
> Hammer of Thor, April 2005
> PIERRE SALINGER MEMORIAL HOOK, LINE & SINKER June 2007
> Barbara Woodhouse Memorial Dog Whistle X 2
> #9 People ruining UseNet lits.
> #6 Top Assholes on the Net lits.
> #5 Most hated Usenetizens of all time
> #15 AUK psychos and felons lits
> #5 Cog in the AUK Hate Machine
>

> http://www.themonastery.org/dev/cert/ulc_certificate_view.swf?id=1001...

the messenjah

Nov 24, 2009, 9:25:33 AM11/24/09
On Nov 23, 2:00 pm, Meat Plow <m...@petitmorte.net> wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Nov 2009 13:28:32 -0500, K. A. Cannon

> <kcan...@insurgent.orgy>wrote:
>
> >the messenjah <theguyontheb...@veryfast.biz> posted
> ><1f17f5e6-1473-480e-8a3e-065f51696...@z7g2000vbl.googlegroups.com> in

> >rec.arts.poems on Sat, 21 Nov 2009 08:21:08 -0800 (PST):
>
> >>I like the Lennon reference... I'd love to go to China... Meat City...
>
> >That pretty much sums upChuckles.
> >Sees China as a place to get sex.
>
> >Not the culture, not the history, not the music, not the scenery...
> >None of that....
>
> >You are such a scurrilous cretin Lysaght.
>
> That's all women are to Kluck. Sex objects. He thinks that since there
> are like 2 billion Chinese women over there that they'll all be
> waiting for him with their legs spread wide.

please be obsessed with me... make fun of me... accuse me of heinous

the messenjah

Nov 24, 2009, 9:26:34 AM11/24/09

You would think so... ; )

http://www.myspace.com/chucklysaght

> --
> "Waking Up Now" by Will Dockery (the video):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8_Yp-dIPCY- Hide quoted text -

Orson Wells as CitizenCain

Nov 24, 2009, 1:00:13 PM11/24/09

>such a scurrilous cretin
>it's all about me
>have no life

Will Dockery

Nov 24, 2009, 3:00:52 PM11/24/09
On Nov 23, 8:41 pm, "G&tSP" <gand...@yahoo.ca> wrote:

> There are less than
> 1-1/2 billion people in China, and considerably less than half (40%
> maybe?) are women. Not good pickup prospects for a guy at all.

Pretty long distance, besides.

--
"Truck Stop Woman" by Will Dockery & Henry Conley (the video)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvtQEf7bnfs

Cujo DeSockpuppet

Nov 24, 2009, 4:45:26 PM11/24/09

> On Nov 23, 2:17�pm, Will Dockery <will.dock...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Nov 23, 2:00�pm, Meat Plow <m...@petitmorte.net> wrote:

> .

>> > That's all women are to Kluck. Sex objects. He thinks that since
>> > there are like 2 billion Chinese women over there that they'll all
>> > be waiting for him with their legs spread wide.
>>
>> With 2 billion women, a guy could stand to get lucky a time or two...
>> heh.
>
> You would think so... ; )
>
> http://www.myspace.com/chucklysaght

Too bad Kluckles can't think.

"But that's how it's going to be until until we get some admins killing
trolls. Yes, it's boring. Yes, it's stupid. And yes, I will persist
until the admins act effectively." - Fucknozzle Jr.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Will Dockery

Nov 29, 2009, 2:06:46 PM11/29/09
Meat Plow <m...@petitmorte.net> wrote:
>>the messenjah <theguyontheb...@veryfast.biz> posted:

>>>I like the Lennon reference... I'd love to go to China... Meat City...
>
>>That pretty much sums upChuckles.
>>Sees China as a place to get sex.
>
>Not the culture, not the history, not the music, not the
>scenery... None of that....

Well, one must focus on all aspects of the culture of the land.

--
"Waking Up Now" by Dockery, Conley, Madaris & Woolfolk:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8_Yp-dIPCY

the messenjah

Nov 30, 2009, 9:24:44 AM11/30/09
On Nov 25, 2:30 am, Fred Hall <fkh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 24 Nov 2009 06:25:07 -0800 (PST), the messenjah
>
> <theguyontheb...@veryfast.biz> wrote:
> >Kevin Cannon has made a fool of me.  I threatened to kill him, I harassed him at his place of business, but it was all for nought.  He humiliated me by pointing out my pathetic  helplessness and ineptitude
>
> Sucks to be you, eh?

please be obsessed with me... make fun of me... accuse me of heinous
acts i would never think of doing... make fun of my family... my
job... my life... because you know, it's all about me... but you know
what they say... and they do say it... if you are obsessed with
someone's life, chances are you have no life of your own... but don't
let that stop ya... have at it...

http://www.myspace.com/chucklysaght

> >http://i_am_Kevin's_slave/lysaght_teh_kiddie_diddler- Hide quoted text -

Message has been deleted

Will Dockery

Nov 30, 2009, 3:00:39 PM11/30/09
"G&tSP" <gand...@yahoo.ca> wrote:

> There are less than
> 1-1/2 billion people in China, and considerably less than half (40%
> maybe?) are women.

I've met some interesting people so far through MySpaceChina: folk
singers, poets, artists... and even a few sexy women. Over one billion
potential audience members is plenty for me to work with, for now.

Peter J Ross

Dec 2, 2009, 2:31:43 PM12/2/09
Apologies for the very late replies, but I'm back now.

In rec.arts.poems on Sat, 14 Nov 2009 04:07:35 -0800 (PST), Rik
<rik....@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Nov 14, 3:11 am, Peter J Ross <p...@patchword.com> wrote:
>> Black Dog

<snippo>

>> I recognise a perfume, was it yours?
>> I asked Ed what he fought for
>> and he said literally this earth

<snippo>

> It's an intriguing read, Peter, but it's not toddling into my loving
> arms yet.
>
> Cerebus: smiles; mocks; sneezes. The poem works better after I looked
> up the translations.
>
> 'Ed' annoys me - I want a context for him and my scant graecoroman
> myth knowledge base isn't giving me one. War veteran (given the
> November posting)? Which would make sense of the 'heroes' and 'fought'
> references.

Ed is a kind of version of somebody a bit like Edward Thomas.

| When asked why he enlisted, Thomas picked up a pinch of earth and
| said: "literally for this".

<http://www.skyminds.net/english-literature/war-poet-edward-thomas/>

But "war veteran" is certainly close enough to what I had in mind, and
the fact that ET didn't get a chance to be a veteran doesn't seem
relevant here.

> 'perfume' - a disjoint too far? The word is too gender-specific (in my
> vocab) to sit easy in my reading of the piece.

The narrator is telling a listener (probably female) what Ed (probably
male) said to the narrator (probably male too).

> 'Black Dog' doesn't take me in the direction of Cerebus; rather I'm
> thinking of Black Shuck - how much damage is done to the idea behind
> the poem if one replaces the other?

The idea of depression imaged as a black dog would be lost entirely.
But the idea of depression is already not getting through, since
nobody who's commented has seen "black dog" the way Winston Churchill
saw it.

> The last two strophes would need
> rewriting, but then I'm not loving that closing strophe so I wouldn't
> cry ...

Yes, the end is crap, isn't it?

> HTH etc.

It helps. Thanks.

Will Dockery

Dec 2, 2009, 2:43:21 PM12/2/09
the messenjah <theguyontheb...@veryfast.biz> wrote:

> please be obsessed with me...

Your biggest fan/slurper, PJR, is back online today, so no doubt the
obsession will continue full-tilt momentarily, Chuck.

--
"Writing is creative lying." -Harlan Ellison said that.

"When cheating is for losers, and playing straight's for fools... you
never know which way to go." -I said that.

From "Black Crow's Brother" by Will Dockery & Gini Woolfolk, now
playing on MySpace & YouTube:

Audio:
http://www.myspace.com/willdockery

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxO1RAYTIFA

Peter J Ross

Dec 2, 2009, 2:56:42 PM12/2/09
I'm late, but here I am at last.

In rec.arts.poems on Mon, 16 Nov 2009 13:17:39 -0800 (PST), Cythera
<cyt...@my-deja.com> wrote:

> On Nov 13, 7:11 pm, Peter J Ross <p...@patchword.com> wrote:
>> Black Dog

>> ---------
>>
> Whoa, what a title. Right away I hear Jimmy Page's guitar: dada dada
> DAda, etc. Love it; I'm on the hook and stay there because I see
> "Cerberus" below: I can see that black dog; I can see that freakish
> boat moving inexorably toward me.

Unfortunately, that was not what I meant at all. That was not it at
all.

>> Cerberus never sleeps
>>
>>    /subridet Cerberus/
>>

> Since I have little Greek and less Latin, I paused or stumbled here.

I don't mind if the reader pauses and stumbles.

>> between his teeth are heroes' sinews
>>

> I like the suggestion from elsewhere: "among." I imagine broken and
> missing teeth.

I don't. The black dog's teeth are complete and sharp.

> "Sinews" made me cringe.

In a good way?

I'm vague about exactly what a sinew is, and too squeamish to look it
up, but it's conventionally an image of strength, isn't it?

>> and in his midden whole fingers
>>

> I suspend disbelief: I'm buying "midden." It's good. And I think he
> would have a midden, for bones.
>>
>>    /irridet Cerberus/

>> I recognise a perfume, was it yours?
>>

> As a perfume lover (addict), I'm loving this.

It's too Eliotic. "Is it perfume from a dress...?"

>> I asked Ed what he fought for
>> and he said literally this earth
>>

> I want to know who Ed was. Also, I'm thinking, when did the speaker
> ask him this? Aside from these niggles, it's excellent.

Ed is probably *not* Edward Thomas, but the conversation Ed has with
the narrator resembles a conversation Edward Thomas had with a puzzled
friend.

>>    /sternuit Cerberus/
>>
> Thanks to Rik, I know what the Latin means. "Mocks" is good; "smiles"
> seems bland; "sneezes" does too, and it's almost comical. Verbs that
> are suggestive of what a terrified onlooker observes might be good:
> Cerberus reeks, etc.

Hmmm. It's *meant* to be comical. Dogs do sneeze, and they look funny
when they do it.

To put it another way, the problem here is with what I intended,
rather than with how I carried out my plan.

>> the silent, steady skim
>> of his master's iron oars
>>
> "Iron oars" corresponds to "black" and the preceding line to the main
> riff in the song: that skim is rhythmic, relentess: a driving force,
> an absolute. Bravo on "skim" as a n. and v. The line itself is
> excellent.
> I suspend disbelief and see no rust.
>>
>> holds Cerberus a-wait
>>
> Why not "await"?

Because I failed to find an adequate way of combining "a wait" and
"await" without resorting to the kind of typographical trick that
annoys anybody who's trying to read it aloud.

Easy revision:

holds Cerberus a wait

>> it won't be long to wait
>>
> Maybe lose this "to wait."

Yep.

>> not too long to wait
>
> My favorite by you.

Cor! Really? It seems rather feeble to me.

Thanks for commenting.

Peter J Ross

Dec 2, 2009, 3:18:49 PM12/2/09
In rec.arts.poems on Mon, 16 Nov 2009 18:45:20 +0100, Gwyneth
<gwy...@patchword.com> wrote:

> Peter J Ross wrote:
>
> Hi Peter,
>
> I've read the other comments (etc.) so this
> reply is made in that context.
>
>> Black Dog
>> ---------
> I have no problem connecting the Black Dog
> with Cerberus. But I'm not sure what the title
> actually adds to anything.

The title was meant to elucidate, but evidently it didn't.

>> Cerberus never sleeps
>>
>> /subridet Cerberus/
>>

> (I didn't know there was a subreddit specifically
> for Cerberus. And, sadly, having read it that way,
> it's very difficult to un-read it.)

You and your tecnological toys! A forked stick and a courgette on a
string were good enough playthings for my generation.

> Apart from that, these two lines make me want to
> read more.

You ought to report them to the Advertising Standards Authority.

>> between his teeth are heroes' sinews

>> and in his midden whole fingers

> The first of these two lines is not a problem, though
> it is slightly flat.
> But I don't think of dogs having middens. And, even
> if they do, I don't think of them burying finger bones
> in them. Even "whole fingers" are pretty small and I'd
> expect them to be eaten immediately, not left for later.
> Nor do I associate middens with the classics.
> The sound similarity of midden and middle is a stupid
> distraction that I can't avoid.

I associate dogs and middens because the dog Argos was lying on a
midden when he was briefly reunited with his master Odysseus.

>> /irridet Cerberus/
>>
> I had to look this up.

So did I. :-) :-)

> (You'd like my Latin dictionary - it's actually Latin-
> Spanish and sometimes seems to have a strong element of
> redundancy. There is no obvious cognate here, though.)

And English has the useful word "irrisible", but not "subrisible".

>> I recognise a perfume, was it yours?
>

> Not sure about the tense change.
> Not sure, either, that this links well enough to the
> next lines to be part of the same stanza.

>> I asked Ed what he fought for
>> and he said literally this earth
>

> Maybe the lack of punctuation helps leave the purpose
> of "literally" ambiguous.

Yes, it's meant to be ambiguous, but not very.

> I don't know who Ed is. And that seems to be important.

Rik deduced that Ed was a war veteran, and that's close enough.

>> /sternuit Cerberus/
> This had to be sneezes (since starling isn't a verb!).

>> the silent, steady skim
>> of his master's iron oars

>> holds Cerberus a-wait
>
> Hmm. Too much unhelpful double meaning in here.
> I'm bothered by iron oars - wouldn't they rust?

I expect Charon polishes them every day.

> And "iron ore" seems to be no more than a distraction,
> as does the wait/weight echo.

Yes, I think you're right.

> Whether or not you pronounce Cerberus with a soft "c",
> there are an awful lot of sibilants here.

Yes, too many.

If I decide this is worth revising, I'll probably spell the name
Kerberos.

>> it won't be long to wait

>> not too long to wait
>

> I keep looking at the ending and re-reading it and
> trying to make up my mind to dislike it, but I can't
> decide.

Me too. Cythera's suggestion of removing the first "to wait" may be an
improvement.

> I'm definitely ambivalent about this piece. It's not
> one of your best. At least not yet. I'll be interested
> to see where it goes if you re-write it.

I don't know if it's worth rewriting.

Many thanks for commenting.

Will Dockery

Dec 2, 2009, 3:30:18 PM12/2/09
Peter J Ross <p...@example.invalid> wrote:
>Cythera wrote:
> >Peter J Ross <p...@patchword.com> wrote:
>
>> Black Dog
> >> ---------
>
> > Whoa, what a title. Right away I hear Jimmy Page's guitar: dada dada
> > DAda, etc. Love it; I'm on the hook and stay there because I see
> > "Cerberus" below: I can see that black dog; I can see that freakish
> > boat moving inexorably toward me.
>
> Unfortunately, that was not what I meant at all. That was not it at all.

Maybe if you give the poem a more original title you'll avoid that
problem next time?

--
"Writing is creative lying." -Harlan Ellison said that.
"When cheating is for losers, and playing straight's for fools... you
never know which way to go." -I said that.

From "Black Crow's Brother" by Will Dockery & Gini Woolfolk, now

playing on MySpace:
http://www.myspace.com/willdockery

Message has been deleted

Will Dockery

Dec 2, 2009, 3:55:56 PM12/2/09
On Nov 20, 3:09 pm, purple <pur...@tellurine.com> wrote:
> On 2009-11-20 13:34:32 -0600, Rob Cypher <bals...@aol.com> said:
>
> > No,
>
> I can't deal with this idiot, yeah I must admit that he's a punk ass bitch

Who is Benjamin Lowe?

Will Dockery

Dec 3, 2009, 11:27:08 AM12/3/09
On Dec 2, 5:31 pm, BLACKPOOLJIMMY <Blackpoolji...@aol.com> wrote:
> On Dec 2, 5:25 pm, Will Dockery wrote:
> > "mattpaulLukegeorgeJohndavidChris" <inoneearandoutyermot...@home.com>
> > wrote:
>
> > > i have a sneaking suspicion you're in love
> > > with will dockery...and you want the whole world to know
> > > just what that entails.
>
> > Well, I sure don't hate myself, Matt, that's for sure... but not sure
> > what you think that "entails". In fact, I'll need to check the
> > dictionary to get a better grasp of what you using a word like
> > "entails" entails.
>
> > > "when all else fails we will whip the horses eyes
> > > and watch them bleed
> > > and cry." -jim morrison
>
> > Your statement reminds me more of some later poets, the Sex Pistols:
>
> >http://www.sexpistolsofficial.com/index.php?module=features&features_...
>
> > ("No Feelings", fair-use excerpt):
>
> > I've seen you in the mirror when the story began
> > I fell in love with you
> > I love your mortal sin
> > Your brains are locked away
> > But I love your company
> > I only ever leave you
> > When you got no money
> > I got no emotions for anybody else
> > You better understand
> > I'm in love with myself
> > Myself
> > My beautiful self
> > No feeling
> > No feeling
> > No feelings
> > For anybody else
>
> > -Cook/Jones/Matlock/Rotten
> > Published by Warner Chappell Music Ltd
>
> > No Feelings:
>
> >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8Hwd-RvV2M
>
> > Good Lord, I haven't seen this one in about 30 years:
>
> >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmHhB9zV_rQ
>
> > But, nah... you're just hallucinating, or something, you're starting
> > to turn into Cythera, maybe?
>
> > --
> > "Black Crow's Brother & other stories" by Will Dockery:http://www.myspace.com/willdockery
>
> Love thyself...it beats the alternative.

Exactly... "and if memories are all I sing, Irather drive a truck."

Hell, I like driving trucks, anyhow...

--
"Black Crow's Brother & other stories" by Will Dockery:
http://www.myspace.com/willdockery

Flint

Dec 4, 2009, 3:10:24 PM12/4/09
On 12/2/2009 3:55 PM, Will Dockery wrote:

> Who is Benjamin Lowe?

His actual name is "Ben Dover Lowe", btw.

Flint

Message has been deleted

Will Dockery

Dec 11, 2009, 5:24:01 PM12/11/09

Never heard of him...

--
New poetry & music recordings by Will Dockery
http://www.myspace.com/willdockery

Will Dockery

Dec 11, 2009, 6:07:53 PM12/11/09
Shakespeare Sonnet-a-Day

Sonnet #109

CIX.

O, never say that I was false of heart,
Though absence seem'd my flame to qualify.
As easy might I from myself depart
As from my soul, which in thy breast doth lie:
That is my home of love: if I have ranged,
Like him that travels I return again,
Just to the time, not with the time exchanged,
So that myself bring water for my stain.
Never believe, though in my nature reign'd
All frailties that besiege all kinds of blood,
That it could so preposterously be stain'd,
To leave for nothing all thy sum of good;
For nothing this wide universe I call,
Save thou, my rose; in it thou art my all.

-Wm. Shakespeare

Shakespeare Sonnet-a-Day

--
"Red Lipped Stranger & other stories" by Will Dockery:
http://www.myspace.com/willdockery

Message has been deleted

Will Dockery

Dec 12, 2009, 12:50:00 AM12/12/09
Peter J Ross <p...@example.invalid> wrote:

> Because I failed

"We know." -Dennis M. Hammes, Litt. D.

Will Dockery

Dec 12, 2009, 2:51:47 AM12/12/09
Luminous Woman / Brian Mallard & Renegade:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2z4tgZUZZyo

"...This is the second time this song has been played live, ever. We
practiced and the guys got it. You can hear me directing at certain points,
but I think it came out nice. Brian Mallard, Travis Mackey, John Phillips
and Tony Skahan..." -Brian Mallard

Will Dockery

Dec 13, 2009, 2:13:37 PM12/13/09
On Nov 23, 8:41 pm, "G&tSP" <gand...@yahoo.ca> wrote:

> MP's population estimate is even worse than PJ's. There are less than

> 1-1/2 billion people in China, and considerably less than half (40%
> maybe?) are women. Not good pickup prospects for a guy at all.

Pretty good prospective /audience/, though.

On Dec 13, 11:24 am, rays...@webtv.net (Raymond Speer) wrote:
> This mystery, such as it is, comes from the initial meeting of Norman
> Osbourne's cabal, in which Norm stands next to an open door that leads
> from a basement hall into a cheap basement conference room.
>
> Somebody or something is in that doorway and Norm says that his cabal
> does things his way or else . . . .
>
> Okay, Doom and Loki are present, and they are each immensely powerful
> and exceedingly arrogant, but they say not a word. That indicates they
> recognize the "hidden guest star" and are intimidated by him.
>
> Whaddefook? It cannot be Marvelman, a celebrity from an alternative
> Earth who has never been shown to have a counterpart on Earth 616.

Yes, not that I know very much (or anything, really) about all the
Earths Marvel has concocted over the last few years, but the actual
first appearances of Marvelman (and interestingly, the first place he
was known as Miracleman I know of) in Marvel Comics (UK) had him
quickly killed off, on Earth "238":

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/miracl.htm

"...in 1983 Moore introduced Earth 238, meant to contain counterparts
of British superheroes of the 1950s & 1960s...Marvelman was renamed
Miracleman... [two years before]... Miracleman #1, August 1985..."

[...]

"I have presumed that Miracleman's adventures on Earth 238 mirrored
those of Marvelman in his 1950s & 1960s comic books. Thus, in contrast
to what Moore wrote about Marvelman stories of the 1980s, for the
Miracleman of Earth 238 these adventures actually did take place, and
were not illusions..."

[...]

"...in Secret Defenders #18, Doctor Druid, Anthony Ludgate of Earth
616, revealed that he had used the alias "Guntag Barhelm", who gave
Marvelman his powers. Thus, it can be assumed that Doctor Druid is the
Earth 616 counterpart of Guntag Barthelm, creator of Marvelman..."

Not that this really has anything to do with this Osborne silliness,
but is some fun reading for a Miracleman fan, and certainly could be
some excellent routes for Marvel to take, now that they own the
"golden age" Marvelman stories outright, or so it seems.

> If it had been Marvelman, the scene would have been as follows:
>
> (Loki.) Who art that?
>
> (Doom.) From my extensive inquiries of other dimensions, I believe
> that may be the Plutonian from Earth 1313, an omnipotent super who has
> become a psychopathic mass-murderer on his home reality.
>
> (Osborne.) You're wrong, Dr. Know it All.
>
> (Doom.) Marvel Boy with a haircut? Hank Pym with bleached hair? . . .
> Ah-hah, Flash Thompson!
>
> OSBORNE SNICKERS. NAMOR TRIES TO COOL DOOM DOWN.
>
> (Namor.) Osborne, your little charade is silly and contemptous. Don't
> you know how stupid and pathetic you are to try to play such trivia.
>
> (Namor, to Doom, sotto voice.) Victor, your revved up energy gauntlets
> give me a headache.
>
> DOOM GLARES MALEVOLENTLY.
>
> (Emma Frost.) He sorta resembles Paste Pot Pete, the Trapster. Not that
> I ever spent much time with members of the Frightful Four.
>
> ----- The best suggestion made when I previously asked the question was
> that the Mighty Mystery Man of Might was Stan Lee himself.
>
> But being that this was a Bendis presentation, maybe Mr.
> Super-Duper-Mystery is nothing but that lariat using cowboy who hung out
> in early SPIDER-MANs with a tough partner named Ox and a moustached guy
> with a cheap suit.

Sounds a bit like the gay Rawhide Kid...

Will Dockery

Dec 13, 2009, 8:47:08 PM12/13/09
Round two just began at Del Ranch: Sandy Madaris, Geno Woolfolk, Rick
Edwards, Henry Conley & Doug Conley onstage now. Cat is next up...
come out, going strong until at least midnight... save the Ta-Tas!

Sandy Madaris:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LetBCcfrb8

Will Dockery

Dec 29, 2009, 12:51:22 PM12/29/09
Tarzan in Vista Reef (a short story by Will Dockery)

Dan, I didn't ask your permission yesterday (so I am now!), but I have
a concept for a Tarzan story (which I'm hoping Parnello's Pizza will
sponsor in 2010, like an online advertisement, since my Tarzan is
their mascot) that basically goes back to my infamous "novel" I was
writing when we first met, and is also populated with the characters
inspired by your Paradise (Nyads, Lizard men, lush life in general). I
see your Rainbow Dreamtown (Saint Augustine, etc.) as one of the 11
Realities of String Theory, all of which I intend to delve into over
the next 11 months, more or less & life permitting. You've been on the
walkabout of Shadowville from almost day-one, and your Reality (like
those of my Nine Muses, to name another pantheon of note) is an
essential part of "Will Dockery's Shadowville".

Excelsior, my friend - I remain, As Ever, Will Dockery. 12-29-09

--
"Tarzan in Vista Reef" (a short story by Will Dockery, art by Dan
Barfield, colors by Gary Frankfurth):

Message has been deleted

Will Dockery

Dec 29, 2009, 3:39:50 PM12/29/09
On Dec 29, 3:17 pm, Meat Plow <m...@petitmorte.net> wrote:
> On Tue, 29 Dec 2009 09:51:22 -0800 (PST), Will Dockery wrote:
>
> >Gnemna va Ivfgn Errs (n fubeg fgbel ol Jvyy Qbpxrel)
>
> >Qna, V qvqa'g nfx lbhe crezvffvba lrfgreqnl (fb V nz abj!), ohg V unir
> >n pbaprcg sbe n Gnemna fgbel (juvpu V'z ubcvat Cnearyyb'f Cvmmn jvyy
> >fcbafbe va 2010, yvxr na bayvar nqiregvfrzrag, fvapr zl Gnemna vf
> >gurve znfpbg) gung onfvpnyyl tbrf onpx gb zl vasnzbhf "abiry" V jnf
> >jevgvat jura jr svefg zrg, naq vf nyfb cbchyngrq jvgu gur punenpgref
> >vafcverq ol lbhe Cnenqvfr (Alnqf, Yvmneq zra, yhfu yvsr va trareny). V
> >frr lbhe Envaobj Qernzgbja (Fnvag Nhthfgvar, rgp.) nf bar bs gur 11
> >Ernyvgvrf bs Fgevat Gurbel, nyy bs juvpu V vagraq gb qryir vagb bire
> >gur arkg 11 zbaguf, zber be yrff & yvsr crezvggvat. Lbh'ir orra ba gur
> >jnyxnobhg bs Funqbjivyyr sebz nyzbfg qnl-bar, naq lbhe Ernyvgl (yvxr
> >gubfr bs zl Avar Zhfrf, gb anzr nabgure cnagurba bs abgr) vf na
> >rffragvny cneg bs "Jvyy Qbpxrel'f Funqbjivyyr".
>
> >Rkpryfvbe, zl sevraq - V erznva, Nf Rire, Jvyy Qbpxrel. 12-29-09
>
> Interesting.

Yeah, the Rott-13 function is somewhat interesting, in a way.

=z=

Dec 29, 2009, 4:06:17 PM12/29/09
> "Red Lipped Stranger & other stories" by Will Dockery:http://www.myspace.com/willdockery- Hide quoted text -

and let's all jump....http://artists.letssingit.com/steve-earle-lyrics-
to-live-is-to-fly-kw9lfpx
<>me<>

=z=

Dec 29, 2009, 4:11:21 PM12/29/09
> > "Red Lipped Stranger & other stories" by Will Dockery:http://www.myspace.com/willdockery-Hide quoted text -

> and let's all jump....http://artists.letssingit.com/steve-earle-lyrics-
> to-live-is-to-fly-kw9lfpx
> <>me<>- Hide quoted text -

dammit~
http://artists.letssingit.com/steve-earle-lyrics-to-live-is-to-fly-kw9lfpx

Mad as a Box of Frogs

Dec 30, 2009, 1:41:31 AM12/30/09
In article <3dadm8....@news.alt.net>,

Meat Plow <me...@petitmorte.net> wrote:
>On Tue, 29 Dec 2009 09:51:22 -0800 (PST), Will Dockery
><will.d...@gmail.com>wrote:

>>Tarzan in Vista Reef (a short story by Will Dockery)
>>
>>Dan, I didn't ask your permission yesterday (so I am now!), but I have
>>a concept for a Tarzan story (which I'm hoping Parnello's Pizza will
>>sponsor in 2010, like an online advertisement, since my Tarzan is
>>their mascot) that basically goes back to my infamous "novel" I was
>>writing when we first met, and is also populated with the characters
>>inspired by your Paradise (Nyads, Lizard men, lush life in general). I
>>see your Rainbow Dreamtown (Saint Augustine, etc.) as one of the 11
>>Realities of String Theory, all of which I intend to delve into over
>>the next 11 months, more or less & life permitting. You've been on the
>>walkabout of Shadowville from almost day-one, and your Reality (like
>>those of my Nine Muses, to name another pantheon of note) is an
>>essential part of "Will Dockery's Shadowville".

>Interesting.

Meat Plow
It would be interesting if you answered the question everyone is asking.

--
Master of Puppets Direct line and fax: 206-339-7561
DENSA Life Achievement � Am I the only one with half a brain?

=z=

Dec 30, 2009, 5:28:10 AM12/30/09
On Dec 30, 1:41 am, under...@news.vrx.net (Mad as a Box of Frogs)
wrote:
> In article <3dadm8.nms.1...@news.alt.net>,

> Meat Plow  <m...@petitmorte.net> wrote:
>

> >On Tue, 29 Dec 2009 09:51:22 -0800 (PST), Will Dockery
> ><will.dock...@gmail.com>wrote:

> >>Tarzan in Vista Reef (a short story by Will Dockery)
>
> >>Dan, I didn't ask your permission yesterday (so I am now!), but I have
> >>a concept for a Tarzan story (which I'm hoping Parnello's Pizza will
> >>sponsor in 2010, like an online advertisement, since my Tarzan is
> >>their mascot) that basically goes back to my infamous "novel" I was
> >>writing when we first met, and is also populated with the characters
> >>inspired by your Paradise (Nyads, Lizard men, lush life in general). I
> >>see your Rainbow Dreamtown (Saint Augustine, etc.) as one of the 11
> >>Realities of String Theory, all of which I intend to delve into over
> >>the next 11 months, more or less & life permitting. You've been on the
> >>walkabout of Shadowville from almost day-one, and your Reality (like
> >>those of my Nine Muses, to name another pantheon of note) is an
> >>essential part of "Will Dockery's Shadowville".
>
> >Interesting.
>
> Meat Plow
> It would be interesting if you answered the question everyone is asking.
>
> --
> Master of Puppets                 Direct line and fax:   206-339-7561
> DENSA Life Achievement ø          Am I the only one with half a brain?- Hide quoted text -

what would be more interesting is if you learned how to shut the fuck
up....fuckwad.....how 'bout that?

Mad as a Box of Frogs

Dec 30, 2009, 5:46:11 AM12/30/09
In article <998e2957-c73c-459a...@26g2000yqo.googlegroups.com>,

=z= <shul...@gmail.com> wrote:
>On Dec 30, 1:41�am, under...@news.vrx.net (Mad as a Box of Frogs)
>wrote:
>> In article <3dadm8.nms.1...@news.alt.net>,
>> Meat Plow �<m...@petitmorte.net> wrote:

>> >Interesting.
>>
>> Meat Plow
>> It would be interesting if you answered the question everyone is asking.
>>

>what would be more interesting is if you learned how to shut the fuck
>up....fuckwad.....how 'bout that?

/<waggles massive weenie at =z=>

""how 'bout that"" - shitstain?

--
Master of Puppets Direct line and fax: 206-339-7561

DENSA Life Achievement � Am I the only one with half a brain?

Message has been deleted

Will Dockery

Dec 30, 2009, 10:40:10 AM12/30/09

Well, to his credit, Meat Plow does know when to s.t.f.u. sometimes...

=z=

Dec 30, 2009, 12:12:49 PM12/30/09
> "Red Lipped Stranger & other stories" by Will Dockery:http://www.myspace.com/willdockery- Hide quoted text -

seems i've been rather naughty and opened up a box-a-frogs...and i am
sorry plow....what i meant to say was kiss my ass...so there.
=z=

Will Dockery

Dec 30, 2009, 1:21:48 PM12/30/09
On Dec 30, 12:12 pm, "=z=" <shull...@gmail.com> wrote:

http://www.myspace.com/willdockery

I want to see the new Disney film about the Frog Princess...

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

"The Great One"

Dec 30, 2009, 3:39:09 PM12/30/09

"Meat Plow" <me...@petitmorte.net> wrote in message news:3dcftj....@news.alt.net...
> On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 06:41:31 +0000 (UTC), unde...@news.vrx.net (Mad

> as a Box of Frogs)wrote:
>
> >Meat Plow
>
> Look, I have yet another Twinkie to suck on.

Get to sucking then and shutt-up, Fatty !!
--
Your Pal,
HJ

=z=

Dec 30, 2009, 3:42:05 PM12/30/09
On Dec 30, 2:18 pm, Meat Plow <m...@petitmorte.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 09:12:49 -0800 (PST), "=z="
> <shull...@gmail.com>wrote:

> >> Well, to his credit, Meat Plow does know when to s.t.f.u. sometimes...
>
> >> --
> >> "Red Lipped Stranger & other stories" by Will Dockery:http://www.myspace.com/willdockery-Hide quoted text -

> >seems i've been rather naughty and opened up a box-a-frogs...and i am
> >sorry plow....what i meant to say was kiss my ass...so there.
> >=z=
>
> Not a problem. Leave it to Usenet's most lovable tackle-dummy Will
> Dockery to interpret you reply in light of his obsession.- Hide quoted text -

c'mon meater...you are making me laugh fucker...dammit man,....

Will Dockery

Dec 31, 2009, 12:39:30 PM12/31/09
On Dec 30, 3:42 pm, "=z=" <shull...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Dec 30, 2:18 pm, Meat Plow <m...@petitmorte.net> wrote:
> > On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 09:12:49 -0800 (PST), "=z="
> > <shull...@gmail.com>wrote:

> > >seems i've been rather naughty and opened up a box-a-frogs...and i am
> > >sorry plow....what i meant to say was kiss my ass...so there.
> > >=z=
>
> > Not a problem. Leave it to Usenet's

<Meat Plow's clown-gibberish snipped>

> c'mon meater...you are making me laugh fucker...dammit man,....

MP's amusing that way...

--
Psychedelic Sorrow (by Dockery, Conley & Woolfolk)
Will Dockery vocals; Henry Conley on guitar; Gene Woolfolk, Jr. on