alt.arts.poetry.comments - 3 new messages in 3 topics - digest

alt.arts.poetry.comments group

Nov 23, 2009, 3:21:15 AM11/23/09
to alt.arts.poetry.comments digest subscribers

alt.arts.poetry.comments
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.arts.poetry.comments?hl=en

alt.arts.poe...@googlegroups.com

Today's topics:

* LUNCH - 1 messages, 1 author
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.arts.poetry.comments/t/fec55548ff613a41?hl=en
* Suicide Prevention Poem... - 1 messages, 1 author
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.arts.poetry.comments/t/231bbcd43497ddc2?hl=en
* Karla / Sonnet - 1 messages, 1 author
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.arts.poetry.comments/t/7d50a4cc0cbe591d?hl=en

TOPIC: LUNCH
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.arts.poetry.comments/t/fec55548ff613a41?hl=en

== 1 of 1 ==
Date: Sun, Nov 22 2009 6:23 pm
From: Will Dockery

On Nov 20, 8:05 pm, "=z=" <shull...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 20, 7:36 pm, BLACKPOOLJIMMY <Chippandf...@aol.com> wrote:
>
> > LUNCH
>
> > New York
> > beefsteak rye
> > blankets
> > thin sliced
> > Boar’s Head
> > bologna
> > with an Andy Boy
> > lettuce bed
> > Ba-Tampte seeded
> > deli mustard
> > and complimented
> > by a Heinz dill
> > quartered
> > cole slaw
> > Diet Coke quencher
> > and a watery eyed
> > burp.
> > Ah, survival!
>
> Sounds like an afternoon at the Rye Ridge Deli...yum...thanx, now I
> have to go make a sandwich...!   8 (

Same here! Since I'm headed to Del Ranch right now for some
performance with my music pals there, I'm in luck, since DR also
serves one of the best steak & baked potato dinners in the area.

--
"Truck Stop Woman" by Will Dockery (the video):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvtQEf7bnfs

TOPIC: Suicide Prevention Poem...

Date: Sun, Nov 22 2009 6:47 pm
From: Automutt

Suicide Prevention Poem...

Death Defying

You've murder on the mind, I'd say
if you decide to end this day
your life, your breath, your very being
knowing that to end; not seeing
that God did say “Thou Shalt Not Kill”
to kill yourself is murder still.

"I'll cry tonight"

He felt her hardened hand, and knew that it was hers no more.
Looked beyond those half-dead eyes, faded shadows all he saw.
His mind ablaze with questions, feelings fighting for the right;
To escape a world of pain, unseen forces them to fight.

Picture books of memories, pages pounding in his head.
His stomach hadn't realised that she was even dead.
Now thoughts of how, tomorrows will affect his yesterdays,
Fluid frightened feelings began to form and then to maze.

Looking now upon what remains, of someone he adored.
No way of saying his good-bye's, a pain that feels ignored.
By those that leave the trapped behind, free flying to their fate;
Without our life's thoughts of sadness, grief, pain or even hate.

"I'll cry tonight", he whispered as he walked out of the room.
He hates it when this world of his decides to use the broom.
Sore thoughts of how, tomorrows will affect his yesterdays,
Fluid fighting feelings began to form and then to maze.

http://automutt.deviantart.com/

TOPIC: Karla / Sonnet

Date: Sun, Nov 22 2009 8:33 pm
From: Karla

Sonnet

You look at me with eyes I can't perceive
Outside the pillowed fortress where we play,
They flicker ciphers meant to make me leave
Or wanton glints contrived to have me stay.
Like San Francisco buried in the mist,
Coit Tower winking just beyond our reach,
To parse a warning when another gist
Forecasts in driftwood scattered on the beach.
We feast in nights trans-shifting and explore
The hazy border that would know its end,
Whose ears to close against the dawning roar,
Where vows repent and acts soon reprehend.
So loosed the firefly afar from home:
It sparks because, but glimmer tricks, may roam.

Karla

To change the way you get mail from this group, visit:
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.arts.poetry.comments/subscribe?hl=en

To report abuse, send email explaining the problem to ab...@googlegroups.com

Google Groups: http://groups.google.com/?hl=en