LUNCH

BLACKPOOLJIMMY

Nov 20, 2009, 7:36:34 PM11/20/09
LUNCH

New York
beefsteak rye
blankets
thin sliced
Boar’s Head
bologna
with an Andy Boy
lettuce bed
Ba-Tampte seeded
deli mustard
and complimented
by a Heinz dill
quartered
cole slaw
Diet Coke quencher
and a watery eyed
burp.
Ah, survival!

=z=

Nov 20, 2009, 8:05:59 PM11/20/09

Sounds like an afternoon at the Rye Ridge Deli...yum...thanx, now I
have to go make a sandwich...! 8 (

BLACKPOOLJIMMY

Nov 20, 2009, 8:25:58 PM11/20/09
> have to go make a sandwich...!   8 (- Hide quoted text -

It's the simple things in life, =z=

George Dance

Nov 22, 2009, 12:27:49 PM11/22/09

Well, you know, that's something I can't do. i've been told that a
good poet can write about anything and make it poetry, and that's what
I think keeps me out of the league. I can't turn the mundane into
anything but mundane, and frankly I'm not inspired to try. (I
remember, when I started exploring writing sites on the web, one gave
as it's first lesson: "Write a poem about your sneakers" (I guess
you'd call those 'trainers' -- here in Canada we say 'runners' or
running shoes'). I tried, but all that accomplished was to frustrate
me, and I never did go to Lesson 2.

The downside of that, of course, is that i go through dry periods when
I don't write at all, because I can't find anything to write about. It
can be a problem, and I don't know exactly how to overcome it.

.

Will Dockery

Nov 22, 2009, 9:23:57 PM11/22/09
On Nov 20, 8:05 pm, "=z=" <shull...@gmail.com> wrote:

Same here! Since I'm headed to Del Ranch right now for some
performance with my music pals there, I'm in luck, since DR also
serves one of the best steak & baked potato dinners in the area.

--
"Truck Stop Woman" by Will Dockery (the video):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvtQEf7bnfs

BLACKPOOLJIMMY

Nov 23, 2009, 12:41:35 PM11/23/09

...but mundane is poetry. There are thosands of words for the lowly
dandelion.

"Write a poem about your sneakers" (I guess
> you'd call those 'trainers' -- here in Canada we say 'runners' or
> running shoes'). I tried, but all that accomplished was to frustrate
> me, and I never did go to Lesson 2.

"Look at all the little piggies, in their starched white sneaks"....
(sorry Beatles).

> The downside of that, of course, is that i go through dry periods when
> I don't write at all, because I can't find anything to write about. It
> can be a problem, and I don't know exactly how to overcome it.

Well then you just write about the dry period. No?

Will Dockery

Nov 23, 2009, 12:54:10 PM11/23/09

"Yes, I'm lonely... wanna die." -John Lennon