really dumb question: how to access the menu

Wen

Nov 30, 2010, 12:01:51 PM11/30/10
to mobile-trail-explorer
Pardon me for asking a really dumb question, but I can't seem to
figure this out. I installed MTE 1.14 on a LG Rumor touch. When I
launch the app, I get past the splash screen, then to an empty screen
with a "Status: NOT CONNECTED (0)" message on top. The user guide says
to go to the menu to configure the gps, but I don't see which key to
press to get to the menu. The rumor touch is a touch screen phone with
a slide out qwerty keyboard. I tried all the keys, but couldn't bring
up the menu. Am I missing something? Thanks.

Wen

southisup

Dec 5, 2010, 11:46:19 PM12/5/10
to mobile-trail-explorer
For what it's worth, since no one else has any suggestions, on my
Nokia there's no clue what the menu button is either, but by trial &
error it's the normal, large main Menu / Select button, & also either
of the small programmable keys at the corners of the screen.

Otherwise, in Files:
http://groups.google.com/group/mobile-trail-explorer/files
is a touch version - the thread discussing it is here:
http://groups.google.com/group/mobile-trail-explorer/browse_thread/thread/632f2f8e99d1613a
Worth a try, but not the latest version, & some features missing.

Wen

Dec 6, 2010, 11:57:09 AM12/6/10
to mobile-trail-explorer
Thanks a lot. I'll try the touch version today, crossing my fingers.