[mcx-news] Announcing MCX and MCXLAB v0.5.0

Qianqian Fang

Mar 20, 2011, 7:30:18 PM3/20/11
to mcx-...@googlegroups.com, mmc-...@googlegroups.com
Dear colleagues and friends:

I am excited to let you know a new release of Monte Carlo eXtreme,
a GPU-based Monte Carlo simulator (http://mcx.sf.net), version 0.5.0
has just been uploaded. This new release is considered stable. Source
codes and binaries for various platforms are available for download.
For registered users, you can directly go our file-release-system
(FRS) page at

https://orbit.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/frs/?group_id=34

For other people who also want to get registered (and get notified
for future updates), please visit the Registration&Download page at

http://mcx.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/index.cgi?Download

The full Release Notes of MCX v0.5.0 can be found online at

http://mcx.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/index.cgi?Doc/ReleaseNotes/0.5.0

The most important feature in this release is the addition of MCXLAB.
MCXLAB is the native MEX version of MCX for MATLAB and it's free
clone GNU Octave. In MCXLAB, all the input and output files
are replaced by MATLAB/Octave in-memory arrays and structures,
thus making it significantly easy-to-use. To get a feel
what it is like, please click on the following links for a screenshot:

http://mcx.sourceforge.net/upload/matlab_mcxlab.png
and
http://mcx.sourceforge.net/upload/octave_mcxlab.png

A single MCXLAB package containing MEX-files of all supported
platforms can be found at the download site. More details regarding
installation and sample scripts can be found at

http://mcx.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/index.cgi?Doc/MCXLAB

Please send your feedback and questions to our online forum at

http://groups.google.com/group/mcx-users?hl=en

If you find any issues using this software, feel free to
email me (particularly if you plan to write papers regarding
these issues, it is important to make sure this is not due
to misuse of the software).

Enjoy!

Qianqian

(you received this email because you are a registered user
of MCX and MMC. if you are no longer interested in these
software, please unsubscribe from this read-only mailing list
at http://groups.google.com/group/mcx-news?hl=en
I apologize for the inconvenience)

dispose of the e-mail.