OER4NZ -- A free portal page for your school

Wayne

Aug 13, 2009, 6:46:02 AM8/13/09
to MLE Reference Group
Hi everyone,

New Zealand is planning to establish a national OER commons. A
repository of digital materials which teachers will be free to use,
remix and share without restriction. This is a project which will be
created by teachers for teachers. We invite your participation to co-
design and co-create this vision for education in Aotearoa.

Yesterday, I posted an offer to this list for every New Zealand school
to create their own portal page on WikiEducator for free -- We need
your help in refining this process and I invite the ICT leaders and
open education champions to help us refine the process.

We have prepared an example portal page for us to experiment with,
see:

http://wikieducator.org/Example_school

We have also uploaded word processing templates on this list which you
can download, complete and email to me at the OER Foundation:
mackinto...@gmail.com. The idea is to trial the process and see
how this works. You will get a dedicated OER portal page for your
school to profile your work and help us in refining the process. Help
us make history by being the first Kiwi schools to establish an OER
portal :-)

Here is the document in word format:

http://tinyurl.com/qvla4y

Or if you prefer open standards, the document in odt format:

http://tinyurl.com/qvla4y

The OER Foundation will set up the framework and layout for your
School's OER portal page which you can maintain and manage from your
school. We also provide free wiki skills training to support your
efforts. The next online workshop starts on 24 August and you are most
welcome to register:

http://wikieducator.org/Learning4Content/Registration

I look forward to seeing who will be the first NZ school to establish
an OER portal using this process -- You will be making history on the
world's fastest growing wiki in the formal education sector!

The first completed document I received will earn the accolade :-)

Cheers
Wayne

Wayne Mackintosh

Aug 13, 2009, 6:55:36 AM8/13/09
to MLE Reference Group
I attach the relevant files you will need to set up your free OER portal  -- Easier to locate as we have many files on the MLE list.

email your completed document to mackinto...@gmail.com @ the OER Foundation.

Cheers
Wayne

2009/8/13 Wayne <mackinto...@gmail.com>

--
Wayne Mackintosh, Ph.D.
Director,

nathan parker

Aug 13, 2009, 4:20:48 PM8/13/09
to mle-refer...@googlegroups.com
Hi Wayne - wondering how Warrington can move their Wikieducator pages into the NZ portal?
Cheers

2009/8/13 Wayne Mackintosh <mackinto...@gmail.com>

--
Nathan P
Warrington/Dunners

Wayne Mackintosh

Aug 13, 2009, 6:16:22 PM8/13/09
to mle-refer...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nathan --

Fill out the bits in the attachment.  Keep this page open in your browser --- it will give you an idea of what to write.

http://wikieducator.org/Example_school

Warrington school will be an excellent test case because you already have a fair amount of content in WikiEducator -- I'll help out with the restructuring of your pages and have your portal page up and running pretty soon :-)

This will be fun!

Cheers
Wayne