Irina

Jul 19, 2016, 9:08:39 AM7/19/16
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Dear App Inventor Team,

Please advise on the best approach for team work with App Inventor, we have groups of 3-5 kids and the idea is that they will be working on the same project, i.e. same app.

What are the options for several people to work on the same project?

Thanks in advance

Ali Mohsen

Jul 19, 2016, 12:03:30 PM7/19/16
to MIT App Inventor Forum
can you tell me what are the apps that you are making, what it required. i maybe join you to do something in my free time (i have a full time job)

Irina

Jul 19, 2016, 2:40:50 PM7/19/16
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Hi Ali,

Thank you for your interest, however the teams are already defined, and we cannot invite new participants to the teams.

Taifun

Jul 19, 2016, 4:35:43 PM7/19/16
to MIT App Inventor Forum
there is no team work feature available in App Inventor
but each of the kids could create a different screen and later you can put all the screens together into only one project, see also
Taifun

Trying to push the limits of App Inventor! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by Taifun.

Ghica

Jul 20, 2016, 5:52:25 AM7/20/16
to MIT App Inventor Forum
And make sure that none of the kids use Screen1 to do their work, otherwise you cannot easily merge the project.
Cheers, Ghica.

Abraham Getzler

Jul 20, 2016, 12:59:25 PM7/20/16
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Also consider dividing the teams by roles, with each member doing one or more roles:

Integrator (keeps the current version of the app, merges in new screens & art and copies in new procedures using the Backpack, broadcasts new baseline versions)
Artist (develops graphic and sound files, sends them to the Integrator)
Coder (copies the baseline, adds features to it, sends it back to the Integrator in an .aia export to merge into a new baseline).
Tester

ABG

Abraham Getzler

Jul 20, 2016, 1:00:48 PM7/20/16
to MIT App Inventor Forum
I forgot another important role:

Documenter (Starts and updates a Google Doc with block shots and explanations of how the app works.)

ABG