I now understand where the 2 To/From texts come from, but don't know where the 'text' properties come from.
It is difficult to advise you because we do not know the process flow of your app and do not have a representative data sample. If you can post those, we can help more.
As you know I have attempted to adapt your Formatting VertArrs system to my ToList & FromList system. I send files or data via various means; Texting, TinyDB, etc. While this info is sent I save it to my ToList. Conversely, I save received messages to my FromList. These lists are in the format Name, Date and Message. Displaying this information with each To/From transaction in a staggered manor is more difficult. I would like to display To/Show as:
If someone else comes into the message conversation the info continues to go into the lists, but the displays continue.
ATTACHMENTS (include .aia)
1. Capture – Creates the ToList using btnAddTo which loads the three boxes. The FromList is the same.
2. Capture1 – You’ll see where I tried to structure the Name, Date, Message code to create a text file.
3. Capture2 – The Start button initializes the Files, Lists & Labels. The Go button Appends the 2 list files for File_Text.
4. Capture3 – This is from your code. This is the only code I changed. I’ll describe my problem below.
5. Capture4 – At first you will see the Start, AddFrom, AddTo, Go & Back buttons. The AddFrom is used to add each to the demo. The lists would have been generated elsewhere. AddTo is the same. --- The info above the ‘blue’ line is where the boxes are entered. --- The info came from Capture1. --- The below ‘green’ text info is sent to Chris’ code.
There are at least two problem. The sent structured data to Append. This structure is lost with the Read. My emulator shows this in Capture3. The next problem is delimitating a message. I think you used ‘\n’. I tried that and then ‘|’. The ‘To/From’ labels are placed correctly, but the results are rubbish.
Thanks again for your patience and good work. And thanks to you, as usual, to ABG. Charles
If someone else comes into the message conversation the info continues to go into the lists, but the displays continue