John Dann, Islit at age 17, now 88

_

Jul 1, 2021, 4:27:58 AM7/1/21
(corrected re-post as my mental math was
10 years off in my previous post; also, ano-
ther math attempt regarding an estimate of
the number with Islit alive past age 90 -if-
Islit individuals had just as much chance of
living that long as the general population)

Even though the diabetes or diabetic words
are used without clarifier -10- times in the
following article, evidence in the article indi-
cates John got Islit around 1950, age 17, &
was born around 1933.
https://www.wales247.co.uk/medal-for-inspirational-man-whos-lived-with-diabetes-for-70-years

I think the 'type 1' & 'type 2' characterizations
of diabetes were first proposed in 1938 (I'd
have to look that up), so it's really disappoint-
ing that the 'type 1' clarifier wasn't used in the
article.

Unfortunately, many neglect to use a critical
clarifier leading to confusion & misinformation
& misleading. There was enough about John's
Islit to presume that's the actual one of the -7-
Disparate High Glucose Conditions that John
has.

However, without any clarifier, I have to rely
on my presumption as John & the writer erred
in not using the 'type 1' clarifier at all.

Another math attempt: About 4.833/10ths of
1% of Americans have Islit. Per the following
website, about 1/2 of 1% of Americans are
alive past age 90 in 2020, 2,774,878 Ameri-
cans. So, -if- 4.833/10ths of 1% of Americans
over age 90 have Islit, that would be a total ...

... of 13,413 Americans with Islit over age 90
in 2020.
https://www.populationpyramid.net/united-states-of-america/2020/

Hmmm, well, one of the following is true:

1) Due to the consequences of living with
Islit, nowhere near that many with Islit sur-
vive to live past 90 (keep in mind, modern
advances, most with Islit dealt with it for
decades prior to home blood glucose tests,
continuous glucose monitors, or widespread ...

... use of intense insulin dosing management
with modernized insulins to try to keep HbA1c
levels lower were available / promoted.

Life expectancies for those with Islit were 10
to 30 years lower than the general population
for many decades after the 1st widespread
use of insulin late in 1923.

-or-

2) The number that live that long may be
near than number, it's just that most with
Islit who live that long don't publicize it.

Hmmm, I suspect it's the former rather
than the latter, or maybe it's somewhere
in between those 2 possibilities, probably
closer to 1 than to 2.

John is close to joining the small list of pub-
licized long-time Islit survivors, though at
71 years having Islit he's far short of the
time most in the following post lived with
Islit:

Long Lives with Islit?
https://groups.google.com/g/misc.health.diabetes/c/VyD9PK1R27c/m/4o_pZNZPAQAJ

o Spencer Wallace, Islit for 86 years, passed
away at age 92.
https://obits.syracuse.com/obituaries/Syracuse/obituary.aspx?pid=177832512
https://www.syracuse.com/business-news/2016/03/spencer_wallace_92_longtime_manager_of_the_hotel_syracuse_dies.html

o Bob Krause, Islit for 85 or 86 years, passed
away at age 90.
https://www.diabeticlive.com/diabetes-101/diabetes-news/bob-krause-oldest-living-type-1-diabetic/

o Winsome Johnston, Islit for at least 84 years,
age 90 in 2018, unknown if she's still alive.
https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/new-zealand/grandma-90-nzs-oldest-living-person-diabetes-and-now-her-sights-world-record

o Gladys Dull, Islit for at least 83 years, age 90
in 2007, unknown if she's still alive.
http://www.diabetesincontrol.com/gladys-dull-at-90-living-well-with-type-1-diabetes-for-83-years/

o The Cleveland Brothers: Bob Cleveland, Islit at
age 5, lived 'til age 89, dying in 2010 after 84 years
with Islit. Gerald Cleveland, Islit at age 18, dying in
2009 at age 93 after 75 years living with Islit.
https://www.diabetes.co.uk/blog/2015/06/diabetes-legends-the-cleveland-brothers/

o Jerry Lewis, Islit for 20 years, passed away
at age 91.
https://groups.google.com/g/misc.health.diabetes/c/9C_bYLC4Pb8/m/iQP21Cs_BAAJ

Pro-Humanist FREELOVER, Freethinking
Realist Exploring Expressive Liberty,
Openness, Verity, Enlightenment, &
Rationality

I've had Islit (Insulinitis, near-total to
total loss of endogenous insulin) since
age 5, getting it over 60 years ago, in
March 1961.

- - -
diabetes / diabetic without a clarifier,
diabetes / diabetic guessing required
https://prohuman.net/pix2/diabetesdiabeticguessinggame.jpg
- - -

Superior Clarifying Names first created &
defined in May 17 2010, trying to replace
outdated anachronistic confusing misleading
diabetes / diabetic / reactive hypoglycemia
words and phrases:

Diabetes Bubble / Diabetes Bubble Burst
(outstanding) https://prohuman.net/diabetesbubblediabetesbubbleburst.htm

C.ure I.nsulinitis A.ssociation
(hopefully) https://prohuman.net/cureinsulinitisassociation.htm

Glucose Anomalies Research regarding
Potential Cures / Improvements in Treatments
(hopefully) https://prohuman.net/glucoseanomaliesresearch.htm

_

Jul 1, 2021, 2:44:33 PM7/1/21
One mathematical correction to previous post:

Americans age 90 & over, I said the 2,774,878
Americans age 90 & over were 1/2 of 1% of the
total population in 2020. Actually, they were
8.38/10ths of 1% of the total population in 2020:

On Thursday, July 1, 2021 at 3:27:58 AM UTC-5, _ wrote:

.> (corrected re-post as my mental math was
.> 10 years off in my previous post; also, ano-
.> ther math attempt regarding an estimate of
.> the number with Islit alive past age 90 -if-
.> Islit individuals had just as much chance of
.> living that long as the general population)
.>
[...]
site, about 8.38/10ths of 1% of Americans are
[...]
.> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
.>
.> Pro-Humanist FREELOVER, Freethinking
.> Realist Exploring Expressive Liberty,
.> Openness, Verity, Enlightenment, &
.> Rationality
.>
.> I've had Islit (Insulinitis, near-total to
.> total loss of endogenous insulin) since
.> age 5, getting it over 60 years ago, in
.> March 1961.
.>
.> - - -