Crashing on launch

Maurice Volaski

Mar 24, 2023, 1:47:59 PM3/24/23
to Miniscope
On some systems, miniscope won't launch until Visual C++ is installed. When it's installed there about a 50% chance it will run depending on what computer it's installed on. On a Windows 11 VM, it launches just fine after Visual C++ is installed.

But on a real machine under Windows 11, it crashes on launch.

This is the behavior someone else had been seeing, but I tried it both with Windows 10 and 11 freshly installed and they're both exhibiting the same crashing behavior.

Maurice Volaski

Mar 28, 2023, 2:21:15 PM3/28/23
to Miniscope
We have a machine where this program launches normally, so we copied the whole OS to the computer where it quits on launch and, rather suprisingly, the copied version crashes on launch, suggesting that something about the hardware of this computer is blocking the program from running.