Dependencies for miniscope software?

Johannes Hahn

Jan 18, 2021, 6:43:00 AM1/18/21
to Miniscope
Are there any dependencies for the software I missed? I wanted to run it on a PC I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and when I start it I just get a blank Miniscope window showing up for a few seconds but nothing else happens.

Anyone else had this issue/ knows what could be a possible solution?

Richardson Leão

Jan 18, 2021, 10:06:06 AM1/18/21
to Johannes Hahn, Miniscope
Great question! And what would be the best visual studio version to compile it? Thanks heaps!

On Mon, 18 Jan 2021, 12:43 Johannes Hahn, <j.h...@em.uni-frankfurt.de> wrote:
Are there any dependencies for the software I missed? I wanted to run it on a PC I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and when I start it I just get a blank Miniscope window showing up for a few seconds but nothing else happens.

Anyone else had this issue/ knows what could be a possible solution?

Daniel Aharoni

Jan 18, 2021, 10:17:45 AM1/18/21
to Richardson Leão, Johannes Hahn, Miniscope
Hi Johannes,
Can you share a screen shot of the software and the "blank miniscope window" so I have a better idea of what you are describing?

If you download the pre compiled software from github it shouldn't require you to install anything else to get it to work.

If you are compiling the software yourself it needs opencv built for QT, Python, and numpy (and soon it will also need libusb).

Richardson, I work and compile everything in QT Creator so I'm not sure all that is needed for compiling directly in visual studio. That said, QT does use visual studio to do the compiling and I think I use msvc2017.

Johannes Hahn

Jan 18, 2021, 11:16:17 AM1/18/21
to Miniscope
Hi Daniel,
Thanks for your quick reply. I can't select the config file or anything, it's just a blank window showing up for ~1-2 secs That's how it looks:

msNotStarting.PNG

Daniel Aharoni

Jan 19, 2021, 1:43:38 PM1/19/21
to Miniscope
Hmm, I have never seen this before. Not really sure what could be causing this.  Can you tell me the specs of the computer you are using?

Richardson Leão

Jan 20, 2021, 2:43:52 AM1/20/21
to Daniel Aharoni, Johannes Hahn, Miniscope
Thank you! I guess I haven't been following the development of the software. So qt, opencv, vs2017. Perfect!

Johannes Hahn

Jan 20, 2021, 4:26:32 AM1/20/21
to Miniscope
It's an Intel i7 6700 8*3.4 GHz, 32GB Ram, Windows 10 Pro 64bit Desktop computer.

Johannes Hahn

Feb 10, 2021, 10:37:40 AM2/10/21
to Miniscope
Seems there was something wrong with the windows installation, reinstalled windows and now it works.
Sorry for your trouble.

Daniel Aharoni

Feb 11, 2021, 12:29:21 PM2/11/21
to Miniscope