Specification Push vs Pull Vote Voting Thread

John Clingan

Mar 10, 2020, 5:30:06 PM3/10/20
to microp...@googlegroups.com
Voting Rules:
  • Reply with one word (Push, Pull, Abstain) and name. Example "John Doe. Pull" or "Jane Doe. Push". Google Groups will capture the email address. NO OTHER CONTENT IN THIS THREAD. Voting text here.
  • Reply to the top-level message only (do not nest replies)
    • This is a recommendation to make it easier to count
  • Any non-voting comment will be ignored (not deleted). A reply will instruct to use the voting discussion thread.
  • Votes from the MicroProfile committers are binding.  Other non-committers are welcome to vote to express their desires.
  • This vote starts on March 10th
  • This vote ends on March 17th at the start of the Live Hangout call.
  • Need a quorum (simple majority) of MicroProfile committers to cast a vote in order for the overall ballot to be binding
  • Super-majority of the voting committers need to be in favor to pass the vote
  • If the super-majority is not achieved, then conduct a second vote with simple majority wins (we have to pick a winner)
  • Definitions:

    • Currently 56 committers on MicroProfile project

    • Quorum would require at least 29 committers to cast a vote

    • Super-majority is 2/3 of the voting members

Side note: When the Eclipse wiki is authenticating properly, these rules will be added to the wiki.

2nd Note: The results will be tracked in a spreadsheet throughout the week.

John Clingan

Mar 10, 2020, 5:44:05 PM3/10/20
to Eclipse MicroProfile
No matter how long you stare at a post, sometimes you forget something. I forgot the vote text. So, I added a link to the text in the instructionspost  and will also add the text with this reply:

PULL TEXT
----------------
MicroProfile creates and evolves specifications without regard to downstream consumer requirements (e.g. Jakarta). For example, specification consumers will have to manage items like lifecycle, compatibility requirements, namespace, whether org.eclipse.microprofile is a suitable root package, etc.

MicroProfile can continue to evolve a specification regardless of downstream spec consumers, and it is up to the downstream consumer to decide if it wants to re-sync (or pull ideas from) MicroProfile updates. Additionally, MicroProfile can optionally decide to consume concepts or APIs from downstream projects.

PUSH TEXT
----------------
A specification MAY be created with the intent of targeting a preferred external organization (eg Jakarta  EE). Once a specification has been deemed stable within MicroProfile, future development of the specification is transferred to an external organization . The lifecycle will then be managed by that external organization and evolution within MicroProfile suspended, although it may be resumed later.
Message has been deleted

Cesar Saavedra

Mar 10, 2020, 6:32:31 PM3/10/20
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Cesar Saavedra. Pull

Martin Stefanko

Mar 11, 2020, 3:38:02 AM3/11/20
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Martin Stefanko. Pull

Michal Karm Babacek

    Jan Martiška

    Mar 11, 2020, 4:10:04 AM3/11/20
    to Eclipse MicroProfile
    Jan Martiska. Pull

    Mark Little

    Mar 11, 2020, 6:36:40 AM3/11/20
    to 'Emily Jiang' via Eclipse MicroProfile
    Mark Little. Pull.

    Mark Little

    Mar 11, 2020, 6:37:35 AM3/11/20
    to microp...@googlegroups.com
    Hi Emily.

    If you listen to the Hangout recording you’ll notice we came to the same conclusion and John has an action item to ensure the correct number of committers are reflected.

    Mark.

    On 10 Mar 2020, at 21:45, 'Emily Jiang' via Eclipse MicroProfile <microp...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

    Hi John,

    There are 56 committers, but the following spreadsheet has 51. There are 5 missing from the list including myself. Can you please double check?

    Emily

    David Lloyd

    Mar 11, 2020, 6:44:27 AM3/11/20
    to microp...@googlegroups.com
    David Lloyd. Pull

    On Tue, Mar 10, 2020 at 4:30 PM John Clingan <jcli...@redhat.com> wrote:

    > Voting Rules:
    >
    > Reply with one word (Push, Pull, Abstain) and name. Example "John Doe. Pull" or "Jane Doe. Push". Google Groups will capture the email address. NO OTHER CONTENT IN THIS THREAD.
    > Reply to the top-level message only (do not nest replies)
    >
    > This is a recommendation to make it easier to count
    >
    > Any non-voting comment will be ignored (not deleted). A reply will instruct to use the voting discussion thread.
    >
    > Votes from the MicroProfile committers are binding. Other non-committers are welcome to vote to express their desires.
    > This vote starts on March 10th
    > This vote ends on March 17th at the start of the Live Hangout call.
    > Need a quorum (simple majority) of MicroProfile committers to cast a vote in order for the overall ballot to be binding
    > Super-majority of the voting committers need to be in favor to pass the vote
    > If the super-majority is not achieved, then conduct a second vote with simple majority wins (we have to pick a winner)
    >
    > Definitions:
    >
    > Currently 56 committers on MicroProfile project
    >
    > Quorum would require at least 29 committers to cast a vote
    >
    > Super-majority is 2/3 of the voting members
    >

    > Side note: When the Eclipse wiki is authenticating properly, these rules will be added to the wiki.
    >
    > 2nd Note: The results will be tracked in a spreadsheet throughout the week.
    >
    > --

    - DML

    Kevin Sutter

    Mar 11, 2020, 9:00:44 AM3/11/20
    to Eclipse MicroProfile
    Pull.  Kevin Sutter

    Ken Finnigan

      Roberto Cortez

        John Clingan

        Mar 11, 2020, 10:55:22 AM3/11/20
        to Eclipse MicroProfile
        Please, no conversations on this thread. This thread is voting only. Use the voting discussion thread.

        Also, no need to reply to this post.

        Emily Jiang

        Mar 11, 2020, 11:54:35 AM3/11/20
        to Eclipse MicroProfile

        Emily Jiang. Pull

        Andy McCright

        Mar 11, 2020, 1:56:54 PM3/11/20
        to Eclipse MicroProfile
        Andy McCright. Pull

        On Tuesday, March 10, 2020 at 4:30:06 PM UTC-5, John Clingan wrote:
        Message has been deleted

        Phillip Krüger

        Mar 12, 2020, 8:00:57 AM3/12/20
        to Eclipse MicroProfile
        Phillip Kruger. Pull

        Antoine Sabot-Durand

        Mar 12, 2020, 8:02:05 AM3/12/20
        to Eclipse MicroProfile
        Antoine Sabot-Durand. Pull

        Michał Szynkiewicz

        Mar 12, 2020, 8:06:19 AM3/12/20
        to Eclipse MicroProfile
        Michał Szynkiewicz. Pull

        Matej Novotny

        Mar 12, 2020, 8:08:21 AM3/12/20
        to Eclipse MicroProfile
        Matej Novotny. Pull.

        Stefano Maestri

          Alessio Soldano

          Mar 12, 2020, 9:00:15 AM3/12/20
          to microp...@googlegroups.com
          Alessio Soldano. Pull.

[...]

            Associate Manager, Software Engineering

            Red Hat

            Ladislav Thon

              Scott Stark

              Mar 12, 2020, 10:34:08 AM3/12/20
              to Eclipse MicroProfile
              Pull

              Amelia Eiras

              Mar 12, 2020, 2:27:57 PM3/12/20
              to Eclipse MicroProfile
              Amelia Eiras- Pull! :)

              clement escoffier

              Mar 12, 2020, 3:44:56 PM3/12/20
              to Eclipse MicroProfile
              Clement Escoffier. Pull.

              Andy Guibert

              Mar 12, 2020, 4:01:41 PM3/12/20
              to Eclipse MicroProfile
              Andrew Guibert. Pull

              Edwin Derks

                Jonathan Gallimore

                Mar 12, 2020, 4:46:12 PM3/12/20
                to MicroProfile
                Jonathan Gallimore. Pull

                David Blevins

                Mar 12, 2020, 6:30:46 PM3/12/20
                to Micro Profile
                David Blevins: Pull

                Heiko Rupp

                Mar 13, 2020, 2:58:35 AM3/13/20
                to Eclipse MicroProfile
                Heiko Rupp: pull

                Stephane Epardaud

                Mar 13, 2020, 8:52:12 AM3/13/20
                to microp...@googlegroups.com
                Stephane Epardaud: pull

                On Fri, 13 Mar 2020 at 07:58, 'Heiko Rupp' via Eclipse MicroProfile <microp...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
                Heiko Rupp: pull

                Stéphane Épardaud

                Sergey Beryozkin

                Mar 13, 2020, 9:12:23 AM3/13/20
                to microp...@googlegroups.com

                Arthur De Magalhaes

                Michael Edgar

                  Daniel Cunha

                  Mar 13, 2020, 10:26:38 AM3/13/20
                  to microp...@googlegroups.com

                  Nathan Mittlestat

                  Mar 13, 2020, 4:20:58 PM3/13/20
                  to Eclipse MicroProfile
                  Nathan Mittlestat. Pull

                  Gordon Hutchison

                  Pavol Loffay

                  Mar 16, 2020, 4:26:58 AM3/16/20
                  to Eclipse MicroProfile
                  Pavol Loffay, Pull

                  Jean-Frederic Mesnil

                  Mar 16, 2020, 4:29:50 AM3/16/20
                  to Eclipse MicroProfile
                  Jeff Mesnil. Pull

                  Neil Young

                  Mar 16, 2020, 7:24:34 AM3/16/20
                  to Eclipse MicroProfile

                  Neil Young. Pull.

                  Andrew Rouse

                  Mar 16, 2020, 7:50:11 AM3/16/20
                  to Eclipse MicroProfile
                  Andrew Rouse. Abstain.

                  Alasdair Nottingham

                  Mar 16, 2020, 9:25:49 AM3/16/20
                  to 'Emily Jiang' via Eclipse MicroProfile
                  Alasdair Nottingham. Abstain.

                  > On Mar 16, 2020, at 7:50 AM, Andrew Rouse <andy...@gmail.com> wrote:
                  >
                  > Andrew Rouse. Abstain.

                  Nathan Rauh

                  Mar 16, 2020, 9:43:54 AM3/16/20
                  to Eclipse MicroProfile
                  pull

                  Michael Musgrove

                  Mar 16, 2020, 10:10:25 AM3/16/20
                  to microp...@googlegroups.com
                  Michael Musgrove. Pull

                  On Tue, Mar 10, 2020 at 9:30 PM John Clingan <jcli...@redhat.com> wrote:
[...]

                    JBoss, by Red Hat
                    Registered Address: Red Hat Ltd, 6700 Cork Airport Business Park, Kinsale Road, Co. Cork.
                    Registered in the Companies Registration Office, Parnell House, 14 Parnell Square, Dublin 1, Ireland, No.304873
                    Directors:Michael Cunningham (USA), Vicky Wiseman (USA), Michael O'Neill, Keith Phelan, Matt Parson (USA)

                    David Chan

                    Don Bourne

                    Mar 16, 2020, 11:57:48 AM3/16/20
                    to Eclipse MicroProfile

                    Rudy De Busscher

                    Mar 16, 2020, 3:33:34 PM3/16/20
                    to Eclipse MicroProfile
                    Rudy De Busscher, Abstain.

                    Cesar Hernandez

                    Mar 16, 2020, 5:50:07 PM3/16/20
                    to Eclipse MicroProfile
                    Cesar Hernandez - PULL.

                    Ryan St. James

                    Mar 16, 2020, 7:01:45 PM3/16/20
                    to Eclipse MicroProfile
                    Ryan St. James- PULL

                    John Clingan

                    Mar 17, 2020, 1:19:53 AM3/17/20
                    to Eclipse MicroProfile
                    John Clingan. Pull.

                    Mike Croft

                    Mar 17, 2020, 5:29:33 AM3/17/20
                    to Eclipse MicroProfile
                    Mike Croft; Abstain

                    Ondro Mihályi

                    Mar 17, 2020, 6:53:57 AM3/17/20
                    to Eclipse MicroProfile
                    Ondro Mihalyi: Pull

                    On Tuesday, March 17, 2020 at 10:29:33 AM UTC+1, Mike Croft wrote:
                    Mike Croft; Abstain

                    Steve Millidge

                    Mar 17, 2020, 8:25:30 AM3/17/20
                    to Eclipse MicroProfile