[MARKETING] August 8 2017 MicroProfile announcements - marketing activities

csaa...@redhat.com

Jul 31, 2017, 7:28:07 PM7/31/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Hello All,

If you would like to get involved in our MicroProfile marketing activities, please read the following post:

Thanks,
Cesar Saavedra

Amelia Eiras

Aug 1, 2017, 5:58:50 PM8/1/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile, MicroProfile Marketing
Cesar,

 Cc'd mktg email based on thus far written-open feedback on how best to collaborate. Mktg email ALWAYS has to be used as an extension to the MP gforum group, not to be mistaken as a different/separate working group MP initiative.

Lets avoid links such as the one below,  as seen, it adds a 2nd unnecessary step. Post directly on MP forum and cc' mktg email suffices.
Thank you for enabling by actions open feedback Cesar.

To All,

--about the mktg initiatives posted, italics are CS's quote from task:

2) Invitation to Analysts or Press. Who could we invite?
 Forrester, Gartner, SDTimes, The Register, [Voxxed, JAX, DZone-- I could reach out to these mediums]who else? we could also add:
  • InfoQ  [also can reach out to them]
  • spec leads   Does anybody have good contacts at any of these outlets that you can reach out to make sure they attend the call? Any volunteers to reach out and make sure these outlets attend the call?
 What is the ETA or deadline on invitation coverage?

Thank you,

csaa...@redhat.com

Aug 2, 2017, 11:14:07 AM8/2/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile, microprofil...@googlegroups.com
All,

About Amelia's replies below, I take it Amelia will be reaching out to Voxxed, JAX, DZone and InfoQ to invite them to the August 8, 2017 Hangout call?  If so, thank you for your help.  Does anybody else have contacts at Gartner, Forrester, SDTimes, The Register you can invite to the Aug 8 Hangout call?

The ETA for the invitation is ASAP.  You can use the following blurb to invite them:
=======
On August 8, 2017 at 2pm EDT US, the Eclipse MicroProfile community will make two major announcements during its bi-weekly Hangout call. They are:

1) Eclipse MicroProfile 1.1 release - brief overview of the release
2) Unveiling of the new Eclipse MicroProfile logo - voting results

This call is open to everyone. Please join us at:
or
=======

We will also need help with the following:

1) Social Media announcements
1.1) One announcement (a la press release) to be posted on MicroProfile.io blog site. Any volunteers to write the announcement?
1.2) Media blasts pointing to the announcement blog post on: LinkedIn, Facebook, G+, and Twitter. Any volunteers to take care of the social media blasts?
1.3) An announcement posting done on MicroProfile Google Group. Any volunteers to write this post?

Thanks,
Cesar

Amelia Eiras

Aug 2, 2017, 11:21:07 AM8/2/17
to csaa...@redhat.com, Eclipse MicroProfile, microprofil...@googlegroups.com
Cesar-- thanks for confirming timeline is still towards the August 8th MP hangout.

I will contact all the media. The MP community can expect an media status update via this thread by the end of Friday PDT or sooner.

Cheers 😋

Sent from my IPhone

Amelia Eiras

Aug 2, 2017, 2:05:38 PM8/2/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile, microprofil...@googlegroups.com
This AM, the 8 Media News below have been contacted.

Voxxed
Software & Support Media LTD
DZone Media
InfoQ — C4Media
Gartner Media
SD Times- Software Development News
Forrester Research
The Register News

Because my request comes on behalf of the MP Community, written email sent also posted. No shortcuts-- though I might know a few wonderful individuals from the Media News, I chose to use the formal emails to ask for media support.  Full TRANSPARENCY! :)

MSG starts:

Amelia from Tomitribe contacting your Media Team on behalf of the Eclipse MicroProfile Community.  MP—  project & MicroProfilers—  contributors. :)

Wearing my MP shoes, I would like to ask if your media team is interested on covering the MP 1hr video hangout on August 8th, 11am PDT?
During that hour, we will focus on:

1) Eclipse MicroProfile 1.1 release —  Overview
2) Unveiling of the chosen Eclipse MicroProfile logo —  Voting results

MP Hangout can be joined:

—
For more information about MP:

 do visit us at MP.io:

If your answer is YES, your support confirmation is appreciated & needed by this Friday, end of the day (PDT).
My direct apologies for the very short timing of media request.
MP is under the Eclipse incubation period — 8 months in.  We are still navigating by doing what work & what doesn't & quickly adjusting. :)

Questions, please do ask.

In advance, thank you for the time analyzing our project. We believe MP is a worthy OSS Community Java Project that will benefit from your media support!
---

Msg ENDS
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to microprofile-marketing+unsub...@googlegroups.com.

csaa...@redhat.com

Aug 7, 2017, 5:20:24 PM8/7/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile, microprofil...@googlegroups.com
Hi Amelia,

Have you received confirmation from any of the analysts you sent an email to about their attendance for tomorrow's MP Hangout call?

Thanks,
Cesar
To post to this group, send email to microprofil...@googlegroups.com.

Amelia Eiras

Aug 7, 2017, 9:00:40 PM8/7/17
to Cesar Saavedra, MicroProfile, MicroProfile Marketing
Thanks for follow up direct reminder Cesar, I appreciated.
 Reason for my update delay is that we are still receiving feedback from request sent on mid-day last Wednesday.

Confirmation is:

Robert Scholte— Chair of Apache Maven with tweeter @rfscholte. Thanks Robert! :)

Overall feedback is:

Our 3 & 1/2 day media request has not given enough time to execute effective media coverage.
Requesters need to keep in mind that when requesting media coverage, Media teams deal with planning the work ahead of time… many do so with the help of Publication mangers-PM. PMs carefully coordinate, often— well in advance topics/projects to be covered. Doing so means effectively organizing Personnel Resourcing & availability base on writers comfort topics. I was candidly reminded that it is summer, August vacations are at its pick :)
Direct request with our short of a notice, if accepted was accepted, means that other projects could be dropped to match our need. That is unfair & not what we, as a new OSS community project wants to be known for.   Apologies were in placed, at it turn of wonderful feedback! :)

 The feedback coming in… still expecting a few more—  I recommend that future MP media requests be sent at least 2 to 3 weeks advance notice to enable effective/easier media coverage.