Old OS NetworkManager 0.9.4.0 Set Static IP

Ashlin Inwood

Oct 13, 2023, 5:33:25 PM10/13/23
to MFM Discuss
So I am using NetworkManager to manage my USB Wi-Fi dongle. Using the TP-LINK TL-WN725N. It works well once you get the drives compiled and installed.

Anyway because the version of NetworkManager is so old the config syntax has changed quite a lot.

Does anyone have an example of setting a static ip?

Thank you

David Gesswein

Oct 13, 2023, 9:58:27 PM10/13/23
to mfm-d...@googlegroups.com
For my old OS image see Wireless in

http://www.pdp8online.com/mfm/revb/revb_board_build.shtml

Think that isn't using NetworkManager so may not be what you want.

A new OS image is available.
https://groups.google.com/g/mfm-announce/c/bA2dL0sh-Sc

Ashlin Inwood

Oct 14, 2023, 5:38:22 PM10/14/23
to MFM Discuss
Cool, I was able to find the correct syntax after a lot of trial and error

It's done like so:

[ipv4]

method=manual

dns=8.8.8.8;8.8.4.4;

addresses1=192.168.1.87;24;192.168.1.1;

If anyone is looking for some instructions on how to compile and install the TL-WN725N wifi drives you can see my notes: