BIOS Configuration Discussion Meeting Time

Noor Muhammad Malik

Apr 9, 2021, 8:15:45 AM4/9/21
to Metal3 Development List
Hi Guys,

Thank you for your participation in the doodle, I've set the meeting time on Monday April 12, 2021 UTC 14:00. We've already started a good discussion on this matter on the mailing list[4]. The agenda will be to drive the discussion forward and concluding it in the interest of everyone. Looking forward to seeing you there!

Here's the doodle for you
https://doodle.com/poll/thmsc2i82vexweaq?utm_source=poll&utm_medium=link

The existing meeting link for metal3 community meeting will be used
https://zoom.us/j/97255696401?pwd=ZlJMckNFLzdxMDNZN2xvTW5oa2lCZz09

For those that are not fully aware, and would like to attend, here are some pertinent details:
[1] An existing proposal that discusses BIOS configuration on a single machine
https://github.com/metal3-io/metal3-docs/blob/master/design/baremetal-operator/bios-config.md
[2] The implementation of this specification is here
https://github.com/metal3-io/baremetal-operator/pull/302
[3] Another proposal for batch configuration of BIOS across multiple machines
https://github.com/metal3-io/metal3-docs/pull/173
[4] The mailing list thread that discusses this matter
https://groups.google.com/g/metal3-dev/c/GjdYLEJt9LA

The concern is the incompatibility of these two approaches to exist simultaneously. There's another concern of the timing of implementation of [3]. [2] is already implemented and concluding review while [3] is in the design phase. Due to [2] already being delayed for more than a year, it would be preferable to merge it till [3] is developed as a complementary or even alternative approach. This needs discussion.
Warm regards,

Noor Muhammad Malik
Assistant Manager
xFlow Research Inc.