Emulator AMBE Decoder DSD .amb file frame format?

Bob Joe

Sep 20, 2022, 6:09:38 PM9/20/22
to md380tools
I tried to use a .amb files from DSD but when ran through the decoder in the emulator, it returns "Warning: Frame 50 has a bad status." for all the frames. Then when played it is all garbled. The sample.amb works.

I converted the my .amb file to hex and I do see the silent frames in the form of f8 01 a9 9f 8c e0 fc 01 00.

However in the sample file I do see this "58 39 93 b7 85 46 01 00 58 22 94 87 0d b1 00 00 ea ff 0b 1c 6f e2 01 00" Before it repeats it self a second time. I am not really identifying this format, like it doesn't look like the full 9 bytes frames. What is it?

Bob Joe

Sep 21, 2022, 7:19:35 AM9/21/22
to md380tools
DSD does not put 00000000 before each frame which was causing it to be misaligned on the AMBE vocoder from the way the emulator expects that file.