Talker Alias in MD-UV390

Sebastian Piñero

Mar 3, 2022, 6:05:49 PM3/3/22
to md380tools
I have run step by step the installation of the new 380tools firmware on my md-uv390 using the Linux VM. And when the equipment is turned on it does not exit the DUF mode. Red and green light flash. It doesn't come out of there. I had to go back to firmware version v018.011. Do you have any solution for this? From already thank you very much

Dale Farnsworth

Mar 3, 2022, 6:12:02 PM3/3/22
to md380tools
The md380tools firmware does NOT work on the MD-UV380/MD-UV390.  They are a completely different architecture than the MD-380.  Sorry you found this out the hard way.

Dale   NO7K

On Thu, Mar 3, 2022 at 4:05 PM Sebastian Piñero <sebasti...@gmail.com> wrote:
I have run step by step the installation of the new 380tools firmware on my md-uv390 using the Linux VM. And when the equipment is turned on it does not exit the DUF mode. Red and green light flash. It doesn't come out of there. I had to go back to firmware version v018.011. Do you have any solution for this? From already thank you very much

Frank Barcenas

May 28, 2022, 10:20:24 AM5/28/22
to md380tools
I'm in the same boat. DId you find any fix for this??

Arduino Iraq

Sep 15, 2022, 3:55:27 PM9/15/22
to md380tools

if your radio with gps use md-uv390.bin if not use 380 one, you can find tools and firmware in this link.

sebasti...@gmail.com

Sep 15, 2022, 4:36:08 PM9/15/22
to md380...@googlegroups.com

Hello

None of these firmware posted in this link has the md380tools feature or talkeralias option to enable.

I still continue to be unable to enable the talkeralias option on my MD-UV390.

Thanks anyway

Mike McGinty

Sep 15, 2022, 5:26:38 PM9/15/22
to md380...@googlegroups.com
md380tools has never supported the dual band MD-2017 or MD-UV3X0 series radios.

So you're flashing an md380tools MD-380 (single band) firmware image to your
MD-UV390, which is why it is stuck in DFU mode (the application is
invalid and/or crashing).
And as far as I'm aware, the OEM firmware for any of these radios still
doesn't support TalkerAlias.

There was, however, a fork of md380tools by KG5RKI Ty Weaver called TyToolz that I
believe had support for the dual banders. You might try looking for
that. I'd link you but I'm not sure where to find it anymore, it's been
a few years.

73 and good luck,
Mike W2FBI
> To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to md380tools+...@googlegroups.com <mailto:md380tools+...@googlegroups.com> .
> To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/md380tools/4912c123-315c-4157-898c-90551dd6a8e5n%40googlegroups.com <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/md380tools/4912c123-315c-4157-898c-90551dd6a8e5n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer> .

sebasti...@gmail.com

Sep 15, 2022, 5:55:29 PM9/15/22
to md380...@googlegroups.com
Good afternoon
I have already tried tytoolz and it doesn't work either.
Thank you,
To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to md380tools+...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/md380tools/YyOYitk8EUpxGtD/%40ryokan.

Mike McGinty

Sep 17, 2022, 12:14:15 AM9/17/22
to md380...@googlegroups.com
Then you're out of luck with the dual band radios for talker alias support, at least for now.

Mike