USB Problems

Rob Joyce

Jan 22, 2023, 5:53:42 PM1/22/23
to md380...@googlegroups.com
Hi -
   Trying to flash my TYT380 non-gps.  I can't download md380tools firmware.

- Using a real TYT cable.  Not recognized as a USB when I plug it in bare.  Recognized as a USB by my windows host when plugged into radio.

- Radio in update mode with light alternating red / green

- Running update program as Admin

Get an error message "USB" then a bunch of UTF8 characters that I assume are supposed to be chinese.   Screen capture attached.

Suggestions?
Thanks,
Rob

image.png

Rob Joyce

Jan 28, 2023, 9:54:16 AM1/28/23
to md380tools
Anyone have any suggestions for things to try?  Can't reflash to md380tools without this connection.

Thanks,
Rob

James Foley W8NSI

Jan 29, 2023, 7:27:13 PM1/29/23
to md380tools
Curious what OS your computer is?

Rob Joyce

Jan 29, 2023, 8:45:56 PM1/29/23
to md380tools
Win 11.  Tried from another computer, and got the same.  It is also Win 11.

James Foley W8NSI

Jan 30, 2023, 11:13:10 AM1/30/23
to md380tools
Looks like a Win11 trouble. I tried on my win11 laptop reads in ok  but failed to write back. On my win 10 laptop I could read and write to my MD380.
I dont know if this is a win11 usb driver trouble or something deeper.