MD380 - not receiving analog signals

prais...@hotmail.com

Jun 29, 2018, 12:19:33 PM6/29/18
to md380tools
I just got a new MD380.  Installed TyToolz and loaded codeplug that I have used in other 380s & 390s with TyToolz....  You would think it would mirror the others... HOWEVER.....   I am NOT receiving ANY analog signals.  I AM able to transmit Analog, but total dead Receive.  All digital functions are OK.  Thanks for the help  de KF0C

Ty Weaver

Jun 29, 2018, 4:09:13 PM6/29/18
to md380...@googlegroups.com
His utility will also flash your radio back to either stock or the main travis goodspeed branch of the fw.  You are welcome to revert.

On Fri, Jun 29, 2018 at 11:19 AM, <prais...@hotmail.com> wrote:
I just got a new MD380.  Installed TyToolz and loaded codeplug that I have used in other 380s & 390s with TyToolz....  You would think it would mirror the others... HOWEVER.....   I am NOT receiving ANY analog signals.  I AM able to transmit Analog, but total dead Receive.  All digital functions are OK.  Thanks for the help  de KF0C

skdani...@gmail.com

Jul 10, 2018, 4:41:33 PM7/10/18
to md380tools
Loaded md380tools firmware July !st.  No receive audio unmute on analog channels.  I can see the repeater in signal strength display and if turn on monitor can hear audio traffic.
Shane N6JYX

Glenn Butterfield

Jul 10, 2018, 5:16:25 PM7/10/18
to md380...@googlegroups.com
Do you have tones set?

Sent from my MetroPCS 4G LTE Android device

Shane Daniels

colton...@gmail.com

Jul 18, 2018, 10:40:44 PM7/18/18
to md380tools
Yes! I am having this issue! I hooked mine up to a service monitor and its totally deaf. Even setting the channel to CSQ does not help. ADDITIONALLY, its deaf on DMR as well, UNLESS I keep it awake. Ive found if I keep twisting the channel knob back and forth during breaks in the convo it will stay 'awake' and continue receiving.
Then, when I tried to use the old firmware options on the tytools, when the radio booted back up the screen displayed upside down. So I reloaded 380tools.

colton...@gmail.com

Jul 18, 2018, 11:02:56 PM7/18/18
to md380tools
Message has been deleted

Colton Reeder

Aug 2, 2018, 2:18:05 PM8/2/18
to md380...@googlegroups.com
Probably only to flash it back to stock. So far, I have been too lazy to do so.

On Thu, Aug 2, 2018 at 11:16 AM, <moli...@a-m-s.com> wrote:
Did this ever get resolved? I have the same issue after flashing my md380 with tytoolz.
--
This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are intended only for the
person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential

moli...@a-m-s.com

Aug 2, 2018, 2:20:24 PM8/2/18
to md380tools
ok. I tried the stock firmware but no luck. Thanks for the quick response

moli...@a-m-s.com

Aug 2, 2018, 2:22:45 PM8/2/18
to md380tools
any luck with this?

Shane Daniels

Aug 2, 2018, 2:28:27 PM8/2/18
to md380...@googlegroups.com
Yes but I have the vm so I did a new firmware and the problem had gone away.

On Thu, Aug 2, 2018 at 12:22 PM, <moli...@a-m-s.com> wrote:
any luck with this?

--
This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are intended only for the
person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential
material and/or material protected by law. Any retransmission or use of
this information may be a violation of that law. If you received this in
error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.

moli...@a-m-s.com

Aug 2, 2018, 2:53:26 PM8/2/18
to md380tools
can you send me a link.. km6...@gmail.com.. thanks

colton...@gmail.com

moli...@a-m-s.com

Aug 2, 2018, 3:30:34 PM8/2/18
to md380tools
Where do I get the latest firmware? I 've tried everything

Shane Daniels

Aug 2, 2018, 3:55:22 PM8/2/18
to md380...@googlegroups.com
This is what I've used.  https://github.com/KD4Z/md380tools-vm

Had to install VirtualBox and then the VM I downloaded.  Inside the VM you build a new firmware and userDB for installation.  Works for md380 / md390 / with or without gps.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

colton...@gmail.com

moli...@a-m-s.com

Aug 2, 2018, 10:47:53 PM8/2/18
to md380tools
I'm wondering if TYT released a new version of the radio and that's why it's not working with the new firmware. I have three of these radio one from early 2016 and 2 from June 2018. The 2 new ones are not working with any new firmware or old.

colton...@gmail.com

Aug 2, 2018, 11:46:13 PM8/2/18
to md380tools
Yeah, that seems to be the case. Also I got a message thats no longer here about the screen being upside down when reloading the stock firmware. Yes! I have the same issue. Its a real headscratcher. Why would converting it back to stock invert the screen. Unless its a tripwire thats hit when we load a non-stock firmware and its intentionally bricking the radio. 'cause, thats what I have, is a brick. Deaf and wont RX with md380tools and upside down screen if you try to go back to stock. I wish I had never loaded the firmware. Its looking like Im gonna have to file the thing in the trash bin and get another. $100 down the tubes.

Dale Farnsworth

Aug 2, 2018, 11:50:15 PM8/2/18
to md380tools
If the screen is upside down, you flashed the wrong type of firmware. There are 4 versions of the original firmware for the md380 (non-gps), depending on the date of manufacture. There is also a version for the model with GPS.  There are two versions of the md380tools firmware, one for non-GPS and one for GPS.  A common symptom of flashing the wrong version is the upside down screen.  Try a different version.

I hesitate to take you another direction, but editcp makes it very easy to write the different versions of the original firmware or the current md380tools firmware.  See https://www.farnsworth.org/dale/codeplug/editcp/

Dale

On Thu, Aug 2, 2018 at 7:21 PM Mike Oliveira <moli...@a-m-s.com> wrote:
I just did the same and still no luck... When I flashed the old firmware the screen is upside down .

AMS/Allied Building Products
A Beacon Roofing Supply Company
Mike Oliveira | Assistant Branch Manager
(408) 279-1141 | Cell: 510 376 1288

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential material and/or material protected by law. Any retransmission or use of this information may be a violation of that law. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.

colton...@gmail.com

Aug 2, 2018, 11:54:23 PM8/2/18
to md380tools
Well, thats interesting, but what I did was use the flash old feature in the VM, this was before I built a new-new or a new-new-new firmware, right after I did the original upload and realized the radio was broke. So it should have been the FW that came with the radio. It successfully loaded but was upside down.

Dale Farnsworth

Aug 2, 2018, 11:56:13 PM8/2/18
to md380tools
The md380s produced in the past couple of months do have a new version of firmware (version D14.04) and md380tools doesn't yet support this model. The current version of editcp makes it easy to restore the original version. Just select "Menu->Radio->md380tools->Write original firmware to radio".  Then select the version of the original firmware you need.  See https://www.farnsworth.org/dale/codeplug/editcp/

Dale

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "md380tools" group.

moli...@a-m-s.com

Aug 3, 2018, 12:24:03 AM8/3/18
to md380tools
best info yet... im not crazy lol

moli...@a-m-s.com

Aug 3, 2018, 12:45:17 AM8/3/18
to md380tools
It worked. Thanks for the info.

colton...@gmail.com

Aug 3, 2018, 1:14:35 AM8/3/18
to md380tools
Great news! I will give this a try then. Im glad to hear it can be fixed. I had almost given it up to the trash can.

Mike Oliveira

Aug 3, 2018, 1:16:02 AM8/3/18
to md380...@googlegroups.com
follow the link and look for version 14 firmware.

david.b...@gmail.com

Sep 8, 2018, 12:48:25 PM9/8/18
to md380tools
Thanks for the great information. I thought my new TYT MD-380 couldn't receive, until I used editcp to restore the 14.04 firmware. Boom, the radio can receive.

Thanks,

AI6K

Mike Oliveira

Sep 8, 2018, 1:19:29 PM9/8/18
to md380...@googlegroups.com
no worries....Im glad it worked out

jacques....@gmail.com

Nov 18, 2018, 1:52:15 PM11/18/18
to md380tools
I fixed my radio by doing this -

Install the tool. Plug radio in and then go to - menu - radio - write factory firmware to radio - select your radio.

If you notice that the screen is upside down on your radio after flashing or it is stuck in a boot loop then select another version type, mine was the newest install type.

Hope this helps.

On Friday, 29 June 2018 17:19:33 UTC+1, prais...@hotmail.com wrote:
I just got a new MD380.  Installed TyToolz and loaded codeplug that I have used in other 380s & 390s with TyToolz....  You would think it would mirror the others... HOWEVER.....   I am NOT receiving ANY analog signals.  I AM able to transmit Analog, but total dead Receive.  All digital functions are OK.  Thanks for the help  de KF0C

sand...@gmail.com

Dec 25, 2018, 12:02:19 PM12/25/18
to md380tools
Thanks a lot! I have bought my MD-380 mid 2018 and recently went ahead installing md380tools. Same situation, going to idle mode, not receiving then. On analog even worse, no RX at all.
editcp fixed this via bringing the D014.004 firmware back to my device, which I could not find anywhere else.

Thanks again !!!

Dale Farnsworth

Dec 25, 2018, 4:38:20 PM12/25/18
to md380tools
Awesome.  I love it when editcp is useful!

Dale Farnsworth, NO7K

nholla...@gmail.com

Jun 1, 2019, 11:15:01 PM6/1/19
to md380tools
Will u please explain to me how to do this

dbraunco...@gmail.com

Aug 17, 2019, 11:55:56 PM8/17/19
to md380tools
The thread by Jac...@gmail.com dated 11/18/2018 above is exactly what you need to do in order to restore the analog receive on any of the md380s sold after about 12/18, with the newer firmware. As of this date, neither hacks (tools or toolz) has a fix, including the “tools” “no sleep tweak”. Don (KB6BOB)

miserab...@gmail.com

Apr 9, 2020, 9:12:47 PM4/9/20
to md380tools
This worked great! Had installed MD380tools on an MD-380 I just purchased. Lost analog receive. Downloaded and ran editcp, flashed the very latest firmware and now works as it should. THANK YOU!

Dale Farnsworth

Apr 9, 2020, 11:54:46 PM4/9/20
to md380tools
You're welcome.  I'm glad it worked!

Dale, NO7K

On Thu, Apr 9, 2020 at 6:12 PM <miserab...@gmail.com> wrote:
This worked great! Had installed MD380tools on an MD-380 I just purchased. Lost analog receive. Downloaded and ran editcp, flashed the very latest firmware and now works as it should. THANK YOU!

Tim Phillips

Jan 13, 2023, 1:55:04 PM1/13/23
to md380tools
I just was gifted an MD380 that is relatively new but bricked with a prior firmware update applied by the former owner.  I flashed firmware 14.04 successfully, checked codeplug (1.04 I think) and all is in order except it is now deaf as a door nail on both analog and digital.  I downloaded the codeplug editor as above and ran without success.  Is there an even newer firmware version than 14.04 and if so, where do I find it?
Tim
kc9jch

bill

Jan 15, 2023, 11:18:56 AM1/15/23
to md380tools
Tim, download Dale's editcp software. You can try various versions of the factory firmware.  If the screen is upside down, try a different version. The latest version (I have an older MD380) I could load was 14.04.  There is a V15 version, too.  Hope this helps.

73 Bill K7WXW