January is Make a Makerspace on Maui

Laura Ulibarri

Jan 5, 2015, 1:45:56 AM1/5/15
to mauim...@googlegroups.com
Most events in January will be focused on getting the Makerspace built out for Feb Grand Opening.

The location is 200 Waiehu Beach Rd (some people might know it as the Y Hata building). We still have access to a classroom at St Anthony, so expect to see some of our future activities to take place at St Anthony.

January Activities will be:

Jan 8: Public Meeting: Help Plan Build Out of Our New Space, St Anthony, Maryknoll Hall, Rm 21, 6 to 9 PM

Jan 10-11: Volunteer activities for move in. Specifics to be announced.

Jan 15: Public Meeting, Self Help Activities: Sorting equipment, Inventory, Painting, Etc. We will meet at St Anthony Maryknoll Hall, Rm 21 between 6 and 6:30 PM. Some volunteers will do prep work at St Anthony, some at the new space.

Jan 17-19: Volunteer activities for move in. Specifics to be announced.

Jan 22: Public Meeting, Self Help Activities: Making things for the Makerspace, Sorting Equipment, Inventory, Etc. We will meet at St Anthony Maryknoll Hall, Rm 21 between 6 and 6:30 PM. Some volunteers will do prep work at St Anthony, some at the new space.

Jan 24-25: Volunteer activities for move in. Specifics to be announced.

Jan 25: Make Valentines the CNC Way: Learn basic graphic import and editing: Class 1 of 3, St Anthony, Maryknoll Hall, Rm 21, 6:00 to 8:00 PM. Make Valentines the CNC Way: Learn basic graphic import and editing: Class 1 of 3. Each class is $5 for Members, $10 for non-members. Follow up classes on 4 and 11 of Feb.

1 Feb 2014. Makerspace Grand Opening. Thanks to Doug Allan for making us a drawing of the floor plan.

Prior to opening of the Makerspace, memberships are discounted. Click <a href="http:/www.mauimakers.com/blog/membership-in-maui-makers/" title="Membership Drive" target="_blank">here</a> to join.

Brian Thomas

Jan 5, 2015, 2:29:49 AM1/5/15
to mauim...@googlegroups.com
It's been a long time coming!  Finally a place we can call our own.

Looking forward to building this out.

Laura Ulibarri

Jan 10, 2015, 9:54:48 PM1/10/15
to mauim...@googlegroups.com
If you can help, please use this Link to get in contact with Pete to schedule weekday builds

https://groups.google.com/d/topic/mauimakers/Q5s12QW3LqU