Cannot open .lcd file

Harminder Phull

Apr 1, 2010, 12:50:53 PM4/1/10
to Mass++
I currently have Mass++ 1.7.2 installed on my computer. I am trying to
open a .lcd file to convert it to mzXML but keep getting an error
message "It failed to open the file." I'm not sure if there may be
something wrong with the .lcd file or the program. Is anyone else
having any problems opening up .lcd files? Any help would be more than
appreciated!

satstnka

Apr 2, 2010, 1:40:14 AM4/2/10
to Mass++
Is LCMS-IT-TOF Data Export library (TTFLDataExport) installed in your
PC?
To read .lcd file, TTFLDataExport library is required.

I think there is a person-in-charge (working for Shimadzu
corporation),
if there is a LCMS-IT-TOF mass spectrometer in your laboratory.
Please ask him or her about the library.

Harminder Phull

Apr 2, 2010, 10:11:44 AM4/2/10
to Mass++
THANKS! I will look into that!

yann.g...@gmail.com

Nov 14, 2013, 5:26:34 AM11/14/13
to masspl...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

In the past i have managed to open lcd file with mass++, and since i have changed my mass++ version it'is not working anymore.
I have also problem with *.lcd files from IT-ToF with mass++ on windows 32 bit (version MassppSetup2_6_2-x86), I Do have LabSolution 3.60 installed on the same computer and can not open my *.lcd files. I have also installed Matlab MCR R2013a (8.1).

I have tried to find the file " LCMS-IT-TOF Data Export library (TTFLDataExport)" on my PC but i don't know where to search exactly.

Many thanks for your mass++ software and for any help on my problem

All the best

Yann

satstnka

Nov 20, 2013, 3:11:29 AM11/20/13
to masspl...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

 I'm sorry for the late reply.

Some .dll files are lacked in the installer.
Could you try to open .lcd file after the following steps?

  1. Download attached files.
  2. Change the file extension ".dll_" to ".dll".
          Interop.TTFLDataExport.1.8.dll_    -> Interop.TTFLDataExport.1.8.dll
          Interop.stdole.2.0.dll_   ->  Interop.stdole.2.0.dll
  3. Copy renamed files to <Mass++ installation folder>\plugins/ShimadzuLcmsInputPlugin
        <Mass++ installation folder> is usually "C:\Program Files (x86)\Mass++" or "C:\Program Files\Mass++".
        If you are asked administrator account and password, input them and click "OK" button.

regards,

--
Satoshi Tanaka
Interop.TTFLDataExport.1.8.dll_
Interop.stdole.2.0.dll_

satstnka

Nov 20, 2013, 8:40:51 PM11/20/13
to masspl...@googlegroups.com
Sorry. I found a problem of reading .lcd file in current Mass++ (2.6.2)
I'd like to release bug fixed version in this or next month.
However you can instantly fix this problem by the following steps:

   1. Download attached file.
   2. Unzip downloaded file.
   3. Replace unzipped ShimadzuLcmsInputPlugin folder to
       <Mass++ installation folder>\plugins\ShimadzuLcmsInputPlugin.
      (If you are asked administrator account and password,
       input them and click [OK] button.)

 If you have any more problems,
please let us know them.

regards,

--
Satoshi Tanaka
ShimadzuLcmsInputPlugin.zip

satstnka

Jan 26, 2014, 9:36:23 PM1/26/14
to masspl...@googlegroups.com
I'm sorry for your inconvenience about the problem of reading .lcd file.

Mass++ 2.6.4 has been released on 24 Jan.
Such a problem has been fixed.
Please try it.

regards,

--
Satoshi Tanaka (Mass++ Developer)

Wei Li

Feb 20, 2014, 5:30:58 PM2/20/14
to masspl...@googlegroups.com
I still cannot open .lcd files with the new version.

Wei

Satoshi Tanaka

Feb 20, 2014, 8:00:30 PM2/20/14
to masspl...@googlegroups.com
Is LCMSsolution (ver 3.6.0 or more) or TTFLDataExport installed your PC?
For more details, please see the following url:
   http://www.first-ms3d.jp/mass2-inout

Wei Li

Feb 21, 2014, 9:46:32 AM2/21/14
to masspl...@googlegroups.com
No, I don't. Thanks for the link. Unfortunately  I have windows 7 on my computer.

Thank you.

Wei

Debanjana Ghosh

Mar 26, 2014, 10:16:44 AM3/26/14
to masspl...@googlegroups.com
Could not open .lcd files from Shimadzu LC-MS in Mass++

Debanjana

Jean Franco Castro

Aug 13, 2014, 7:34:54 PM8/13/14
to masspl...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I'm trying to open a .lcd file from Shimadzu LC-MS in the latest version of Mass++. I tried copying the files Interop.TTFLDataExport.1.8.dll and Interop.stdole.2.0.dll in to the folder you suggested, but nothing, it continues giving the error: "Failed to open the file [...]". Do I need anything special?. I can only open the files in LCMSsolutionsV3, however I don't have installed that software in my computer.

I hope you can help me out.

Cheers

Jean Franco Castro

satstnka

Sep 18, 2014, 4:37:47 AM9/18/14
to masspl...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

 I'm sorry for the late reply.
I missed this message.

 Which version of you LCMSsolution?
If the version is more than 3.50, the LCMSsolution has to be installed
in your PC.

 For more details, please check the following url:
    http://www.first-ms3d.jp/mass2-inout

Best regards,

--
Satoshi Tanaka