Panorama with all features

Abubaker Siddiq

Nov 27, 2017, 6:32:43 AM11/27/17
to marzipano
Amazing product.

I saw that there are separate demos for mobile Orientation (gyro) and hot spot style. I want to create a panorama with following features
1. 360 image (ofcourse)
2. Gyro control
3. Hot spot styles
4. Click on hot spot to go inside (another image)

Are all the features possible together? Do I have to use all the .js files then?

Tiago Quelhas

Nov 27, 2017, 6:32:50 PM11/27/17
to Abubaker Siddiq, marzipano
You can get #1 and #4 with no coding required using the Marzipano Tool.

#3 requires that you adapt the hotspot CSS styles manually. You can of course use the demo as inspiration.

#2 requires some Javascript coding to integrate the DeviceOrientationControlMethod into the rest of the code (the respective demo contains all the necessary pieces). However, keep in mind that device orientation events are broken in some OS/browser combinations, so make sure to test on all the devices you wish to support.

Kasper Schmidt Engberg

Apr 1, 2021, 6:02:34 AM4/1/21
to marzipano
So, did anyone ever combine .js files for this use?

I'd like to do the same, but lack the js skills to do so..

Don't really need #3, but #1, #2 and #4 together would be awesome..

You can get #1 and #4 with no coding required using the Marzipano Tool.

Andreas Hauffe

Aug 6, 2021, 9:53:13 AM8/6/21
to marzipano
Hi,

I combined some of the examples to this https://download.oscvev.de/vchorfest/360/ and could provide the code.

Regards,
Andreas

Kris

Aug 6, 2021, 3:43:13 PM8/6/21
to marzipano
Hi Andreas

I would be very grateful if you could provide the code for your demo.

Very impressed with the clickable map layout in the top right corner.

The YouTube integration video in the scenes at Hauptbühne and Nebenbühne is excellent.

Both of these things are something I have been trying to do myself for some time but without success.

Any guidance you can give as to how you integrated this into a marzipano tour would be be really great.

Thanks in advance.

Kris

Andreas Hauffe

Aug 14, 2021, 10:24:24 AM8/14/21
to marzipano
Hi Kris,

I uploaded the code at github (https://github.com/AndiMb/virtuellesChorfest). So you can use it. Since it is a netbeans Project in my case, everything is in the directory public_html.

Andreas

Kris

Aug 17, 2021, 7:02:00 AM8/17/21
to marzipano
Thanks Andreas.

Been looking through the code for the last few days, and suspect it's above my level of understanding, but I'll persevere with it!

Thanks very much indeed.

Kris

Aug 18, 2021, 5:02:34 AM8/18/21
to marzipano
Hi Andreas,

If you could point your obviously considerable coding skills at something I've been trying to achieve without success, I would be very grateful.

I would love to have an A / B layer switch in my marzipanos that retains the same yaw and pitch view from switch to switch.  This is often used for day / night switching like the marzipano here at Storygraaf's site:  https://www.storygraaf.be/meeting-centra/360-virtuele-tour-meeting-centrer/

Thanks for any help you could possibly give.

Kris.

Stephen Sandison

Aug 18, 2021, 5:03:25 AM8/18/21
to marz...@googlegroups.com
Hi Andreas,

That's some really nice work! What 3D tool did you use to make images for the panos?

Cheers,

Steve

Andreas Hauffe

Aug 18, 2021, 10:55:33 AM8/18/21
to marzipano
Hi  Steve  ,

I'm using Blender (https://www.blender.org) to create the panoramas and bought a park model for 10 $ (https://www.turbosquid.com/de/3d-models/park-blender-3d-1563027). The six faces of the cube are rendered with 4096x4096 Pixels and then converted to tiles with the marzipano tool, which works quite well.

Regards,
Andreas

Andreas Hauffe

Aug 18, 2021, 11:02:00 AM8/18/21
to marzipano
Hi Kris,

if you just want to use it, copy the files and folders from public_html to your server. Then just edit the file data.js with your pano data. In case of panoramas without videos I added the properties

            "mapcontainer": "1",
            "x": "49.41%",
            "y": "97.92%",
            "videos": false,

which is the map to use for the panorama and the coordinates on the map. Since there are no videos, you have to set "videos" to false.

In case of panoramas with videos you additionally have to add the position of the Youtube-iframe and the position of the title list

            "videos": true,
            "iframespot_yaw": -0.53,
            "iframespot_pitch": -0.16,
            "iframespot_radius": 1100,
            "iframeselect_yaw": -0.775,
            "iframeselect_pitch": -0.3,

and the videos.

Regards,
Andreas

camer...@atlasbayvr.com

Aug 18, 2021, 11:58:10 AM8/18/21
to marzipano
Hey Kris,

Check out my post here for how we're switching between layers (panos) and keeping the same lookAt point (yaw and pitch):

Cameron

Stephen Sandison

Aug 18, 2021, 12:22:10 PM8/18/21
to marz...@googlegroups.com
Hi Andreas,

Thanks for the info. I've had a play with blender before and always found it a bit overwhelming. I do need to revisit at some point I think.

Cheers,

Steve

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted