Device Port Thread

chev droid

Jun 15, 2016, 12:18:23 PM6/15/16
to maru-...@googlegroups.com
Hi devs and community!

Since there are plans for porting Maru OS to other devices, after it's Open Source and on Git, I think a Thread with a "Device Port List" would be good.

E.g.

[Nexus 7] [In development] [DevName1(Leader), DevName2 ...]
A Leader for each Port which is coordinating the work with the other devs could make sense in some cases.

Maru OS Device Ports:

Nexus Devices

[Nexus 5x] [port working] [Preetam] [NO Slimport & MHL Support by Hardware]

[Nexus 4] [planned] [Bojan, chev?]

[Nexus 7 2012] [in development] [Tyler, ...]

[Nexus 7 2013 (flo wifi)] [port working] [Tyler]
Nexus 7 Porting Thread

Download test builds:
Find it here

[Nexus 7 2013 (deb LTE)] [in development] [Tyler]

Nexus 7 Porting Thread

[Nexus 6] [planned] [chev, ...] [NO Slimport & MHL Support by Hardware]
Testing: UnsocialSoul, Lethe

[Nexus 6p] [in development] [bootlessxfly, chev[NO Slimport & MHL Support by Hardware] [Display Link Support]

Nexus 6P Porting Thread

Development repos:
https://github.com/bootlessxfly/maruos_device_nexus6p
https://github.com/bootlessxfly/maruos_device_nexus6p_kernel
https://github.com/bootlessxfly/maruos_device_nexus6p_images

[Nexus 9] [in development] Tyler Martin

Pixel Devices

[Google Pixel] [planned] [chev]
Probably no Slimport/MHL Support.

HTC Devices

[HTC 10] [port working] [Georgian]

One Plus Devices

[One Plus 3] [planned] [Vitor Arins]

[One Plus 5] [planned] [Vitor Arins]

Essential Devices

[Essential Phone] [in development] [Michael DeFrancesco]

Essential PH-1 Porting Thread

LG Devices

[LG G2] [planned] [Craig]

Testing : Starly Solon, Roma Lytvynov, ImOnLinux

[LG G3 D855] [Planned] [Mika Beckerich]

Testing: Nicolò Balzarotti, Andrea Gallo

[LG V10] [planned] [Georgian]

[LG G4 H815] [port working] [Georgian]

Motorola Devices

[Motorola G 2nd Gen] [Planned] [hackersarchangel] [NO Slimport & MHL Support by Hardware]

[Motorola Z2 Force] [port working] [Georgian]

Samsung Devices

[Samsung Note 4] [planned] [Juan Luis ]

[Samsung S9/S9+] [port working] [Georgian]

Sony Devices

[Xperia devices which has MHL support] [Planned] [Noel Macwan]

Will be split up per device, when the builds are up.

[Xperia Z3 Compact] [in development] [Noel,Stefan]

Port Status

planned             =     User/Dev planned to do a port, not started yet or waiting

in development =     Dev(s) have started working on the port

port working      =     Dev(s) have a working version of Maru OS on their devices

available           =     Working version of Maru OS available for this device

canceled           =      Dev(s) canceled the port due to either, no time, device not available to dev(s), or not able to make a port.

Regards

chev

Preetam

Jun 15, 2016, 9:18:03 PM6/15/16
to Maru OS dev
Great idea chev, you beat me to it!

Anyone interested in porting to a device, please let us know by adding a line as chev has shown above.

I know Craig is looking at the LG G2, Antonius at the 5X, Bojan at the Nexus 4, chev himself at a few other Nexus devices, plus many others I can't remember off the top of my head...definitely some Sony devices and Samsung in there. I'll reach out to the folks who got in touch over email over the past few months and point them at this thread.
Message has been deleted

Starly Solon

Jun 18, 2016, 5:27:22 PM6/18/16
to Maru OS dev
I have a LG G2 (d803) and I'd be wiling to test some builds when they'll be available.

Mika Beckerich

Jun 20, 2016, 12:44:44 AM6/20/16
to Maru OS dev
I have an [LG G3 D855][Planned][Mika Beckerich]. How can this line be added to the list?

Dustin Klingele

Jun 22, 2016, 9:19:37 PM6/22/16
to Maru OS dev
I have a Moto G 2nd Gen I'd be willing to try this out on.

So [Motorola G 2nd Gen][Planned][hackersarchangel].

If I find the time to learn how to port stuff, I'll certainly take a crack at it until someone much more qualified than me comes along.

dan

Jun 24, 2016, 3:43:57 AM6/24/16
to Maru OS dev
Hey chev,

before porting to an old or dead horse (Android 5.1.1) wouldn't it be better to take a look at Nutella?
That would be an investment into the future.

chev droid

Jun 24, 2016, 2:14:29 PM6/24/16
to Maru OS dev
hi dan,

First Maru should be be updated to M and after N is out there will be the update to N I think, since preview 3 is out for Nexus 5 there is a good change Maru OS (currently based on Nexus 5) will get N.

Until then, porting from L to M or even N would be problematic since the "base" of Maru is currently on L. So porting to other Android 5.X phones/tablets makes sense atm.

Before we can start porting, we have to waint until Maru OS is opensourced (until Code is on git).

And that are only my thoughts, because Preetam is the developer of Maru OS (I'm only helping out here and doing this list and so on.) But I think Preetam will soon get help from us in developing :)

Preetam

Jun 24, 2016, 4:18:40 PM6/24/16
to Maru OS dev
Starting off porting v0.2.3 on devices that support L and then upgrading to M should not be a big change for the device maintainers as device-specific code is pretty well separated from the rest of the system. There are a few devices that were introduced with M or later (5X and 6P) so these will need to wait till Maru OS is on M. M first, then possibly N after it's been released and sees a few bug fixes as is common with any new release.

Conor Anderson

Jun 26, 2016, 12:23:06 PM6/26/16
to maru-...@googlegroups.com
I am happy to test a Nexus 4 port.
I have a Oneplus One as well, but with no HDMI/MHL out, I don't know how Maru would work!

Starly Solon

Jul 2, 2016, 10:37:44 AM7/2/16
to Maru OS dev
If some devices already have the source code for the device tree and kernel (like devices officially supported by Cyanogenmod) would porting be easier? And what does it take to make a port, I'd love to try!

Preetam

Jul 5, 2016, 7:36:13 PM7/5/16
to Maru OS dev
I'll put together a basic outline of the porting process when all the code is up!

Yeah, it is definitely easier to do a port if you have a reference configuration to work off of. The Nexus devices all have publicly available device repos that you can base your port on, including the kernel sources. For non-Nexus devices, you may have to visit the vendor's website and download a tarball of all the necessary sources to build a complete device image; for example, LG has an open-source website where you can download the kernel and android sources.

I am not very familiar with CyanogenMod myself, but yes, if you have some reference to start with you can save a lot of time.

Essentially, what you will need to do is provide two things:
  1. A pre-built kernel image repo that will be very similar to https://github.com/maruos/device_lge_hammerhead-kernel
  2. A device configuration repo that will define all device-specific setup (the Nexus 5 device repo for Maru OS is not available just yet, but when it is that will serve as a good example). This can be pretty tricky to get working completely for devices without public repos...if you miss some configuration you may not activate certain hardware on your device for example.

I definitely encourage you to try a port if you're interested!

Preetam

Jul 12, 2016, 10:58:53 PM7/12/16
to Maru OS dev
A heads-up that the device configuration repo I mentioned above is now available on GitHub: https://groups.google.com/d/msg/maru-os-dev/CZxym6f_n7I/iog9BkaPCQAJ. This is the second piece of the puzzle for device ports, along with the pre-built kernel.

jason bender

Jul 24, 2016, 3:01:55 AM7/24/16
to Maru OS dev
Hello All!

I am excited to find this project - I was a member of the Atrix devteam (a similar project, my most notable contribution was to debug the GTK conflict with openoffice,  and writing an ARM device driver for SPL2 printers.) - I am willing to buy a device specifically for this project ... am thinking Nexus 6, LG G4 - or anything >5.5" that has LTE band 2...

On Wednesday, June 15, 2016 at 9:18:23 AM UTC-7, chev droid wrote:
Hi devs and community!

Since there are plans for porting Maru OS to other devices, after it's Open Source and on Git, I think a Thread with a "Device Port List" would be good.

Like:

[Device] [Status] [Developpers(Leader)/Maintainers]

E.g.

[Nexus 7] [In development] [DevName1(Leader), DevName2 ...]

Also a list with helpers/testers would be a good idea I think, since a dev can do a port, but maybe don't have a device. And maybe someone has that devices but isn't able to do a port.

A Leader for each Port which is coordinating the work with the other devs could make sense in some cases.

Maru OS Device Ports:

Nexus Devices

[Nexus 5x] [planned] [Antonius]

Porting could be problematic, since MaruOS isn't yet on marshmallow?

[Nexus 4] [planned] [Bojan]

[Nexus 7] [planned] [chev, ...]

[Nexus 6] [planned] [chev, ...]

[Nexus 6p] [planned] [chev, ...]

Porting could be problematic, since MaruOS isn't yet on marshmallow?

LG Devices

[LG G2] [planned] [Craig]

Testing : Starly Solon

[LG G3 D855] [Planned] [Mika Beckerich]

Motorola Devices

[Motorola G 2nd Gen] [Planned] [hackersarchangel]

Samsung Devices

Sony Devices

Regards

chev

Technerd24680

Jul 24, 2016, 7:12:35 AM7/24/16
to Maru OS dev
Would love to see this ported to the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Sm-n9005 Or all Note 3 Models. Thanks In Advance

Preetam

Jul 25, 2016, 7:35:11 PM7/25/16
to Maru OS dev
Hi Jason!

On Sunday, July 24, 2016 at 3:01:55 AM UTC-4, jason bender wrote:
Hello All!

I am excited to find this project - I was a member of the Atrix devteam (a similar project, my most notable contribution was to debug the GTK conflict with openoffice,  and writing an ARM device driver for SPL2 printers.) - I am willing to buy a device specifically for this project ... am thinking Nexus 6, LG G4 - or anything >5.5" that has LTE band 2...

Wow, very exciting to hear you were an engineer for the Atrix--I've always heard references to it as the first mover in this space!

Lots of folks have been asking for Nexus 6 and LG devices so we should definitely have a few ports over there before too long. The ports are mostly waiting on all of the code to be open-sourced. About 90% of it is available on GitHub now and the rest will be following shortly.

I'm very much looking forward to having your expertise on the project, whether it's testing Maru out on new devices or contributing ideas / code / etc.

Best,
Preetam

chev droid

Jul 28, 2016, 10:33:26 AM7/28/16
to Maru OS dev
Hi

Porting Maru OS to Nexus6p and Nexus5x could be problematic, since they don't support Slimport, MHL neither.
So I don't see Maru OS comming to the both Nexus Devices...or at least it wouldn't make much sense, when you can't connect to a Monitor/TV.

What maybe would work is DisplayLink (which requeris special hardware).

Or at least i don't see any other possibility.

Regards

chev

Preetam

Jul 28, 2016, 10:09:37 PM7/28/16
to Maru OS dev
On Thursday, July 28, 2016 at 10:33:26 AM UTC-4, chev droid wrote:
Hi

Porting Maru OS to Nexus6p and Nexus5x could be problematic, since they don't support Slimport, MHL neither.
So I don't see Maru OS comming to the both Nexus Devices...or at least it wouldn't make much sense, when you can't connect to a Monitor/TV.

Yup, I agree.

But if there is still interest in running the desktop in a headless mode over SSH/VNC it may be possible to still have a port once https://github.com/maruos/maruos/issues/5 is done.

What maybe would work is DisplayLink (which requeris special hardware).

This was just recently brought to my attention; something to look at for sure! It would be nice to support this in addition to HDMI to open up more devices for Maru. But yes, as you said it does require DisplayLink hardware (display / dock)...

Best,
Preetam

Antonius Harijanto

Jul 29, 2016, 2:58:07 AM7/29/16
to Maru OS dev
My Nexus 5x just got stolen, I'm going to get a new device which could also be used for development.

Any idea what would be ideal? (I'm looking for something newer, perhaps 2015 - 2016 launched device)

Bart Vdpt

Jul 29, 2016, 9:32:54 AM7/29/16
to Maru OS dev
+1
As my previous post, i also wanna still know which device is next. But i want something little newer then the Nexus 5. But it seams that this one was the last with SlimPort: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_Google_Nexus_smartphones
The needed SlimPort seams to be the barrier that will possibly stop MarusOs from growing. Or are there new display ports that will be supported in the future?

My 2009 smartphone is diying so i need to buy a new secondhand the next coming month.
And i wanna buy one to run SailfishOs and Android/MarusOs.

misc.intern...@gmail.com

Aug 1, 2016, 4:03:21 PM8/1/16
to Maru OS dev
I was trying to look at the code and do something but too swamped now. Still, as a user, my request would be either
(a) Zenfone 2. This is x86 hardware so it would maybe allow many binary drivers to run (displaylink for one).
(b) HTC 10. This seems to work reliably (unlike LG hardware), is fast and has slimport 4K out. With a 4K output, one could hook the phone to datapath Fx4 and have a single phone drive 4 screens. With some hardware acceleration in Maru if it ever happens, this could be quite a desktop setup.

Antonius Harijanto

Aug 3, 2016, 11:26:09 AM8/3/16
to Maru OS dev
I decided to resurrect my HTC One m7, as turned out it supports HDMI over MHL. Looking forward to start working on MaruOS :)

chev droid

Aug 3, 2016, 2:15:14 PM8/3/16
to Maru OS dev
Antonius remember that Maru OS currently only supports Slimport not MHL!

But support for MHL sould be possible in future or could be tested e.g. on your M7!

And if I remember correctly most Samsung devices also only support MHL, so MHL support would be a good idea, even if Slimport is superior to MHL.

Preetam

Aug 7, 2016, 1:22:50 PM8/7/16
to Maru OS dev
I think I've implemented the HDMI stuff at a layer that abstracts the actual protocol--I just haven't had a chance to test it on MHL yet because I don't have MHL hardware. So Antonius can be the first to test out MHL! If it doesn't work, we can use the M7 to work towards supporting MHL.

Antonius Harijanto

Aug 7, 2016, 11:30:05 PM8/7/16
to Maru OS dev
Sounds great! I'll give it try

Bart Vdpt

Aug 11, 2016, 4:01:26 PM8/11/16
to Maru OS dev
Nexus 6 has no Slimport support?! Like i mentioned above after Nexus 5 no Slimport support anymore.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_Google_Nexus_smartphones
The needed SlimPort seams not so widly spread and used:
http://www.slimportconnect.com/slimport-supported-devices/

Will there come other display port technology support later on, and which one?

I am really interested in Maru Os , sorry i am not a programmer but more a designer/developer.
But if i know which device i can buy and test.

After some research seams that the HTC 10 is the only phone that has all the specs right for the real desktop experience. http://www.htc.com/us/smartphones/htc-10/
Only to expensive for me.

Preetam

Aug 11, 2016, 9:48:16 PM8/11/16
to Maru OS dev
Hi Bart,

Thanks for bringing this up and apologies for the unclear answers!

MHL should likely work without major changes to the system so you can also take a look at devices that support MHL: http://www.mhltech.org/devices.aspx

I have heard that some of the Sony devices are pretty open with their Open Devices program and a lot of them support MHL: http://developer.sonymobile.com/open-devices/

Also the full list of SlimPort devices are here: http://us.slimportconnect.com/slimport-supported-devices/

But yeah, I agree 100% Maru needs to move past wired HDMI protocols like SlimPort and MHL since it looks like Nexus is dropping support in favor of Chromecast. Wireless standards like Miracast and Chromecast can open up a lot more devices to Maru. They've been on my list for a while but I've been tied up with the open-sourcing stuff.

Chromecast is #2 on my feature TODO list so we can get Maru on the latest Nexus devices. I am fairly confident this can be done so feel free to look at Nexus 6 and beyond if you are picking up a new device!

Preetam

Bart Vdpt

Aug 13, 2016, 4:36:15 AM8/13/16
to Maru OS dev
Hi Preetam

Yes, in some post your write "only support for SlimPort". That was confusing me.
Thanks for to make this all more clear.

I will check soon all possible devices from the URL's you have posted.
Make's it more difficult to chose out of more devices. :-)
I am not a big fan to buy a Nexus.
Will follow up the Maru development and see which device is next.

For me it doesn't have to be Wireless, how will i connect my (future) phone to any computer monitor?
With a in-between device, but then it starts to get less mobile.
The best thing of MaruOS for me is that i can connect my (future) phone anywhere on almost any monitor.

Sometimes i notice that wired is more mobile then wireless, but that's another discussion.

Pity i can't help because i understand nothing of this.
And no time to learn because i work already more then full-time.
But still waiting to test.

Regards

Roma Lytvynov

Aug 21, 2016, 6:00:35 PM8/21/16
to Maru OS dev
Hi, I have LG G2 (d802) and I want testing it.
Thx.

abhiram aditya

Aug 26, 2016, 11:09:53 AM8/26/16
to Maru OS dev
Please add Samsung Note 4 device. I would like to test on it.

On Wednesday, 15 June 2016 21:48:23 UTC+5:30, chev droid wrote:
Hi devs and community!

Since there are plans for porting Maru OS to other devices, after it's Open Source and on Git, I think a Thread with a "Device Port List" would be good.

Like:

[Device] [Status] [Developpers(Leader)/Maintainers]

E.g.

[Nexus 7] [In development] [DevName1(Leader), DevName2 ...]

Also a list with helpers/testers would be a good idea I think, since a dev can do a port, but maybe don't have a device. And maybe someone has that devices but isn't able to do a port.

A Leader for each Port which is coordinating the work with the other devs could make sense in some cases.

Maru OS Device Ports:

Nexus Devices

[Nexus 5x] [planned] [Antonius] [NO Slimport & MHL Support by Hardware]

[Nexus 4] [planned] [Bojan]

[Nexus 7] [planned] [chev, ...]

[Nexus 6] [planned] [chev, ...] [NO Slimport & MHL Support by Hardware]

[Nexus 6p] [planned] [chev, ...[NO Slimport & MHL Support by Hardware]

LG Devices

[LG G2] [planned] [Craig]

Testing : Starly Solon, Roma Lytvynov

[LG G3 D855] [Planned] [Mika Beckerich]

Motorola Devices

[Motorola G 2nd Gen] [Planned] [hackersarchangel]

Samsung Devices

Sony Devices

Regards

chev

Nicolò Balzarotti

Aug 26, 2016, 11:10:20 AM8/26/16
to Maru OS dev
LG G3 D855 here, ready to tests nightly builds :)

Conor Anderson

Aug 26, 2016, 11:14:23 AM8/26/16
to Maru OS dev
I'd be interested to know how well Maru could respond to the Andromium Superbook. They've just finished their KS project.

ha...@jakoblicina.de

Aug 26, 2016, 11:32:56 AM8/26/16
to Maru OS dev
I can offer testing on Moto G 2014 Dual-SIM :)

Bart Vdpt

Aug 26, 2016, 11:56:48 AM8/26/16
to Maru OS dev
@conor: already dicussed in this post: https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!topic/maru-os/9D_TBOXKo_8
The developers from Superbook have never replied on my question about MarusOs versus Superbook.
But the developers from NexDock have replied that it (will) work(s). Have backed the SBook, so in februari '17 i can test. :-/ When it doesn't work i sell it and buy the NexDock.

ImOnLinux

Aug 26, 2016, 12:16:34 PM8/26/16
to Maru OS dev
I have a LG G2 (VS980) and would enjoy testing Maru OS on it. I am currently running Maru OS on a Nexus 5 and it is fantastic.
Message has been deleted

UnsocialSoul

Kevin Cottingham

Aug 26, 2016, 1:38:33 PM8/26/16
to Maru OS dev
Hello, I have a HTC One M7 and would be more than happy to test builds on it.

Nikil Augustine

Aug 26, 2016, 1:58:33 PM8/26/16
to Maru OS dev
i know my way around porting, i have a spare falcon device not sure if i should try porting maru to it. i had it on my n5 since the early stages.

Andrea Gallo

Aug 26, 2016, 2:28:20 PM8/26/16
to Maru OS dev
Hi! I have an LG G3 international (d855). I'm ready to test the first build but I don't know how to port it

chev droid

Aug 26, 2016, 3:00:30 PM8/26/16
to Maru OS dev
added more testers to the list.

But I think, it doesn't make sense to add testers to a device which no port is planned yet (no dev which will do a port yet). I'll add those testers to the list, when someone is doing a port for that devices.

Jason Secord

Aug 26, 2016, 3:17:16 PM8/26/16
to Maru OS dev
I have a Oneplus2 and would be willing to test builds if someone can port maru.

luis miguel ruiz

Aug 26, 2016, 5:03:57 PM8/26/16
to Maru OS dev

El viernes, 26 de agosto de 2016, 21:17:16 (UTC+2), Jason Secord escribió:
I have a Oneplus2 and would be willing to test builds if someone can port maru.

hi i had lg g2 d802 i can help for a test the device.

Janne Granström

Aug 27, 2016, 7:36:56 AM8/27/16
to Maru OS dev
Well Preetam,

You said that idea for maru OS comes when you watching a Samsung Galaxy S4 release event, and you dont even have a plan to make the rom available to that phone!

I9505 has very active rom (android) community what proves that sgs4 hardware is very capable even todays need, so bring Maru to it too! :)

pokegeaks2

Aug 27, 2016, 7:45:53 PM8/27/16
to Maru OS dev
So I have a Samsung Galaxy S4, although it's my main phone, I'd be happy to test out the OS if it's ever ported. :)

Tyler Martin

Aug 27, 2016, 10:50:13 PM8/27/16
to Maru OS dev
Hey Chev,

I'm having issues getting a kernel to compile for the Nexus 7 (grouper). Have you been able to get one compiled? Compiles fine without the additional options. Add the additional options and no go.

On Wednesday, June 15, 2016 at 12:18:23 PM UTC-4, chev droid wrote:
[...]

JB Bongrand

Aug 28, 2016, 1:38:51 AM8/28/16
to Maru OS dev
I have 3 devices:
Nexus 4
Nexus 7 2012 GSM (but can also be converted as grouper since I don't use the gsm)
LG G3 D855

They are all unlocked and running on custom rom, with TWRP and xposed intalled.
I don't use the Nexus 4 et 7 anymore, then it's perfect for test.
I can also test on my LG since it's very easy for me to restore my rom backups.
I have some knowledge in android custom rom, so I can help :)

Jason Secord

Aug 28, 2016, 4:32:38 AM8/28/16
to Maru OS dev
After some reading I've come to realize porting maru to the oneplus2 would require integrating Miracast as an alternative to MHL/Slimport... If the feature eventually makes it way into maru count me as a tester for this device, I'm eager to get involved.

chev droid

Aug 28, 2016, 4:05:48 PM8/28/16
to maru-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tyler, Hi JB

I'm working on the port for nexus 7 flo (only have this version of the N7 to test on), grouper was with LTE right or was it the 2012 version?

Unfortunately I had some problems with my dev machine, which delayed to start with the work. I haven't done much yet, hopeing get some stuff done this week.

When you try to compile and it didn't worked, what error message do you get and which "options" do you add when it won't work?

@JB Bongrand feel free to try to port to any devices, just let us know which, then I can add it to the list :)

I have N4,N5,N7 (2013), N6 and N6p, so for testing on the most Nexus devices, you can count on me. For porting I have currently the focus on N7 (2013), but if anybody wants to help, help is always welcome :)

Regards

chev

Tyler Martin

Aug 29, 2016, 11:25:41 AM8/29/16
to maru-...@googlegroups.com
Grouper is the 2012 wifi version of the Nexus 7. These are the options that I'm adding to the defconfig file.

CONFIG_CGROUP_DEVICE=y
CONFIG_CPUSETS=y
CONFIG_DEVTMPFS=y
CONFIG_DEVPTS_MULTIPLE_INSTANCES=y
CONFIG_NAMESPACES=y

Here's the error I'm getting http://pastebin.com/FdUPMcQD

EDIT: Okay. I ended up switching back to kernel source from Google and got it working. I was unable to get that to build at all before but I figured it out. Compiling a Grouper build as I type.

Preetam

Aug 29, 2016, 9:37:36 PM8/29/16
to Maru OS dev
Wow, thanks everyone for the support! With all of your help I think we can get quite a few builds going.

@Tyler You were able to get the grouper kernel to build with the Maru options? Hope so! I have noticed that some builds fail with these options because the Google patched kernel hasn't been well-tested with these options... In fact I have come across some kernel builds that have been broken with undefined references when enabling user namespaces (CONFIG_USER_NS) for example. My guess is that they weren't patched completely right... One thing you can try to do just to get a kernel build going is just disable the problematic option (CONFIG_CPUSETS from your log it looks like) and hope that LXC will just throw a warning and still start the container. Or just go with the stock kernel to bring up the device with Maru...everything will work minus the desktop stuff and then you can iterate on the kernel till it works. I'm working to try to minimize the set of additional options needed.

Tyler Martin

Aug 30, 2016, 12:54:26 AM8/30/16
to maru-...@googlegroups.com
That log was when I was trying to build a 3.4 kernel from xda. The reason I tried it is because at first I couldn't get the kernel source from Google to compile even before adding the options needed by Maru. I finally fixed it and got it to build with and without the options. I do have another issue so I'll post a few logs in the morning.

Update:

Here are the two logs.

Thanks for the help!

Lethe

Aug 30, 2016, 9:37:43 AM8/30/16
to Maru OS dev
I have a Nexus 6, would gladly test.

Preetam

Aug 31, 2016, 12:15:50 AM8/31/16
to Maru OS dev
@Tyler let's move this discussion over to a separate thread https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/maru-os-dev/zdT_qHydRXA

chev droid

Aug 31, 2016, 3:52:05 AM8/31/16
to Maru OS dev
Tyler, JB

Is it okay when I add you both for the Nexus 7 2012, as devs? Since Tyler already is working on it and JB said he could help?

Please let me know and already big THANKS!

Tomogo

Aug 31, 2016, 6:14:38 AM8/31/16
to Maru OS dev
Hi, is any chance to get Maru OS to Samsung devices GT-I9506, N9005, G900F? All of them has MHL, and Snapdragon 8xx. SO it shoul be similar device like Nexus 5.

Tyler Martin

Aug 31, 2016, 2:35:03 PM8/31/16
to Maru OS dev
Yeah. That's fine with me.

chev droid

Aug 31, 2016, 4:48:40 PM8/31/16
to Maru OS dev
Hi Tomogo

Yes it is possible, when there is a dev which is willing to do a port. Currently no dev is working on samsung devices, but with a bit luck it may changes soon :)

@Tyler added you to the list

Juan Luis

Sep 1, 2016, 12:04:36 PM9/1/16
to Maru OS dev
Hi guys!

Preetam, was looking forward to liberate the code! I'm not dev but I will try to make the port to Samsung N4 and working properly on my device it will share with the community.

I love your project!

I can not wait to leave work to check the necessary material and start working on the port

Tyler Martin

Sep 2, 2016, 12:41:00 PM9/2/16
to Maru OS dev
@chev

Can't go any further with Grouper port until we get a slimmed down linux image. I don't have a Nexus 7 2013 but I'm more than willing to start trying to port it. Should I?

chev droid

Sep 2, 2016, 12:52:48 PM9/2/16
to Maru OS dev
@Tyler

of course you can.

I'm currently also working on the port for the nexus 2013 (flo), but yes help is always good ^^

Had some errors during kernel build, but looks like more of an "not the right or all tools need for building" error.

Noel Macwan

Sep 2, 2016, 9:07:18 PM9/2/16
to Maru OS dev
[Xperia devices which has MHL support][Planned][Noel Macwan]

Tyler Martin

Sep 2, 2016, 10:06:36 PM9/2/16
to Maru OS dev
@chev

I got the kernel built and the device tree setup. Just need to try to compile.

chev droid

Sep 3, 2016, 4:49:36 AM9/3/16
to Maru OS dev
Thanks Noel, added you to the list. (Will add device specific names, when first builds are up)

Okay nice to hear Tyler, I'll give it also another try today, when the sources are downloaded again (my slow internet connection gives me cancer)

Stefan

Sep 3, 2016, 5:09:44 AM9/3/16
</