Source code for hammerhead (Nexus 5) is up!

Preetam

Jul 12, 2016, 10:55:49 PM7/12/16
to Maru OS dev
Hey guys,

The Maru OS hammerhead device repo is now available:

https://github.com/maruos/android_device_lge_hammerhead

If you're interested in doing a port, you will have to provide a similar repository for your chosen device, so you can use this repo as a reference. It basically boils down to creating a boilerplate maru_<device>.mk file in the root of the device repository (this will call into device-agnostic configuration in Maru's vendor directory), and making sure it is added as a product in AndroidProducts.mk. The goal is to try to keep most of the Maru-specific stuff in a vendor directory so it's split out from the rest of the project to make it easier for pulling in changes from upstream AOSP.

Again, I'll put up a more detailed guide with all of this info on the wiki, but just a heads up if you're interested in how to get started.

Preetam

chev droid

Jul 13, 2016, 3:40:08 PM7/13/16
to Maru OS dev
Cool, nice to hear.

Happy to see the first ports comming! I'll also start looking into porting by tomorrow.

Preetam

Jul 13, 2016, 4:58:27 PM7/13/16
to Maru OS dev
Thanks chev!

Preetam

Jul 14, 2016, 10:15:16 PM7/14/16
to Maru OS dev
The code for the vendor directory mentioned above is now available on GitHub:

https://github.com/maruos/vendor_maruos

This is for hardware-agnostic customizations so that device ports can just reference these files instead of copy/pasting a lot of stuff.

Just a feeeew more repos left before you can pull everything down and do your own builds!