Mailplane 2.1.1 preview

Ruben Bakker

Nov 24, 2009, 11:47:01 AM11/24/09
to mailplaneapp
I just noticed some problems with Google Gears and the attachment uploader.
Good news: "Offline Gmail" (0.4) now supports attachment uploading while offline!
When available, Gmail uses Google Gears instead of Flash to upload the files.
The upcoming Mailplane 2.1.1 will support it, of course.

Some users also reported problems with the latest Flash 10.1 beta version (crashes when attaching files).
This problems will be fixed too.

If you like to test both improvements today, here's the latest build:

Any feedback is very much appreciated, just reply to this thread.

Ruben Bakker // uncomplex gmbh // Switzerland // mailplaneapp.com // twitter

LeviFig

Nov 24, 2009, 6:42:43 PM11/24/09
to mailplaneapp
Apparently, this change broke attachments on the current stable
version of Mailplane... :o

On Nov 24, 4:47 pm, Ruben Bakker <ru...@mailplaneapp.com> wrote:
> I just noticed some problems with Google Gears and the attachment uploader.
> Good news: "Offline Gmail" (0.4) now supports attachment uploading while
> offline!
> When available, Gmail uses Google Gears instead of Flash to upload the
> files.
> The upcoming Mailplane 2.1.1 will support it, of course.
>
> Some users also reported problems with the latest Flash 10.1 beta version
> (crashes when attaching files).
> This problems will be fixed too.
>
> If you like to test both improvements today, here's the latest build:
> *http://bit.ly/58P4c5*
> *
> *
> Any feedback is very much appreciated, just reply to this thread.
>
>  Ruben Bakker // uncomplex gmbh // Switzerland // mailplaneapp.com //
> twitter <http://www.twitter.com/Mailplane>

Ruben Bakker

Nov 25, 2009, 11:32:15 AM11/25/09
to mailplaneapp
Yes. Did the preview version above solve the issues?

Levi Figueira

Nov 25, 2009, 11:56:06 AM11/25/09
to mailpl...@googlegroups.com
Apparently it did! But I have Offline Gmail disabled right now (which itself took a few app restarts to really get in place). I had some important emails to send and it was taking ages to finish the sync!
I'll try reactivating Offline Gmail soon.

Thank you for your reply.

~Levi Figueira

_______________________________________
mobile PT. +351 96 494 1080
mobile US. +1 (515) 966-4344
web. http://levifig.com
gtalk. me (at_ levifig.com)
skype. levifig
twitter. @levifig

Ruben Bakker

Nov 25, 2009, 11:58:57 AM11/25/09
to mailplaneapp
Here's a new 2.1.1 preview version:

Changes so far:
  • NEW: Support for Flash 10.1 beta
  • NEW: Support for Offline Gmail and attachment uploading while offline.
  • CHANGED: Mailplane checks for if cookies can be stored and will tell user about a incompatible system setting.
  • IMPROVED: Auto-BCC automatically shows the BCC field. mailto: URLs and AppleScript automatically get the Auto-BCC field.
  • FIX: Preferences > Tweak UI > Custom Stylesheet wasn't applied to the rich text.
  • FIX: Auto-BCC didn't work when replying.
  • FIX: When put in a folder containing a slash '/' in its name, Mailplane wouldn't start up.
  • FIX: Unread message counter didn't work with "Right side chat" lab feature.
  • FIX: Spaces in email address could lead to notification problems.

Levi Figueira

Nov 25, 2009, 12:37:26 PM11/25/09
to mailplaneapp
Ya, I read that! Furthermore, Offline mode is now activated and seems to be working just fine! :)

Thank you

~Levi Figueira

_______________________________________

web. http://levifig.com
gtalk. me (at_ levifig.com)
skype. levifig
twitter. @levifig

LeviFig

Nov 25, 2009, 3:18:20 PM11/25/09
to mailplaneapp
Still having *MAJOR* issues with Mailplane. I keep getting the "Still
working" and no mails are sent as soon as I activate the offline gmail
(from GMail's own icon, not MP's).

:(

Alan Schmitt

Nov 26, 2009, 2:39:09 AM11/26/09
to mailplaneapp
I was finding the previous version (and the current stable 2.1
version) working very badly with offline mode (it would just keep
synchronizing but not do anything), and I had to reload often.

This version seems to be working much better.

Thanks,

Alan

mkron

Nov 26, 2009, 11:05:25 PM11/26/09
to mailplaneapp
This 2.1.1 seems to be working fine for we, without the hanging I had
with the official 2.1

Thanks

On Nov 25, 8:58 am, Ruben Bakker <ru...@mailplaneapp.com> wrote:
> Here's a new 2.1.1 preview version:http://assets.mailplaneapp.com/previews/Mailplane_1239-7.tbz
>
> Changes so far:
>
>    - NEW: Support for Flash 10.1 beta
>    - NEW: Support for Offline Gmail and attachment uploading while offline.
>    - CHANGED: Mailplane checks for if cookies can be stored and will tell
>    user about a incompatible system setting.
>    - IMPROVED: Auto-BCC automatically shows the BCC field. mailto: URLs and
>    AppleScript automatically get the Auto-BCC field.
>    - FIX: *Preferences > Tweak UI > Custom Stylesheet* wasn't applied to the
>    rich text.
>    - FIX: Auto-BCC didn't work when replying.
>    - FIX: When put in a folder containing a slash '/' in its name, Mailplane
>    wouldn't start up.
>    - FIX: Unread message counter didn't work with "Right side chat" lab
>    feature.
>    - FIX: Spaces in email address could lead to notification problems.
> >> .
> >> For more options, visit this group at
> >>http://groups.google.com/group/mailplaneapp?hl=en.
>
> >  Ruben Bakker // uncomplex gmbh // Switzerland // mailplaneapp.com //
> > twitter <http://www.twitter.com/Mailplane>

Ruben Bakker

Nov 27, 2009, 10:53:24 AM11/27/09
to mailplaneapp
Here's a new preview version. It fixes the crash when loading your inbox or resetting the Gmail session: