Adobe alchemy required to use lua-alchemy?

Chriss

Feb 10, 2012, 4:49:12 AM2/10/12
to lua-alchemy-dev
Hi,

I'm new to lua-alchemy and sadly I have problems using it.
In the past I used lua within C++ applications and for a future
project I have to use ist for an Air application.

I tried your demo application and it worked very well.

To use lua with my Flex Builder3 I added lua-alchemy-0.3.swc to my
librarys (option: "Merged into code").
The I importet the main class LuaAlchemy from the package luaAlchemy;

Now when I try to set a var for a new LuaAlchemy Object the compilers
throws the error: " ... unknown constant 'CLibInit'", which I found in
the source of lua-alchemy.

Searching on google showed that CLibInit is a class of Adobe alchemy
that I don't use.

So my question: Do I need to have Adobe alchemy installed to use lua-
alchemy?

Here a little Programm that already crashs on compilation:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<mx:WindowedApplication xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml"
layout="absolute" applicationComplete="initApp()">
<mx:Script>
<![CDATA[
import luaAlchemy.LuaAlchemy;

public function initApp():void {
var lua:LuaAlchemy;// = new LuaAlchemy();

}

]]>
</mx:Script>
</mx:WindowedApplication>

Thanks for your help.

Regards Chriss

Alexander Gladysh

Feb 10, 2012, 6:43:22 AM2/10/12
to lua-alc...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Chriss,

Thank you for your interest with Lua Alchemy.

Everything is compiled into the swc, you do not need Adobe Alchemy.
This little demo may be helpful to you:
http://groups.google.com/group/lua-alchemy-dev/msg/0a959a83701f6649

Please check it out. If it does not help and/or you have further
questions, please do not hesitate to ask here, I will try to help.

HTH,
Alexander.

P.S. Still have to put it somewhere more visible — if someone (Bobby?)
does that for me (i.e. on GitHub or on Wiki), I will appreciate...
Shame on me for not doing that to this day, but I still have too much
on my hands. :-(