How to get started

Norman Paniagua

Oct 3, 2011, 2:14:45 PM10/3/11
to lua-alchemy-dev
I'm having trouble to get running the demo, I just create a new
project with the LuaAlchemyDemo, but when I compile it to the flash
player i get errors that some mx libraries not found. Witch version of
flex i need to use?

Try to use with 4.5.1 on Flash Builder on Mac OS Lion 10.7

Alexander Gladysh

Oct 3, 2011, 3:26:11 PM10/3/11
to lua-alc...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Thank you for the interest to the Lua Alchemy project!

It should work.

Please paste diagnostics here.

Alexander.

Norman Paniagua

Oct 10, 2011, 5:52:01 PM10/10/11
to lua-alchemy-dev
I get it work, but no the flex demos, I just dont undestand well how
import to flash builder, maybe Im doing some step wrong.

Thanks for the reply.

Do you integrate lua-alchemy on your projects?

I just like the idea because one of my favorite game its using it
(wow) and want to experiment with it on some of my as3 games (just
casual games) but i like the idea of use something new and maybe in
the future it will be really usefull

;)

On Oct 3, 4:26 pm, Alexander Gladysh <aglad...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Thank you for the interest to the Lua Alchemy project!

Alexander Gladysh

Oct 12, 2011, 4:04:34 AM10/12/11
to lua-alc...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 01:52, Norman Paniagua <normanp...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I get it work, but no the flex demos, I just dont undestand well how
> import to flash builder, maybe Im doing some step wrong.

I can't help you here, unfortunately, because I never used Flash Builder.

But if you will describe your problem in more details, maybe someone
on the list will help you.

As an alternative, consider posting a question on StackOverflow.com
(post here a link then).

> Thanks for the reply.

You're welcome!

> Do you integrate lua-alchemy on your projects?

Well, I'm one of authors :)

> I just like the idea because one of my favorite game its using it
> (wow)

WoW uses Lua, not Lua Alchemy (I wish!).

> and want to experiment with it on some of my as3 games (just
> casual games) but i like the idea of use something new and maybe in
> the future it will be really usefull

You may find this Lua Alchemy + Flixel demo interesting then:

https://github.com/lua-alchemy/lua-alchemy/tree/master/demo/EZPlatformer

Alexander.

Bobby Parker

Oct 12, 2011, 7:39:40 AM10/12/11
to lua-alc...@googlegroups.com
To "import to Flash Builder", as you put it, you need to create a
folder in your source directory (if it doesn't already exist) called
"libs". Copy the lua-alchemy .swc here.

Open your project properties and go to Flex Build Path. Click on the
"Library Path" path, and then click "Add SWC Folder", then navigate to
your new libs folder and add it to the list. The link type should be
"merged into code".

Once you've done that, apply your changes, then try importing lua into
a component by using: import luaAlchemy.LuaAlchemy; and if all went
well then you should be ready to work with it.

Bobby

--
Bobby Parker
sh0r...@gmail.com

Alexander Gladysh

Oct 12, 2011, 7:40:11 AM10/12/11
to lua-alc...@googlegroups.com
Bobby, thank you very much for the help!

Alexander.

Bobby Parker

Oct 12, 2011, 11:45:36 AM10/12/11
to lua-alc...@googlegroups.com
For everyone using Adobe Flash Builder with AIR, here's an example
project I put together that includes some initialization libraries
with lua coroutine yield/resume support and a bit of a complex
metatable library. Standard Flex can be used by removing the
AIR-specific file loading functions in the luaCore.as file....there's
some support for loading data via URLLoaders (and the lua core will
wait for that data to load).

There are 3 script files in src/runtime_assets/Scripts/. libLUA.lua
contains a set of global functions and vars created to support
yielding/resuming across the lua->as3 boundary and back, support for
an argument collector (see the "promptSample.lua" file...copy that
into the text window of the main.mxml file), and support for sleep,
asking yes or no, and alert prompts.

Lua-AlchemyPort.fxp

Alexander Gladysh

Oct 28, 2011, 1:37:19 PM10/28/11
to lua-alc...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Bobby!

Thank you for your help!

Do you mind if I put this file on a project Wiki?

Alexander.

Bobby Parker

Oct 28, 2011, 2:50:40 PM10/28/11
to lua-alc...@googlegroups.com