omit syncing of directory structure

Tobi Arndt

Oct 4, 2019, 5:12:59 PM10/4/19
to lsyncd

I would like to sync all xml files found in an directory structure with about three levels of subdirectories. The naming of these files are all unique. What I would like to achieve for the destination is that all files should be placed in the destination ( let's say the root directory ) without creating the subdirectories.. I already tried different combinations with rsync parameters like --no-relative or using --files-from but none of these ways lead to a solution for me.

Any pointers are highly appreciated.

Thanks !

lsyncd 2.1.5-2
rsync 3.1.1
Ubuntu 16.04 LTS

Jeremey Wise

Oct 6, 2019, 8:41:50 AM10/6/19
to lsy...@googlegroups.com

Unfortunately I put that project on hold as no three way "time of file change" based sync tool works.

What this needs I think is use of a backup tool which thinks of files and file revisions,  copies and placement of copies into different media locations.

What I have not noodled out is how to get that to work between three systems with source storage location being SMB (which is in essence a mount point.

Push and Pull being the main issue.