How to tell lsyncd to ignore folders/files that start with a .

overpelt

Mar 2, 2020, 6:27:10 PM3/2/20
to lsyncd
Hi,

I am running lsyncd 2.2.3 on CentOS 7.

This is my lsyncd.conf file:

settings {
        logfile = "/var/log/lsyncd/lsyncd.log",
        statusFile = "/var/log/lsyncd/lsyncd.status",
}
sync { dbsync,
       source="/raid/test",
       delay = 5,
       maxProcesses = 10,
       onCreate = "/opt/scripts/create_lsync_script.sh ^sourcePathname",
       onModify = "/opt/scripts/create_lsync_script.sh ^sourcePathname",
       onDelete = "/opt/scripts/delete_lsync_script.sh ^sourcePathname",
       onMove   = "/opt/scripts/move_lsync_script.sh ^sourcePathname",
}

This is working well, the problem is that I have a lot of hidden folders and files in the /raid/test volume, I need those to be there and they get created on the fly when new files are added.

Is there a way for lsyncd to ignore these and not pass them to my scripts.

lsyncd has a new feature called filter and filterFrom but I can not seem to use that in the above config.

Thanks!