Volunteersfor Amateur Radio Course [Fwd: Re: London Hackspace]

Alec Wright

Aug 28, 2011, 3:11:28 PM8/28/11
to London Hackspace, cepm...@yahoo.co.uk, g4...@hotmail.com, Mark Stanhope
Alex,

I hope you have had a great summer.  As promised, I am back and preparing for the Foundation Course.  I have attached a proposed schedule for 10th and 17th September.  Note that normally, we allow 2 hours for each lesson session in the attached.  There is a total of 22 powerpoint files, but in a dry run through, I reckon with a knowledgeable audience, it should fit into about 5 hours of lecturing, plus the practicals, so 2 full half-day sessions should do it!

I will need some help!  I will need someone who can do morse code (currently scheduled for half-way through the first day, but this is fully flexible).  Send and receive.  I know you have some people who can do that.  I will also need someone to do be the other person for the HF and VHF QSO tests.  Provided this is done after some technical basics, that should work.  I have it pencilled in for tail end of the first day to split up the day, but ideally it would be after Tx/Rx, which I have down for first thing on the second day.  Again, this is flexible.  It would work to have all talk on the first day, then practicals on the second day.  Having all the practicals on the first day will not work. Hope that makes sense and allows for some flexibility on available resources.

Due to the way the RSGB exams work, taking all the exam requests on 10th September means the earliest weekend date we can hit is 1st October.

On 12 July 2011 16:38, Alec Wright <ale...@member.fsf.org> wrote:
On Tue, 2011-07-12 at 15:33 +0100, Chris Driver wrote:
> Hi Alex,
>
> Yes I am. Timing depends on work. Thought I would give you a call when I arrive & we can work out exactly where to meet. I am aiming to be there 6.45 - all being well.
>
> Does that work for you?
>

> Chris
That sound fine, see you then!

Foundation Sept 2011 v0.1.xls
foundation.ods
signature.asc

Paul Dart

Aug 29, 2011, 6:00:34 AM8/29/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com

Do we have a list of punters yet?

Paul

On 28 Aug 2011 20:11, "Alec Wright" <ale...@member.fsf.org> wrote:

Anyone else interested in helping out?

I've attached the lesson plan which Chris sent me.

Tweaker

Aug 29, 2011, 6:10:51 PM8/29/11
to London Hackspace
OkOk,
I can help out with the Morse code.

Got to 16 WPM or thereabouts back in the days,which should be adequate
for this mission.

Tom