figure links go to the bottom?

Gojko Adzic

Feb 17, 2019, 8:39:29 PM2/17/19
to leanpub
Hi,

Just double-checking that I'm not doing something stupid. I'm marking up screenshots with IDs so I can refer to them easily later in the text, such as this

{#figure-6-5}
![Figure 6.5: The `httpMethod` field in an API Gateway Lambda Proxy event contains the HTTP method of the request.](images/ch6/http-method.png)

But when I use a link later like this [Figure 6.5](#figure-6-5), the link seems to take readers after the caption  of the screenshot in the PDF (so to a paragraph following an image, the image is just above the scroll on the screen so it's not actually visible.

Am I doing something obviously stupid here, or is this a bug? I assumed that the link would show the image on the screen, not position it immediately above the scroll fold.

gojko

Len Epp

Feb 19, 2019, 12:58:50 PM2/19/19
to lea...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gojko,

I tested this in PDF, EPUB, and MOBI in a test book made from your manuscript, and initially I couldn't reproduce it. I then realized that in a PDF, in Preview on my Mac, if the PDF is in "Continuous Scroll" rather than "Single Page" mode, I could reproduce this. I will note the issue for the team, though I'm not sure when someone will be able to look into it, sorry about that.

Kind Regards,

Len

Len Epp
Co-founder, Leanpub
@lenepp

Gojko Adzic

Feb 19, 2019, 5:10:43 PM2/19/19
to leanpub
Hi,

It's PDF only, sorry for not making this clear. For me it happens both in the Adobe Acrobat reader and Preview on a mac.