Krusader Newsletter: Volume 5, Number 1, 14 January 2009

Frank Schoolmeesters

Jan 14, 2009, 2:20:47 AM1/14/09
to krusad...@googlegroups.com

Krusader Newsletter, 14 January 2009

http://krusader.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=2207

(c) 2005-2009 by The Krusader Krew, All Rights Reserved

Welcome to the first Krusader Newsletter of 2009 with news, views and
information about recent developments and ongoing issues in the
Krusader project. Our aim is to inform of recent developments, give a
preview of upcoming features and to give our loyal users a direct line
to the Krusader Krew.

Krusader 2.0.0-beta2 Space Odyssey" released
Krusader 2.0.0-beta2 is the second Krusader-beta for KDE4 [1]. If
debugging goes well the next release will be the stable release.
Please test and send us bug-reports. Thanks!
The highlights are: all source code is ported to kDE4, the long
awaited queue manager, five different sorting methods, predefined
mouse selection modes, many bug-fixes.
This is also the first release that comes with experimental support
for the Windows platform. Who thought that day would ever come?

1. http://krusader.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=2189

Please send us your translations for Krusader-2.0.0
BTW, the Bosnian and Japanese language aren't updated anymore for quite a while

2. http://krusader.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=2194
3. http://groups.google.com/group/krusader-i18n/browse_thread/thread/6ad5f753368467cb

Historical first Windows binary for Krusader ever !
The first Windows binary krusader-2.0.0-beta2-windows-kde412.zip for
Krusader ever is available for download [4] !
This Krusader Windows version is not yet as powerful as the *nix
version, some KDE functionality that Krusader uses doesn't work yet on
Windows and some Krusader functions needs to be modified as well.
But all basic file managment functions do work!

The Windows binary is less stable compared to the *nix binary. In our
bug tracker a new category "kde-windows port" is created [5] for
reporting specific problems that are only present in the Krusader
Windows binary.
Please send us feedback so that we can improve the Windows port of
Krusader, Thanks!

4. http://krusader.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=2191
5. http://sourceforge.net/tracker2/?func=detail&aid=2490951&group_id=6488&atid=106488

Krusader Mac port with macports.org
macports.org [6] [7] is used now for the Krusader Mac port. A Portfile
[8] [9] is now provided for Krusader-2.0.0-beta2.
For more instructions read the next tread on krusader-devel [10].

6. http://krusader.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=2196
7. http://www.macports.org/
8. http://trac.macports.org/ticket/17731
9. http://trac.macports.org/attachment/ticket/17731/Portfile.2
10. http://groups.google.com/group/krusader-devel/browse_thread/thread/d81ae64f8583f6d8

Krusader - One of the Better File Browsers
Bright Hub published an article describing the advantages of Krusader
[11]. Read more about it on their website [12].

11. http://krusader.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=2166
12. http://www.brighthub.com/computing/linux/reviews/9699.aspx

Freesoftwaremagazine.com-one file manager to rule them all !
Gary Richmond explains why Krusader rules [13] [14] !

13. http://krusader.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=2158
14. http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/columns/krusader_one_file_manager_rule_them_all

Help and feedback
**********************
Here you get a chance to contribute to the Krusader project. Some
things need to be done, but can't be done by us. Help, feedback, and
contributions are always welcome. If you feel you can help, please
follow this link [15]. Thank you! If you have a topic for Krusader
news, please contact Frank. Your feedback on this newsletter and
future newsletters will be appreciated.

15. http://krusader.org/phpBB/posting.php

Thanks for reading. If you have any ideas to improve Krusader, feel
free to let us know. We do it all, for you....

Kind regards,

Krusader Krew