Need Someone to test SOFTWARE solution to eliminate proprietary filament dependencies

Ron Konkoma

Oct 1, 2014, 10:35:55 AM10/1/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I'm looking for someone to test the attached app (CodeX) to see if it works to remove filament dependencies from CubeX encrypted files when using newer firmware versions (v1.08+) which wont accept BFB files..

--------------------------------------->

CodeX: CubeX companion tool - Decodes, Encodes, and HOPEFULLY Removes Filament Dependencies

Both 32-Bit and 64-Bit versions included...

Functions:
    DECODE: Take a native *.CUBEX file and DECODE it into an ASCII text G-Code (BFB) file.
    ENCODE: Take a *.BFB G-Code file and ENCODE it into a native *.CUBEX file.
    RECODE: Take a native *.CUBEX File, decode it, strip out filament directives in the header, and then RECODE it back into a *.CUBEX file.

The RECODE function also leaves behind a couple of temporary BFB files for your "enjoyment".
For example, if RECODING an input file named TEST.CUBEX:
    TEST_ORIG.BFB: Decoded Original File
    TEST_CLEAN.BFB: Decoded Original File with all "^" directives (except "Firmware...") stripped out
    TEST_CLEAN.CUBEX: Recoded File without Filament Directives

Can be run as a Windowed App or Command Line Post Processor.
Command Line Syntax:  CODEX [ENCODE | DECODE | RECODE] [Input File Name] [Output File Name]

So, if you're starting with a native *.CUBEX file - RECODE it to remove proprietary filament dependencies...

and, if your starting with a Kisslicer/Cubit BFB file - ENCODE it to print with newer "non-bfb-compliant" firmware (1.08)...

------------------------------------->

I've tested the ENCODE and DECODE function extensively, but I do not have v1.08 firmware to test on my printer (and will not until we get a suitable workaround for the filament dilemma).

If you want to test specific manual edits in the print file, you can simply use the ENCODE/DECODE functions independently...

The RECODE function simply removes all header directives (except the ^Firmware line).  In fact, any line beginning with "^" is stripped before encoding.  Although I've seen some of these later in the file (^Layer Time), I don't think they are meaningful.  If my "post-processing" logic needs a little more intelligence, please let me know (via this forum) and I'll update the code...
CodeX.zip

giovanni.v

Oct 1, 2014, 11:42:15 AM10/1/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Yeah !!! Fantastic news for Cubepro users !!!
Do you know if the small Cube and Cube2 ... use the same encoding system ?

Ron Konkoma

Oct 1, 2014, 12:23:22 PM10/1/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I would GUESS so...

Easy enough to test by DECODING a Native CUBEX output file and see if its readable...

Alex Marcoux

Oct 1, 2014, 12:41:22 PM10/1/14
Just tested decode on a .cubepro file and it doesn't decode properly. Just outputs a bfb with different but equally cryptic data inside.

It dawned on me that I should maybe try some basic tests like opening a cubex file built in the CubeX software in the CubePro software since it apparently allows opening cubex files. Guess what happened? The CubePro software doesn't seem to be able to read it properly lol. Shows absolutely nothing. No model and no properties of the model. I tried saving the cubex file as a cubepro one but it seems to just rename the cubex file to .cubepro. Very sad. I guess I could see if the renamed cubex file will print in my CubePro Duo.

Ron Konkoma

Oct 1, 2014, 12:53:32 PM10/1/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Does the CubePro use the same CubeX.exe software as the CubeX?

I didn't write the tool for the CubePro (as I have a CubeX), so I'm unsure of what the native tool is used to slice the model.  It doesn't appear the CUBEX.EXE software has the ability to select CubePro for output...

Alex Marcoux

Oct 1, 2014, 1:12:33 PM10/1/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
No it use another piece of software called CubePro.exe. The interface looks of the two programs are almost 100% identical but it seems like the generated cubepro files are not compatible with cubex. The new CubePro software claims it can open .bfb, .bfbe, .cube, .cubex, .cubepro and .build files. So far when I tried to opening .bfb or .cubex files it just displays nothing or crashes CubePro.

Ron Konkoma

Oct 1, 2014, 1:19:30 PM10/1/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Maybe if I can get a hold of that software I can try to add the functionality for CubePro files as well...

Is there somewhere I can download it?

giovanni.v

Oct 1, 2014, 1:35:34 PM10/1/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
The software produces cubepro files, you may find one attached.
I've tried to rename it to cubex and run your software but the bfb is not readable, the encoding key is not the same :-(

I've done the same with the soft for the Cube3 and same result, file attached.
cyl30x10.cubepro
cyl30x10_1.cube3
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Ron Konkoma

Oct 1, 2014, 1:44:03 PM10/1/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
If you're using a different slicer than CUBEX.EXE, the output file encoding may be different.

If someone can post, or point to a download of your slicer, then maybe we can do something...

giovanni.v

Oct 1, 2014, 1:56:39 PM10/1/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
click on download software :

Alex Marcoux

Oct 1, 2014, 2:31:24 PM10/1/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Just tested out a cubex file on the CubePro Duo. It made the printer reboot lol

Ron Konkoma

Oct 1, 2014, 3:58:01 PM10/1/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
OK - Lets first check if this is working with native CUBEX files - then we can worry about CubePro files...

Alex Marcoux

Oct 2, 2014, 5:51:38 PM10/2/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I tried taking a few KISSlicer bfb files and encoded them and they all seemed to work in the CubeX software. Unfortunately I don't have a CubeX printer to actually test the files though.

Steve Martin

Oct 3, 2014, 10:23:07 AM10/3/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I'll be happy to try it out as you make progress.  We have two CubePro Trio and would love to expand our capabilities.

Ron Konkoma

Oct 3, 2014, 12:45:40 PM10/3/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I have a CubeX printer so I have written CodeX to work in that environment.  I don't have a CubePro, but once folks confirm everything is working properly with the CubeX, then we can see what can be done about the CubePro...

Right now, I would like to hear back from folks with the CubeX environment to confirm Encode/Decode/Recode functions are working OK for them.  Particularly with those folks running the 1.08 firmware which has eliminated BFB file compatibility.  CodeX should eliminate filament declarations in the header file as the print file is RECODED.  I really want to hear from someone who can test if then can run their Cubex Printer, with 1.08 firmware, with generic filament, by using CodeX to RECODE their print files...

Once we get that all confirmed, or updated, etc - then I can try working on a CubePro solution/variant...

Affonso Orciuoli - RBFD

Oct 3, 2014, 6:14:16 PM10/3/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com

Dears,

Besides the kisslicer, my favourite 3dslicer software, here in Brasil a lot of people are complaining about the CubeX. May I have some feedback?

Also, I will start to work with double filament soon (especially interested in water soluble supports), and could be interesting to have some feedback from the group

Tks for your time. Actually, I work with a FelixPrinter.

Greatings for all

arq. prof. Affonso Orciuoli

orci...@gmail.com

www.rbfd.com.br

phones: Brasil + 11 950 235 112, Spain + 34 691 550 280

whatsapp: + 55 11 950 235 112

Skype: orciuoli

PenskeGuy

Oct 4, 2014, 12:31:52 AM10/4/14
On Friday, October 3, 2014 9:45:40 AM UTC-7, Ron Konkoma wrote:
Particularly with those folks running the 1.08 firmware which has eliminated BFB file compatibility.

Wow. Those clowns are really paranoid.... Someone should go hit them with a Clue Stick.... multiple times.

giovanni.v

Oct 4, 2014, 3:13:12 AM10/4/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I've downloaded the latest version of Cubex software, it still creates files with the 1.07 Firmware code, are you sure the 1.08 firmware for Cubex exist ?
The 1.08+ is loaded into the Cube Pro.

Russ Baldinger

Oct 6, 2014, 12:57:15 PM10/6/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I tried recoding a Cubex file but when I attempted to print on my CubeX (V1.07) I recieved a "File is protected" error.

Ron Konkoma

Oct 6, 2014, 4:59:54 PM10/6/14

On Monday, October 6, 2014 11:57:15 AM UTC-5, Russ Baldinger wrote:
I tried recoding a Cubex file but when I attempted to print on my CubeX (V1.07) I recieved a "File is protected" error.

Ok - lets try it in two steps...

1.  Slice your file with the CubeX software and then DECODE it with CodeX into BFB format..

...examine the BFB output file and check to see if it appears to have been decoded properly. then...

2.  ENCODE the BFB file back into CubeX format using CodeX and see if it will print...

Ron Konkoma

Oct 7, 2014, 12:41:49 PM10/7/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I think I got the CubePro functionality implemented.  Creating a new thread with better title...