Anyone seeing a false positive from AVG virus scanner with current release from the KS web site?

Robert Eaton

May 12, 2014, 9:50:28 AM5/12/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com

A fellow over on the Leapfrog forum is trying KS and said this happened to him.
He said AVG flagged and deleted it.

I don't use AVG myself.

Mrs. Lonesock

May 14, 2014, 5:36:00 PM5/14/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
well that's weird!  I'll ask Jonathan if he has any insights.  Thanks!   (was this the website or the actual program?)

Robert Eaton

May 14, 2014, 6:16:46 PM5/14/14
It sounds like this guy got it up and running so I wouldn't waste any time on it if nobody else reports the issue. (It was the program.)

I had this happen with my own software once (using Avast). A string of bytes happens to match the virus signature they were using in their search routine. I emailed support and it was fixed in the next day's virus definition update.

Thanks,
Bob

Joseph Chiu

Robert Eaton

Mrs. Lonesock

May 14, 2014, 6:45:34 PM5/14/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com, Robert Eaton, joe...@joechiu.com
ok, thanks. :)

PenskeGuy

Jun 4, 2014, 1:56:24 AM6/4/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
AVG has problems with a lot of software. Isn't compatible with LightWave at all. Steady stream of users posting the same issues about how LightWave is buggy. When queried about what AV software they are using, because their description of the issue looks all too familiar, we suggest that they get a better AV/firewall.