glass plate for flashforge pro

Diane z

Sep 2, 2014, 10:10:33 AM9/2/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
is it wise to get a glass plate for my machine? I am receiving the machine any day now. it is a flashforge pro thank you.

Bo Herrmannsen

Sep 2, 2014, 11:59:56 AM9/2/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
it depends on what matrial you plan to use.... I use a heated bed on my mendel90 and have just placed a ikea mirror on top of the heated plate

the alu backing of the mirror serves to spread the heat more evenly

the cost of a heated bed is very little so why not have the option?

is it wise to get a glass plate for my machine? I am receiving the machine any day now. it is a flashforge pro thank you.

               @(~Ô^Ô~)@
-------------oOo---U---oOo-------------
|                                     |
|  Bo Herrmannsen                     |
|                                     |
|                                     |
| "blessed are the "cracked",         |
|  for its they who let in the light" |
|                         Ooo         |
|_________________ooO____(   )________|
                 (   )    ) /
                  \ (    (_/
                   \_)

Diane z

Sep 9, 2014, 12:45:40 PM9/9/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
do you know if I just put the glass right over the HBP as it has kepton tape already attached.

Jorge F

Sep 17, 2014, 10:34:16 AM9/17/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi, i'm not an expert but i have heated plate plus tempered glass (for safety) and it really rules the plastic stick perfect, no raft needed, just direct printing an when the glass gets cold after printing you have auto remove because the shrinking of the abs. I use temp about 110ºC but i have a aluminium plate and resistors with external temperature control.

Jorge F

Sep 17, 2014, 10:35:42 AM9/17/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
also i do not have to use blue tape anymore.

Isaac Thompson

Sep 17, 2014, 3:32:20 PM9/17/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
i started using glass and would NEVER go back. i don't have heated build plate, but printing with PLA is super easy now, just apply gluestick and hit print. once you get a good layer of glue built up it really easy to use, and you can get quite a few prints without having to apply new glue. and if it starts looking worn down just add some glue in teh places that look like they have been well used.

Frank Fisk

Oct 8, 2014, 6:28:47 PM10/8/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Print IN Z has a flexible plate that I've used on my MB2 for 5 months, no tape no glue, I highly recommend it. I've been able to use the same side the entire time. Prints are easily pulled off.  I just ordered a 300x300mm plate for my CubeX Duo which has just the unheated glass bed..  I'm sure it will perform just a good.

On Tuesday, September 2, 2014 8:10:33 AM UTC-6, Diane z wrote:
is it wise to get a glass plate for my machine? I am receivg the machine any day now. it is a flashforge pro thank you.

Frank Fisk

Oct 10, 2014, 8:51:41 AM10/10/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I would but it depends on what material you plan to use. I use PLA on my CubeX duo. I have Glass plate and printinz 300x300 build plate. Works as promised. Did you decide to dump you're CubeX or are you sticking it out. With a little modification it prints far better than my HEAVILY MODIFIED 0.05 capable MB2. Just not as fast.

Frank Fisk

Oct 10, 2014, 8:51:43 AM10/10/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com