Kisslicer Cubex Duo OSX Help.

Shaun Hamontree

Apr 8, 2014, 4:31:58 PM4/8/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I had a system drive fail on me and before i could retrieve my time capsule backup, a lightning storm fried my TC. Hell comes in twos i guess.
Anyways, I was wondering if anyone could pass me the most current settings for Kisslicer. I don't have my backups anymore and have resorted to old threads combined with Peters latest Cubeit.
Now, I'm getting file verify errors. I'm wondering if the additional code I put in Kisslicer is old, since it changed here and there over the last few months.

The errors might not be related to this, but I would still appreciate any help in being up to date with my Kisslicer stuff. I do own a PRO key for Kisslicer and am using the version downloaded from the site.

Cheers and thanks very much

Shaun

Steven

Apr 8, 2014, 10:10:48 PM4/8/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
You can use the attached to run your Cubex without a post-processor such as cubit or cubitmod.  In the styles tab leave "De-String" unchecked.  The destring lines are in the ptr-gcode tab.
You may need to adjust the bed center to match your machine.

Enjoy

Steven

_supports.ini
_materials.ini
_printers.ini
_styles.ini

Peter Gregory

Apr 9, 2014, 1:10:39 PM4/9/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Here are my settings using CubeItNet:

Style tab: (For Cubex Filament)
Skin Thickness: 1
Number of Loops: 2
Stacked Sparse Infill: 1
Inset Surface: 0
Extrusion Width: 0.4
Infill Extrusion Width: 0.4
Layer Thickness: 0.02
Loops go from Inside to Perimeter: Checked
Infill: 10%
Infill Style: Octagonal
Use M227: Checked
Seam Hiding: 1.0
Jitter: 0

Support:
Depends on build

Material:
PLA - Cubex
Diameter: 1.6
Main: 205
First Layer: 220
Keep Warm: 150
Solid%: 90
M227P: 0.1
M227S: 0.04
Wipe: 10
Infill%: 90
Min Jump: 1
Trigger: 100
Loops: 100
Inside: 0
Cool: 100
Fan Z: 0
Min Layer: 1
Flow Tweak: 1.15
Min: 0.01
Max: 10
Z-lift: 0
M228 P value: 0.015
M228 S value: 0.015

Matl G-Code:
; Maybe set some material-specific G-code?

Printer : Hardware
Number of Extruders: 3
Loop/Solid Infill Overlap: 0.80
Bed Size: X:275 Y:265 Z:240
$/Hour: 0
Bed Center: X:-35 Y:0
Bed Roughness: 0
Z-Settle: 0.25
Z Offset: 0
Bed STL Model: /Applications/KISSlicer/BedCubeX.stl

Firmware:

Firmware Type: Bits for Bytes Printers
File extension: bfb
Mark path start/stop: none
Include comments: checked
Fan On: M106
Fan Off: M107
Use M228:  Checked
Post Process: "/Applications/KISSlicer/CubeItNet.app/Contents/MacOS/CubeItNet" "<FILE>"

Extruders:

Material: PLA-Cubex
Gain: 0.0225
Axis: E

Speed:

Fast Perimeter: 20
Fast Solid Infill: 25
Fast Sparse Infill: 25

Slower Perimeter: 15
Slower Solid Infill: 15
Slower Sparse Infill: 15

X.Y Travel Speed: 200
Z-Speed: 3.5
1st Layer Max Speed: 15
Limit Increase / Layer: 50
XY Accel: 1500

Ptr G-Code:

Prefix:
^Firmware:V1.07
; [mm] mode
G21
; absolute mode
G90
; MinExtruderSpeed=8

Select Extruder:
; Select extruder, warm, purge

; BfB-style
M542
M<EXT+1>04 S<TEMP>
M55<EXT+1> P2000 S80
M543

Deselect Extruder:
; Guaranteed same extruder, cooling down

; BfB-style
M<EXT+1>04 S<TEMP>

N[*] Layers
; Maybe re-home X & Y?

Postfix:
; All used extruders are already 'Cooled' to 0
M103
M104 S0
M204 S0
M304 S0

Misc:

Oversample Resolution: 0.06
Crowning Threshold: 1
Ram Warning: 8192

Luis E. Rodriguez

Apr 9, 2014, 1:31:20 PM4/9/14
to Peter Gregory, kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Anybody have files for an Ultimaker 2 I could start with? it's been eons since I used this software.

Luis E. Rodriguez

Shaun Hamontree

Apr 10, 2014, 1:14:40 AM4/10/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Thanks so much Peter!

Shaun Hamontree

Apr 10, 2014, 1:15:11 AM4/10/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Thanks very much Steven

giovanni...@gmail.com

Apr 10, 2014, 6:11:06 PM4/10/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi Peter,
I've just a question, into your settings I see Layer thickness 0.02 !!!
I've successfully printed with 0.05, I've tried once with 0.03 but the result wasn't good and I didn't had the time to try with different settings, what about the quality with 0.02 ? Can you post a picture ?

Thanks
Giovanni

Peter Gregory

Apr 10, 2014, 11:13:25 PM4/10/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
that was a typo:  0.2, not 0.02.
However, I am working on a fun project - a word clock:

Here is the back side with the light baffles:

The front side looks solid:  The first 3 layers are solid filament.

However, the rest of the layers up to 0.6 inch are letters.

When a light (say, a matrix of LEDS) shines from the back, you can light up individual words.