what is the difference between cubeitmodv4.5 and the ini file?

Diane z

Sep 8, 2014, 4:22:55 PM9/8/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
what is a ini file. I have installed cubeitmodv4.5 and I seem to have read that ini will set the settings for you is that correct? as I am still new and I cannot find the correct settings to put for my cubex. keep getting errors when I slice stl files. ex.. solid% <100 or >100 do not understand. plz help. should I download the ini instead? If so will those setting be ready to print....?

hugues

Sep 8, 2014, 5:04:57 PM9/8/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Please read the FIRST post (go to page 1), Giovanni put the basic ini file to download and to use with KS. :

They are ready to print but you may have to fine tune them.

giovanni...@gmail.com

Sep 8, 2014, 5:06:02 PM9/8/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi Diane,
go to the first post of this thread :

You'll find the files and the instructions, just follow them.

Install Cubeitmod V4.8 instead of V4.5

Don't forget to install Cubeitmod.po

The ini files are also into this post, just copy them like described into the instructions, the ini files contains basic settings to start to print, those settings are good to print with 0.1 layer thickness and with 3Dsystems original filament.

Diane z

Sep 8, 2014, 6:28:07 PM9/8/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
thank you, you say original 3d system filament, this will not work for bulk different filament? different vendor.

Diane Zimmerly :)

giovanni...@gmail.com

Sep 9, 2014, 1:50:43 AM9/9/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi Diane,
each filament's brand has differents specifications, extrusion temperature and fluidity may differ.
That's why you can start with the ini files but to achieve the best quality you have to fine tune the parameters.