KISSlicer Gcode cleaner

Philippe BOICHUT

Oct 11, 2014, 3:31:02 AM10/11/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Attached a small tool to improve KISSlicer GCode (Windows only).
It is a C++ implementation of jcrocholl code.
This eliminates stuttering caused by too many extra G1 commands on straight lines or very short segments.
It also reduces Gcode file
size, without reducing print quality or resolution.
Unzip this executable in KISSlicer folder.
To run this automatically in KISSlicer, enter the following in the Printer -> Firmware tab under Post-Process:

cleankiss.exe "<FILE>" 0 0 -c

Like below

When you save your gcode file in KISSlicer, the tool clean the gcode and write a second gcode file + ___c.gcode

Limitations :
- Windows Only
- The filename must have a .gcode extension
- Don't forget the two zeros after "<File>" : cleankiss.exe "<FILE>" 0 0 -c
- Gcode values have to be in mm units
CleanKISS.zip

Isaac Thompson

Oct 11, 2014, 5:53:52 PM10/11/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Seems like a good idea, I've never noticed stuttering issues but I'll check it out. How much does it reduce gcode file size? Could be really useful for a big terminator skull print ive got

Patrick Dussud

Oct 11, 2014, 7:10:45 PM10/11/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Machines that have a trajectory planner such as those running the sailfish or Marlin firmwares are not likely to be affected by stuttering because the machine looks ahead a few moves and does not slow down when the next move is aligned with the current one. Size reduction is good

> Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2014 14:53:52 -0700
> From: nhfre...@gmail.com
> To: kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
> Subject: [kisslicer-refugee-camp] KISSlicer Gcode cleaner

> Seems like a good idea, I've never noticed stuttering issues but I'll check it out. How much does it reduce gcode file size? Could be really useful for a big terminator skull print ive got

Mikk Kiilaspää

Oct 12, 2014, 6:05:04 AM10/12/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
They are affected, if there are too many commands with little to no movement forward. The buffer can take only so many commands to move forward before the printer move speed is greated than the receiving and processing speed of commands.

frozen...@yahoo.com

Oct 26, 2014, 9:24:45 AM10/26/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
um, this just made my file BIGGER!

171MB jumped up to 176MB

Philippe BOICHUT

Oct 26, 2014, 3:37:05 PM10/26/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Can you post or send me the original GCode file ?

frozen...@yahoo.com

Oct 27, 2014, 1:52:25 PM10/27/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
looks as if it makes all of my files bigger.

Here is a smaller gcode file, original is 624kb and cleaned is 647kb.

I am already running a LUA script to remove all M codes from my files because I use Mach3 with manual heat and fan control.

I thought this would reduce redundant code, haven't compared file to file but cleaned code is a larger file.
XYcube.zip
XYcube___c.zip