Fill not meeting circle loops

Peter Gregory

Mar 20, 2014, 3:19:12 PM3/20/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com

I'm printing a small part and I can't get the fill lines to touch the circle lines.
It leaves a gap through the entire print.
I tried changing the extruder width (top printed at 0.65mm, bottom printed at 0.40mm) but it still won't fill the entire area.
Does anyone know what setting controls this?

I'm using KISSlicer MAC 1.1.0.14 + CubitMod 3.0

Gearbox1.stl

A. Elias

Mar 20, 2014, 3:32:59 PM3/20/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I usually adjust the filament diameter or flow tweak to push out more plastic to fill the gaps.

Joseph Chiu

Mar 20, 2014, 4:41:56 PM3/20/14
to Peter Gregory, kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Under the Printer tab, there is a Loop/Solid Infill Overlap.   I'm not entirely sure if this will solve this particular problem, as it may simply be a case of the slicer not wanting to fill in small gaps between perimeters (SkeinForge has such a behavior).  But it might be worth a shot?
Inline image 1

hugues

Mar 20, 2014, 5:25:20 PM3/20/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com, Peter Gregory, joe...@joechiu.com
If increasing solid infill overlap don't work, maybe try to increase the speed of solid infill / support and minimum layer second to 0. Giovanni solved this part but it's looks like the problem we get before when the head was too slow.
I don't test with a layer height of 0.4mm, what are the speeds of your printer ?

The part with holes looks really thin, 0.4 mm (if i've got the good unit), it's not a good solution but you can try to print in 0.2 layer height.

On Thu, Mar 20, 2014 at 12:19 PM, Peter Gregory <pwgr...@comcast.net> wrote:

I'm printing a small part and I can't get the fill lines to touch the circle lines.
It leaves a gap through the entire print.
I tried changing the extruder width (top printed at 0.65mm, bottom printed at 0.40mm) but it still won't fill the entire area.
Does anyone know what setting controls this?

I'm using KISSlicer MAC 1.1.0.14 + CubitMod 3.0

Peter Gregory

Mar 20, 2014, 8:30:51 PM3/20/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com, Peter Gregory, joe...@joechiu.com
The solid fill overlap did the trick.
I had to increase it to close to 80 to get it to close up the holes.
I had changed the layer thickness to .4 by mistake, but for this type of print, I like it.
I changed it back to .2 and it took twice as long to print and the holes came back.
I'd have to increase the flow to fill the holes.

At .4 the resolution is good enough for the print and it prints fast and solid.
Since this print does not have details, it works great.

Thanks for the input everyone!

Message has been deleted

toranarod

Mar 21, 2014, 7:37:15 AM3/21/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
The green i printed on my CubeX using the new controller and the black was printed on a 3D touch using a .4 nozzle

My setting are so different to others user its not much help posting them.

 But you can see the difference in the final layer by slightly increasing the tweak by .05
new3d3.jpg
new3d5.jpg
new3d6.jpg